[ROM][4.3][CM10.2][HALO]HaloGen 0.9.5 Beta [DAILY DRIVER]

Search This thread

gdonanthony

Mar 2, 2013
Cebu City
Fixing camera will require prior knowledge of CM based Android development :p... I'll try my best but I hope intervigil fixes it before

Sent from my GT-I9500 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
its best to wait for intervigil for it and go take a look Perseus CM version it broke touch and Andrei will not work for now because he is waiting for someone to fix it...

and i think all i9500 CM users will have CM+Perseus= AWESOME

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
I installed 0.2 but still no external SD support.what does it means exfat support? Its related to external card? And also in about phone I see cm10.2 15.8 and not 17.8 why is that?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I noticed that. Lemme recompile :)

Also, there are mounting issues. So the externalSD will no be available in many apps. That's a device tree problem again. Waiting for intervigil, Grarak or doga to fix it
@Grarak did you clean up init rc?

Last edited:
Reactions: mw86

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
its best to wait for intervigil for it and go take a look Perseus CM version it broke touch and Andrei will not work for now because he is waiting for someone to fix it...

and i think all i9500 CM users will have CM+Perseus= AWESOME

@AndreiLux won't work because of the mess it is. :p He said that he will help out when the touch works. I dont have that much knowledge yet about why it isnt working.

Grarak

Recognized Developer
Jan 16, 2012
Vienna
Yes I noticed that. Lemme recompile :)

Also, there are mounting issues. So the externalSD will no be available in many apps. That's a device tree problem again. Waiting for intervigil, Grarak or doga to fix it

@Grarak did you clean up init rc?

No extSd is useable or just the 64GB ones?

send me your modified init rc

@AndreiLux won't work because of the mess it is. :p He said that he will help out when the touch works. I dont have that much knowledge yet about why it isnt working.

I need kmsg from stock kernel and perseus kernel

Reactions: D™ and mw86

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
No extSd is useable or just the 64GB ones?

send me your modified init rc

I need kmsg from stock kernel and perseus kernel

My 16GB one is working, but I can't see it by default in some applications. I am guessing it's mount point issue

Where do we modify the mount point? I tried fiddling with fstab but even that didn't help...

We can ask for for Perseus kmsg on Andrei's thread, people will help out their

galza

Sep 29, 2011
kabri
By the way I know that its maybe not the right forum but adaway make system ui crash on me.any adblocker that works with cm?

iamsachin

Dec 26, 2008
New Delhi
By the way I know that its maybe not the right forum but adaway make system ui crash on me.any adblocker that works with cm?

Please give me logcat of the crash, I'll tell you why it happens and try to fix it on my ROM

Last edited:
@iamsachin, what command do you use for building cm?
i tried with brunch, breakfast, lunch but this error keeps popping up
~/android/system$ brunch i9500
including vendor/cm/vendorsetup.sh
ls: cannot access device/*/i9500/cm.mk: No such file or directory
build/core/product_config.mk:233: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_i9500". Stop.
Device i9500 not found. Attempting to retrieve device repository from CyanogenMod Github (http://github.com/CyanogenMod).
Found repository: android_device_samsung_i9500
Default revision: cm-10.2
Checking branch info
Default revision cm-10.2 not found in android_device_samsung_i9500. Bailing.
Branches found:
cm-10.1
Use the ROOMSERVICE_BRANCHES environment variable to specify a list of fallback branches.
ls: cannot access device/*/i9500/cm.mk: No such file or directory
build/core/product_config.mk:233: *** Can not locate config makefile for product "cm_i9500". Stop.

** Don't have a product spec for: 'cm_i9500'
** Do you have the right repo manifest?

No such item in brunch menu. Try 'breakfast'
Already spent like 4hrs trying to figure this out. Also, i cloned intervigil's vendor proprietary files in the vendor folder and cloned the device tree in the system/device/samsung/ folder
Thanks in advance :D
EDIT:I renamed the full_i9500.mk file as cm.mk and now this error is gone (ls: cannot access device/*/i9500/cm.mk: No such file or directory). Also, the file I renamed consisted of PRODUCT_NAME and stuff so I think it's the one

Last edited:
Reactions: mw86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends,

Welcome to HaloGen for i9500.
    This ROM is a neat and clean CM10.2 with HALO feature from the ParanoidAndroid.

First I would like to thank the people who made this possible:
    1) @intervigil and CM team for porting CM10.2 on i9500. Nothing was fated for this device without them.
    2) ParanoidAndroid for making the fantastic HALO feature, proving once again that Android has been always about innovation of exciting user friendly features.
    3) @Grarak and @doga.ozkaraca for constantly clearing my doubts whenever I had regarding anything.
    4) @AndreiLux for his unbeatable Perseus kernel.
    5) Samsung, who knows how to make good devices, but being dumbasses for not releasing sources.
    6) Many thanks to the works of Cristiano Matos (https://github.com/cristianomatos). All the latest changes are totally derived from his work.
    7) Special thanks to @hamdogg for a youtube review and an amazing logo image. Please subscribe his channel as a token of appreciation. :)

HaloGen
    This was basically a personal project for me to learn Android OS development. I was fascinated about the HALO feature and so I began implementing it over the always faithful base of CM.

HaloGen sources:
    https://github.com/IamSachin/

Disclaimer: I am not responsible if you spoil your device using this. I have tested it on my device and the Known Bugs list is always up to date

Please refer second post for known bugs and changelog.

It's ready for a daily driver. Now I will look into device based stability in device tree.

Video Review:
    Youtube Review by hamdogg

Screenshots:
    xnh1.png
    ctis.png
    j1ss.png
    qr4u.png
    yn4.png
    if47.png

cu4y.png

Root Access, Super Su
    (Fix is available-http://download.chainfire.eu/345/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.51.zip) Thanks @AL_IRAQI -- CONFIRMED ROOT ACCESS WORKING

Download link : HaloGen 0.9.5
    GAPPS : http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130813-signed.zip
    Changelog

Beta 0.9.5:
    1) Updated kernel to 4.3 source
    2) Introduced kernel dependencies to fix bootloops. (thanks to intervigil)
    3) Updated blobs to 4.3 source
    4) Cleanups by intervigil

Beta 0.9:
    1) init..rc, fstab, uventd cleanup
    2) latest cm commits
    3) latest halo commits
    4) updated vendor blobs.
    5) Moved to intervigil kernel. I will include Perseus kernel by default in future builds. Facing some compiling issues.

Experimental:
    Sound changes. Please provide feedback on microphone input during calls.

Known bugs:
    Standard Device Tree bugs
    Halogen 0.8 Beta

HaloGen is back :)

Changelog:
    1) Latest intervigil commits
    2) Latest CM commits (including CM accounts)
    3) Fixed soft button touch wake up on lock screen.
    4) All latest HALO commits
    5) Fixed HALO settings

HaloGen 0.8
    Hey guys, I shall be back really soon. Having some time for personal issues.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    @iamsachin
    Hello! Glad u back. Do u have any intention of updating this rom in the soonest time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Paranoid Android is about to release the new HALO for KitKat. So this ROM will be updated after that for CM11 base.
    Meanwhile I am experimenting with the audio stuff.