[Q] Oppo N1 CyanogenMod 10.2 Rooting issues.

Search This thread

Lalarex

Mar 26, 2013
Hey guys, so I finally decided to switch from the great ColorOS to CyanogenMod as I'd heard there was CM11 nightlies available. So I used the normal flashing method and I'm now running CM10.2 which is great. Only issue is I don't have root access. I've tried installing OppoOwn apk but to no avail. I read that root is already included in CM0.2 and you simply need to enable it in the developer options however I have no root management settings in there. Any ideas why? Other phones seem to. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

maxwen

Jun 10, 2012
Thanks for getting back to me pal. I have tried flashing it only issue is I've only got stock recovery and I can't flash twrp without root. Flashing SuperSU with stock doesn't work. Stuck in a loop :/

You don't need root to flash recovery using fastboot

Sent from my N1 using Tapatalk

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Thanks for getting back to me pal. I have tried flashing it only issue is I've only got stock recovery and I can't flash twrp without root. Flashing SuperSU with stock doesn't work. Stuck in a loop :/

Why the heck are you trying to root your device to flash recovery?

It's the other way around, you flash custom recovery using fastboot in order to root your device.

Harfainx

Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 10, 2010
With stock recovery you won't be able to flash SuperSU.

However you should be installing TWRP before rooting anyway. Reboot your phone and hold volume+ on reboot. This will put you into Fastboot. Connect to your computer and follow the instructions listed on the TWRP website HERE.

After rebooting into TWRP, then you can flash SuperSU.

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
Im thinkin about trading my Rooted Verizon Galaxy Note 3 for a Oppo N1. Does the N1 work on Verizon network?

☛HYPER?DRIVE☚

Entropy512

Senior Recognized Developer
Aug 31, 2007
Owego, NY
Im thinkin about trading my Rooted Verizon Galaxy Note 3 for a Oppo N1. Does the N1 work on Verizon network?

☛HYPER?DRIVE☚

No. As long as you stay on Verizon, you're going to be stuck with crippled devices.

I strongly suggest something like Straight Talk's BYOD SIM plans. The N1 will work with SIMs for both T-Mobile and AT&T and all of their MVNOs (the AT&T SIMs from Straight Talk are your best bet.)

mwebb34

Sep 9, 2012
No. As long as you stay on Verizon, you're going to be stuck with crippled devices.

I strongly suggest something like Straight Talk's BYOD SIM plans. The N1 will work with SIMs for both T-Mobile and AT&T and all of their MVNOs (the AT&T SIMs from Straight Talk are your best bet.)

Time to tell VERIZON to kiss my Ass. Thanks for the info much appreciated.

☛Hyper?Drive☚