How to boot up your phone in safe mode.

Search This thread

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Hehehe. That's why called safe mode. :D

Sent from N7105, powered by DittoNote3 v.3.2 with AGNi PSN purestock v3.9.3 OC

Yep, but sometimes it comes as a surprise, especially if you wanted to use a specific app but forgot that it was a 3rd party app.
Was quite a shock to discover this mode when I wasn't aware of it... Loosing approx. 350 apps is a shock... Luckily I saw "safe mode" on the screen before reflahing back to stock and starting again which is my fallback if things go wrong....

Reactions: kraken77

kraken77

May 6, 2012
Somewhere in The Earth
Yep, but sometimes it comes as a surprise, especially if you wanted to use a specific app but forgot that it was a 3rd party app.
Was quite a shock to discover this mode when I wasn't aware of it... Loosing approx. 350 apps is a shock... Luckily I saw "safe mode" on the screen before reflahing back to stock and starting again which is my fallback if things go wrong....

Yes when we enter safe mode there are only samsung garbage appear. I thought we all knew this. I knew it since i was on note 2. That's why i backup my touchwiz layout and data using titanium backup before i attempt to use the safe mode. Anyway im sorry if your phone goes wrong because im not giving the instruction very well :(

Sent from Hacker OS

Last edited:
Reactions: antique_sonic

tclocki

May 14, 2013
This is quite nice to know. Cant imagine yet though when it will be quite useful at least for me. :)

pete4k

Jan 2, 2014
Safe mode is a way to boot up the phone when only original, factory installed programs load up. The most obvious reason to do so would be: lets say you install some new application and phone no longer works. With safe mode you can boot up the phone and delete offending app and be all golden in no time at all, otherwise the only option would be to wipe and reload everything anew, rather very time consuming proposition. In other words safe mode is trouble shooting tool and should only be used as such, with malfunctioning phone. It saved my arse quiet few times with my Win computer, and albeit I had no reason to use it on my phone yet, except for testing, it's good to know such option exists just in case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If your device are causing problems, you can enter the safe mode to troubleshoot the problem by

1)Turning off your device
    2)Press the power button.
    3)When the time the Samsung logo appears, hold down the Volume down key until you reach the lock screen. :D
    Be aware that all apps installed are disabled in safe mode...
    Be aware that all apps installed are disabled in safe mode...

Yes when we enter safe mode there are only samsung garbage appear. I thought we all knew this. I knew it since i was on note 2. That's why i backup my touchwiz layout and data using titanium backup before i attempt to use the safe mode. Anyway im sorry if your phone goes wrong because im not giving the instruction very well :(

Sent from Hacker OS