{PRO}[DEVELOPMENT] - CM9.1 - FreeXperia Project

Search This thread

Splog

Dec 9, 2008
Shame. I take it you both flashed the latest kernel?

Sent from my Xperia Pro using xda app-developers app

M Junaid

You must flash the komplett zip in the CWM, only extract the boot.img and flash it via fastboot.

ok mate... thanx for ur help...:good:
gona try this ryt now...

Mj

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

ok mate... thanx for ur help...:good:
gona try this ryt now...

Mj

one more thing mate... shud i have to flash baseband first or the kernel ?

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
To those who uses CM9. Anybody wanna check the files in

/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/ using either a filemanager or terminal?

Would like to know the contents I might help solve the keyboard backlight. (I need those files while keyboard is open)

Also if anybody is willing to share the latest kernel. Will try to look into some of the problems myself.

Also for video playback. Anybody willing to see if /dev/video* exists? I'm not sure what's the exact file in there but I'm sure it should start with video. On stock ROM it's /dev/video20

Last edited:

coxicomans

Oct 11, 2008
MULHOUSE
coxicomans.free.fr
To those who uses CM9. Anybody wanna check the files in

/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/ using either a filemanager or terminal?

Would like to know the contents I might help solve the keyboard backlight. (I need those files while keyboard is open)

Also if anybody is willing to share the latest kernel. Will try to look into some of the problems myself.

Also for video playback. Anybody willing to see if /dev/video* exists? I'm not sure what's the exact file in there but I'm sure it should start with video. On stock ROM it's /dev/video20

hello, i've checked this file. it appears to be a lot of folder and sub folder infinite.

i explain:

/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/ after you have a folder named subsystem, you enter the folder and you have the thame than before etc....

so you can have /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem//keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/ ....

i don't know if it'a a es file explorer bug, or a firmware bug

you have the same problem with other folder.

there are 134203 files and 39878 folder in keyboard-backlight folder an it weights 384,64MB !!!!!!!

i've tried with astro and the same problem appears !

Last edited:
Reactions: Riyal

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Hi! Could you pack the whole backlight folder for me? Or just ignore the subsystem folder I need to see those values

Also if you change the value of
/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness
to 255 and save it does the keyboard backlight work?

if you have terminal or on adb you could do that by typing the command
echo 255 > /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness
as root or just edit it using any file manager with root feature

so you can have /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem//keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/keyboard-backlight/subsystem/

this one is just normal. That folder is a shortcut to it's previous folder so it's just an infinite loop of paths :p

Last edited:
Reactions: coxicomans

coxicomans

Oct 11, 2008
MULHOUSE
coxicomans.free.fr
Ok i have done what you said, that works. But i need change rights to rwx everywhere otherwise the value 255 not saved. But when i reboot, the value is 0 even if i put the rights like before and then, the keyboard doesn't work again.

2nd problem, the keyboard is always on even if the screen is off and even if i push on/off button

How can i zip the full folder i can only do that from my mk16i

Last edited:

Riyal

Dec 16, 2011
Iloilo City
Ok i have done what you said, that works. But i need change rights to rwx everywhere otherwise the value 255 not saved. But when i reboot, the value is 0 even if i put the rights like before and then, the keyboard doesn't work again.

2nd problem, the keyboard is always on even if the screen is off and even if i push on/off button

How can i zip the full folder i can only do that from my mk16i

That's exactly the problem! ;) Congrats you found it :D

Now all I need is the FXP127 kernel and I think I will be able to fix the keyboard backlight issue.

Or if you guys wanna do it yourself Just decompile the kernel and alter the ramdisk

Edit
init.semc.rc & init.rc
set the proper permissions or give correct ownership on the brightness.
On default stock ROM it was done using this line.

chown system system /sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/brightness

Last edited:

coxicomans

Oct 11, 2008
MULHOUSE
coxicomans.free.fr
ok it's become difficult for me, i'm not a dev ;)

so i've mp you the kernel pour mk16i

thank you for your help. tell us if you find the problem

good luck

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

There is a service app that handles keyboard open/close event and modify the brightness value in

/sys/class/leds/keyboard-backlight/

here

https://bitbucket.org/Gottox/keyboardled/src/81f22a75b697/bin

it's for milestone 2

does it works on mk16i ICS cm9?

char101

Jan 13, 2011
it's for milestone 2

does it works on mk16i ICS cm9?

No, it force closed, but it did make the backlight on/off before FC.

Looking at the source, I think there's nothing model specific about it. The algorithm is simple, listen to keyboard pulled out event, then set brightness to 255. Listen to keyboard pulled in event, then set brightness to 0.

EDIT: The app works. After installing the apk, run the app, set to enabled and restart the phone. The keyboard backlight is on when the keyboard is out and off when the keyboard is in. But running the application front end causes it to FC, but other that that, it works.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts