[Q] Android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly

Search This thread

showmeaction

Feb 10, 2011
I am running a stable CM7;every time I install a new rom I get the error message "The Process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly". This keeps on going and eventually causes some sort of boot loop, I just go back into recovery and restore to my CM7. I've done a great deal of research, and still can't find the solution to my problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

showmeaction

Feb 10, 2011
Miui, synergy, virtuous unity. Got the same problem for all.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

showmeaction

Feb 10, 2011
That worked, but after restoring with Titanium I got the same message; this time it didn't shut down though. Could it be a bad back up?

ExtremeNerd

Mar 1, 2011
STL
That worked, but after restoring with Titanium I got the same message; this time it didn't shut down though. Could it be a bad back up?

I've run across this issue a few times myself. If you Google it, the process is an issue with syncing a contact. The easy way to fix is wipe your contacts using titanium. Otherwise, if you've restored your contacts, search through them for a contact with information but without a name.

uzziah0

Jan 14, 2008
Sony Xperia XZ1
My wife's with original ROM and not unlocked and not rooted is having the same problem.
I will look through the contacts, but that is VERY difficult, as it stops unexpectedly soon after showing Contacts.

It seems to be something with her contact list from Google that gets onto her phone that causes Contacts to crash. Any ideas what I need to look for, or some utility to clean her contacts?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's the good one...hmm..go in to mounts and storage and wipe everything (except sdcard)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA Premium App