[RECOVERY] 3e Recovery No Sig Check

Search This thread

Jawad Twam

May 19, 2014
Ramallah
RECOVERY 3e Recovery Modded w/ No Verification​
:highfive:

I have noticed some of you are having issues after installing a new kernel or rom, when you boot into recovery you now have 3e, which does not allow unsigned zips to be flashed. With this version of 3e it has no-verification check, now allowing you to flash whatever you want.

This zip has
1) 3e recovery modified to disable signature checking
2) disables the forced wipe after installing any update.

Instructions
1)Download and extract the file here
2)Use a terminal emulator or ADB shell and type.. (or you can use Root Explorer or SGSTools to mount system RW)

Code:
mount -o rw,remount /dev/block/stl9 /system

3)Use a file manager like Root Explorer and copy the recovery file to /system/bin and replace the one there
4)Now, reboot and you should have a modded 3e recovery with no signature verification

You can either leave the modded 3e recovery or you can now flash CWM via Rom Manager

**Just like anything else, I am not responsible if this bricks your phone, this is fairly simple, follow the guide...Do at your own risk**

card2.png

asprakash

Jul 29, 2014
The file link is broken.

Hi Jawad Twam,
Very useful. I am also trying the same on my samsung galaxy S5. However, I could not download your recovery file since the link is broken. Can you please upload the file in somewhere and share the link?.

Thanks in adv,
Prakash.

croacroa

Jan 6, 2016
Hi I get a message "operation not permitted" in the terminal emulator after typing the line. How can I fix that?

Top Liked Posts