[OFFICIAL THREAD] Lenovo K3 NOTE [CWM/ROOT]

Search This thread

kangel

Jan 2, 2010
Lecce
Modding Lenovo K3 Note
I anticipate that I will, nor the forum will take responsibility 'of malfunctions and \ or damage!

Part One - CMW Install and Root command line

In this thread, I'll describe a simple, fast, and definitely safer than SPFTools.
SPFTools VCOM working on ports that are not always recognized, sometimes give problems also installing special drivers, they are almost always a problem for Windows because of the signatures on the driver.

Closed this little digression for information, we start with the drivers:

Install all drivers Lenovo inside. Once you finished enable the USB debugging and wait for Windows to complete its configuration.
When completed restart the PC and install the utility on the device:

Be sure to restart to have all the drivers installed correctly and stay in Debug USB.
Without this included in your terminal this .zip file to obtain permits Root later:

Now download this Minimal ADB (with Recovery K3 notes included) from here:

Now comes the fun part!
Unzip the zip file and open the file py_cmd.exe and quietly run these commands:

Code:
adb devices

To ensure that the PC recognizes the device, and if it should be unauthorized make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

This command will reboot the phone on a black screen, going in fastboot .

Code:
fastboot devices

This command will confirm the above.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

This command will install the much sought CWM, but it is not over yet!

Code:
fastboot reboot

This command will restart the device.

Perfect! now to get root permissions, there will be that off the device, wait a few seconds and turn it on using this key combination:

VOLUME UP - VOLUME DOWN - POWER

Wait until the CWM is not playing, choose obviously the English language.
Subsequently searching

Code:
install zip

... and subsequently ...

Code:
choose zip from /sdcard

... looking for that zip file SuperUser inserted at the beginning.

Et voila! The device is unlocked and ready to receive new rom and functionality!

Part Two - Install new ROM from SPFTools CWM does not work when

Many with the above guide you tried to change the finding in eom stuck.
With this procedure you can go back, but before we move forward I want to give you a few details regarding the update of the rom:

*- The rom mounted on chinese devices with Play Service support and multilanguage already moddate the seller.
*- Given the above, download a rom 'official' (see NeedRom) carrying the phone in its native state.
*- If you need to download the latest versions from the site VibeUI not download the latest available, sometimes the downgrade is not possible (personal experience).

Let's start!

First, before you go ahead to make sure you have followed the guidance post 100% in the first part of the thread.
Follow the link:

Now unpack everything and put it in a folder convenient for you.

I post the link of a rom in case I tried to see if this will work, even to you. To me it is working well.
In the third part if this rom works almost everyone will get all roms that I find around and decide what to do and what to do.

Once downloaded, extract directory in a readily available and open flash_tool.exe .

Before we go on, first remove the battery and attach only the USB cable, then set the SPFTools this:

142785d1431250333-thread-ufficiale-modding-lenovo-k3-note-spftool_1.jpg
Set in this way the program.

142786d1431250335-thread-ufficiale-modding-lenovo-k3-note-spftool_2.jpg
In step [1] look for the previously extracted folder and locate the file.

Give the program a few seconds to load the rom, and after leaving it in Download Only Click Download .
Obviously nothing will happen, to make sure that going forward, you can simply insert the battery and wait for the completion of the transaction.

Reinstall the back cover and turn on the device. Give it about 8/10 minutes for the first startup.

Et voila! We are again ready to modding this Lenovo K3 notes!

Part Three - Collection ROM

In update :p

You will not find in this type of tour guides, as is the link is driving are my own work, so excluding the Play app store are my property. If you have any problem with the link, do not hesitate to ask.

If you have been useful, it is needless to say that it is a thanks is appreciated!

PS: SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH!

Last edited:

itzikd1

Apr 2, 2011
will get my lenovo in a week and will use this guide, Thanks!

just one question, when installing the driver's is phono connected to pc? and is it connected with battery inside it?

Modding Lenovo K3 Note
I anticipate that I will, nor the forum will take responsibility 'of malfunctions and \ or damage!

In this thread, I'll describe a simple, fast, and definitely safer than SPFTools.
SPFTools VCOM working on ports that are not always recognized, sometimes give problems also installing special drivers, they are almost always a problem for Windows because of the signatures on the driver.

Install all drivers Lenovo inside. Once you finished enable the USB debugging and wait for Windows to complete its configuration.

Be sure to restart to have all the drivers installed correctly and stay in Debug USB.
Without this included in your terminal this .zip file to obtain permits Root later:

Now comes the fun part!

