HyperDrive Tweaks

Search This thread

monkeyhouse

Apr 2, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Does anyone know if there is a way to install HyperDrive Tweaks 2.0 on an SGH-i537 running 4.2.2 and MF3? How about just the Device Menu(shutdown menu)? I really like HyperDrive and run 10.2 from slot 1, but since I can't run it as my stock ROM, I was looking for ways to customize my stock ROM.

Does anyone know if there is a way to install HyperDrive Tweaks 2.0 on an SGH-i537 running 4.2.2 and MF3? How about just the Device Menu(shutdown menu)? I really like HyperDrive and run 10.2 from slot 1, but since I can't run it as my stock ROM, I was looking for ways to customize my stock ROM.

I know we've been talking a bit in the other thread, but is there a reason you want to customize your stock ROM with tweaks rather than just using Hyperdrive in slot 1? Ideally here's what I would do if I ever had to start over:
  1. Flash phone to stock MF3 at local Best Buy
  2. Before setting up my phone again, copy the entire phone and post a zip for the community
  3. Do not set up stock ROM, simply root and install SafeStrap
  4. Max out the memory settings on slot 1 and only use slot 1.

The benefit to doing this is I would have an almost completely untouched stock ROM that I could always use to receive official updates while still running a custom ROM as my default.

monkeyhouse

Apr 2, 2012
Cumberland, MD
I know we've been talking a bit in the other thread, but is there a reason you want to customize your stock ROM with tweaks rather than just using Hyperdrive in slot 1? Ideally here's what I would do if I ever had to start over:
  1. Flash phone to stock MF3 at local Best Buy
  2. Before setting up my phone again, copy the entire phone and post a zip for the community
  3. Do not set up stock ROM, simply root and install SafeStrap
  4. Max out the memory settings on slot 1 and only use slot 1.

The benefit to doing this is I would have an almost completely untouched stock ROM that I could always use to receive official updates while still running a custom ROM as my default.

Well, so far, my experience has been that the stock ROM is the most stable. Since I have seen HyperDrive and GPE and have even added some things from Sony Zperia, I see things I like in all of those. If I can tweak my stock and have all the parts from other ROM's that I like, why wouldn't I? There is no local Best Buy here, but I rarely take my equipment to a business for service, too many kids who don't really know what they are doing, I guess. Also, I thought I read somewhere that unlocking my phone was what would prohibit me from installing updates? But since you mention that subject, couldn't I clean the slots, un-root, remove safestrap and do a factory rest and have my original ROM? I know last week I was trying to flash a widget and I did a factory reset, wiped cache and it seemed to be stock to me. I know I had to re-setup my accounts and re-download my apps. I was able to download the last AT&T update, just couldn't install, but I still had root and safestrap. So, from what I read, I could probably install the update if I wanted to and took care of root.

So, I guess to answer your question, I get a kick out of making changes in general, whether if be with my stock ROM or an added one. I'm not a developer, but I do wish I knew more about the OS so I could help with the bootloader issue.

One thing for sure, I definitely appreciate the help I get from the folks here. Pretty fun stuff.