Code:
adb devices

To ensure that the PC recognizes the device, and if it should be unauthorized make sure that USB debugging is enabled.

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

Code:
fastboot devices

Code:

Code:
fastboot reboot

Perfect! now to get root permissions, there will be that off the device, wait a few seconds and turn it on using this key combination:

Subsequently searching

Code:
install zip

... and subsequently ...

Code:
choose zip from /sdcard

Et voila! The device is unlocked and ready to receive new rom and functionality!

You will not find in this type of tour guides, as is the link is driving are my own work, so excluding the Play app store are my property. If you have any problem with the link, do not hesitate to ask.

If you have been useful, it is needless to say that it is a thanks is appreciated!

asif3366

May 8, 2015
Better add a custom ROM for Lenovo K3 note in the thread has official Roms of lenovo k3 note are useless bcuz FDD 4G and VPN are not supported in k3 notes official ROM. It would be better if some one finds and updates the thread with k3 notes custom roms available :good:

Reactions: arefin_sajib

_mfm_

Nov 21, 2009
Better add a custom ROM for Lenovo K3 note in the thread has official Roms of lenovo k3 note are useless bcuz FDD 4G and VPN are not supported in k3 notes official ROM. It would be better if some one finds and updates the thread with k3 notes custom roms available :good:

Do you have it and know that FDD LTE is not supported? Sounds unlikely as China Unicom has FDD LTE in addition to TDD LTE (and the phone supports China Unicom).

asif3366

May 8, 2015
Is there any ROM supporting dual SIMs?

Thanks.

Every ROM of k3 note official or custom ROM supports dual sim :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Do you have it and know that FDD LTE is not supported? Sounds unlikely as China Unicom has FDD LTE in addition to TDD LTE (and the phone supports China Unicom).

Yes I have lenovo k3 note since few weeks but still I am not able to make FDD 4g work in my K3 note but yes I have fixed the VPN problem with a custom ROM but still 4g is not working in my K3 note. :(

Reactions: kuba123

_mfm_

Nov 21, 2009
Every ROM of k3 note official or custom ROM supports dual sim :eek:

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 AM ----------

Yes I have lenovo k3 note since few weeks but still I am not able to make FDD 4g work in my K3 note but yes I have fixed the VPN problem with a custom ROM but still 4g is not working in my K3 note. :(

What mobile operator do you use?

BTW, Can you check if RDS is supported in the FM Radio app?

aariss

Nov 1, 2011
Pls add in 1st page for easy reference...

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 3,590

dreambo

May 5, 2010
Hi, here it is. This restores good backups

Thank you :)
I have already see that link, but I do not understand Spanish and in the google translated version, I can not have the download link :
We must follow the link of the china forum, or we have to be registered to see the link in the thread ?

FeyoMx

Jan 25, 2013
Pachuca
Reactions: dreambo
[REQ] SafeCenter

Dear Colleagues,

I have Lenovo Vibe Z2. It has got recently the Lollipop upgrade that works quite well. But Lenovo did not include the SafeCecter app into the upgrade and the old one, extracted from the 4.4 ROM, isn't compatible with the new ROM, it even cannot be installed.

So, my request: would someone be so kind and extract the SafeCecter app from the K3 Note firmware for me? Since the K3 also has Lollipop I hope that your SafeCecter would serve well on my Z2 too.

Thanks a lot in advance!

FeyoMx

Jan 25, 2013
Pachuca
Dear Colleagues,

I have Lenovo Vibe Z2. It has got recently the Lollipop upgrade that works quite well. But Lenovo did not include the SafeCecter app into the upgrade and the old one, extracted from the 4.4 ROM, isn't compatible with the new ROM, it even cannot be installed.

So, my request: would someone be so kind and extract the SafeCecter app from the K3 Note firmware for me? Since the K3 also has Lollipop I hope that your SafeCecter would serve well on my Z2 too.

Thanks a lot in advance!

I hope you work. place on /System/priv-app and set permissions. greetings.

Attachments

• LenovoSecurity.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 514
Last edited:
Reactions: ctibor

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Modding Lenovo K3 Note

Part One - CMW Install and Root command line

Now comes the fun part!

Code:
    adb devices

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Code:
    fastboot devices

Code:

Code:
    fastboot reboot

VOLUME UP - VOLUME DOWN - POWER

Subsequently searching

Code:
    install zip

... and subsequently ...

Code:
    choose zip from /sdcard

Part Two - Install new ROM from SPFTools CWM does not work when

Many with the above guide you tried to change the finding in eom stuck.
    With this procedure you can go back, but before we move forward I want to give you a few details regarding the update of the rom:

*- The rom mounted on chinese devices with Play Service support and multilanguage already moddate the seller.
    *- Given the above, download a rom 'official' (see NeedRom) carrying the phone in its native state.
    *- If you need to download the latest versions from the site VibeUI not download the latest available, sometimes the downgrade is not possible (personal experience).

Let's start!

First, before you go ahead to make sure you have followed the guidance post 100% in the first part of the thread.
    Follow the link:

Now unpack everything and put it in a folder convenient for you.

I post the link of a rom in case I tried to see if this will work, even to you. To me it is working well.
    In the third part if this rom works almost everyone will get all roms that I find around and decide what to do and what to do.

Once downloaded, extract directory in a readily available and open flash_tool.exe .

Before we go on, first remove the battery and attach only the USB cable, then set the SPFTools this:

142785d1431250333-thread-ufficiale-modding-lenovo-k3-note-spftool_1.jpg
    Set in this way the program.

142786d1431250335-thread-ufficiale-modding-lenovo-k3-note-spftool_2.jpg
    In step [1] look for the previously extracted folder and locate the file.

Give the program a few seconds to load the rom, and after leaving it in Download Only Click Download .
    Obviously nothing will happen, to make sure that going forward, you can simply insert the battery and wait for the completion of the transaction.

Reinstall the back cover and turn on the device. Give it about 8/10 minutes for the first startup.

Et voila! We are again ready to modding this Lenovo K3 notes!

Part Three - Collection ROM

In update :p

Seeing as that the first post is not getting updated anytime soon, coupled with the urgent need for a common list of working ROMs/recoveries, I have compiled it here in this wiki : https://www.reddit.com/r/lenovok3note/wiki/index.

Currently, it contains information on various:
    • Video tutorials
    • Rooting methods
    • Working custom recoveries
    • Custom ROMs and their download links

I'll try to keep the list updated. Also, I might be adding interested Reddit members to be contributors/maintainers of the wiki.
    OK... As many friends are asking the steps by PM, I am posting here...

Actually the OP is cent per cent correct. But in most cases people get back LENOVO stock recovery even after flashing CWM recovery, due to simple mis-understanding...

So follow OP till the fastboot command to flash CWM recovery by
    Code:
    After this step, we have to reboot the phone using
    Code:
    fastboot reboot
    command. But immediately after issuing the reboot command by pressing the enter key, PRESS AND HOLD BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS. Then only the phone will reboot to recently flashed CWM recovery. Else the reboot will be normal reboot and during that process, our CWM recovery will be overwritten by stock lenovo recovery.

After successfully entering the CWM recovery, select ENGLISH as language and then give the command to flash the SuperSU zip file and reboot... HURRAHH, now your phone is rooted with CWM recovery...
    WARNING: For those that are using custom roms from spanish/chinese forums, there is a spyware installed that is disguising as a system APK. It collects information about apps installed, imei, serial no,etc and sends them to 622b6.romdu.com, a server in China. This is also documented in other AOSP roms for other china phones, like this one (sorry, still cannot post links).

This file is located at located at:
    AOSP v3: /system/app/SystemServer/SystemServer.apk
    Limonchelo: /system/app/LenovoServer/LenovoServer.apk

I suggest everyone that is using the above roms to remove this app. (This APK could be installed on other ROMS as well, disguising under other names.)
    That are bad news again! Is there any ROM no matter if custom or official where I can choose german as system language?

Where can I find the hacked ROM from the K3 Notes sold by Gearbest with german langage and Paystore included? Has anyone a link?
    (May I restore a TWRP nand-backup made on an other K3 Note or will I get problems with IMAI or something like that?)

You can restore a Nandroid backup from other phone like yours using the same recovery, for example TWRP.
    Only if NVRam is in the backup and you choose to restore it. Or sometimes if you format system.
    But you have Chamelephon app to fix that IMEI invalid MTK bug.

just flashed mine with indian rom using flashtools.
    Any idea if we can install custom recovery the same way as the chinese one?

Flash recovery via SP Flashtools, fastboot won't work in this case.

---------- Post added at 11:04 ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 ----------

So i'm still trying to make a flashable recovery zip from a Nandroid backup, now with the new lollipop .dat files it's more complicated.

So for now i leave you here my TWRP backup (system and boot only):

K50a40_S114_150618_ROW

It's untouched stock, latest OTA, every app updated and rooted!
    The first boot takes a long time optimizing all the apps...
    This way nobody else has to flash the entire rom via SP Flashtools and go through all the troubles we have seen.
    Just enter recovery, do wipes, restore, reboot, Done!

It thanks if i helped you;)