[R&D] Unlocking the Galaxy Nexus SIM Lock

Search This thread

ptisam

Jun 17, 2010
London
Help ! Since I've used the script, my gsm Galaxy Nexus doesn't find any network anymore. I've already tried to flash the stock rom (the maguro one, bootloader, radio, system, recovery, wipe date...) without any effect. Don't know what to do else now. Even with a total stock reset the problem is still present. It seems like the phone alternates between airplane mode off and on, without any control on it on the settings. When it try to search the networks it fails. Even emergency calls are impossible ! It tells me "out of service area". Any idea for a solution for that =/ ?

Sorry for my english ^^

Last edited:

Roman2K

Jan 10, 2012
@ptisam
Since you used the script as-is, it should have backed up the original nv_data.bin and .md5 in /mnt/sdcard/nv_data_mod/factory.

You can always restore them from there to /data/radio and /factory.

Should you do that, you would have to find another unlocking solution though :).

ptisam

Jun 17, 2010
London
Oh, I've already wiped the data =( but I finally found another solution. The file /factory/nv.log was renamed as .bak and it seemed to be the issue. Since I've renamed it, everything works fine...

Yeah indeed for the unlock, I don't really understand why it didn't work... It seems to work with other people with gsm galaxy nexus =/ anyway, I'll wait until i receive the unlock code from my carrier, it just a question of a few days

Thanks very much !

soudara

Jul 24, 2007
work but lose signal

yes it's working but lose my signal gsm and hsdpa 2mn every 15minute please fix
ty

ctkhaled

Oct 20, 2008
ohhhhhhhhhhhhh

thank's it's work
but still a big problem, the phone enter in aircraft mode every 5 min, even in call
the gnex is sim unlocked :) but unusable :mad:

ctkhaled

Oct 20, 2008
i reflash my gnex with an aosp rooted rom a i unlocked it again. but still the phone enter aircraft mode for 1 or 2 minutes randomly.
please help with this, i revert to my old nokia :confused:

gaglax

Jan 22, 2011
i reflash my gnex with an aosp rooted rom a i unlocked it again. but still the phone enter aircraft mode for 1 or 2 minutes randomly.

did you execute a full wipe, factory reset, davlik cache, ..?
attached you will find my original files.

Attachments

• nv_data.zip
    12.1 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: gigisector

ctkhaled

Oct 20, 2008
Thank you gaglax
yes i do all the wipes,
pls confirm the fils attached are the original unlocked or locked?
and have a gsm probleme after the unlocking procedure
ty

gaglax

Jan 22, 2011
Thank you gaglax
yes i do all the wipes,
pls confirm the fils attached are the original unlocked or locked?
and have a gsm probleme after the unlocking procedure
ty

those are the files from the original script which were backed up in /mnt/sdcard/nv_data_mod/factory.
the changed files can be found in /mnt/sdcard/nv_data_mod/unlock.

backup your current files as well:
/data/radio/nv_data.bin.md5
/data/radio/nv_data.bin

good luck ;-)

ArcanaXVIII

Apr 28, 2010
Paris
those are the files from the original script which were backed up in /mnt/sdcard/nv_data_mod/factory.
the changed files can be found in /mnt/sdcard/nv_data_mod/unlock.

backup your current files as well:
/data/radio/nv_data.bin.md5
/data/radio/nv_data.bin

good luck ;-)

So you confirm your script is working for you without the data drop on a GSM GN?

If so, I'll give it a try. ^^

gaglax

Jan 22, 2011
So you confirm your script is working for you without the data drop on a GSM GN?

If so, I'll give it a try. ^^

No it was just the original file from my locked (A1 sim lock) galaxy nexus phone.
I am not even sure if it will work for him.

I have the GSM/HSDPA drops as well, but I can use the phone only with the hack ;-/

ArcanaXVIII

Apr 28, 2010
Paris
No it was just the original file from my locked (A1 sim lock) galaxy nexus phone.
I am not even sure if it will work for him.

I have the GSM/HSDPA drops as well, but I can use the phone only with the hack ;-/

Applied the patch, for now it seems stable.

But then again, I have ****ty reception at home with my new carrier, so tomorrow will be the real test to see if I notice any drop.

ctkhaled

Oct 20, 2008
The hack works just fine. but after that, i have trouble with gsm and cdma conexion, randomly disconection, the phone says 'can't do a call when in aircraft mode'.
a fix will be awsome
thanks +++ donate ' else to bye a code' lol

gaglax

Jan 22, 2011
just to let you all know.

i obtained a unlock code and deactivated the sim lock and i still had the network drops regarding gsm and hsdpa.

so i flashed a new modem: XXKL1 from here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1444288

this seems to be stable so i am not sure if the instability is really caused by the hack.

narunas

Feb 8, 2012
I am in US, got Ireland vodafone locked GN last week.
did all the expected things -unlock boot loader, root, ClockworkRecovery, flashed several new images for radio, OS , etc..
no go - the dreaded screen is still up - curiously though - after paying several "unlock" providers - none of them even came through with the code, all had to refund.

Looks like the solutions at least is understood in this thread - will eagerly await for something that is confirmed functional.

-- or if will get desperate - will try the script - I don't like to get to windows for that.

Thanks in advance ya all!

aviv2001

Feb 9, 2012
please add information and describe in detail on what you want to do or the steps you already did.

after my nexus ask to "network sim pin code":
I do unlock bootloder,root and change to customer rom...after all this i use the script "Hack NV.zip"...and it still ask to "network sim pin code"..
sorry my bad English!

Tanks!

Oby One

Jul 15, 2009
Don't know what is doing, but works. But backup first EFS folder, factory ...
@sitajony - I didn't had cp command in my "nexus" shell, but managed with RootExplorer and rest of the code, thanks.

The cp not found error can be solved by installing busybox.
That did it for me!

Thanks...the fix worked fine on my (previously) locked vodafone nexus galaxy.
yeey :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock your Galaxy Nexus whenever your want :)

Hello, I've bought my Galaxy Nexus on december, 2 weeks later I've finaly found how unlock my phone :) I live in france and here we've to buy code and it's very expensive...
    "I've made" a Batch script running only on Windows OS but we can see that is a Shell code... (In fact this come from a website in japanese without help and no choice so I've created this batch script)
    After downloading, edit it and press CTRL+H then type in first field this:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools\adb.exe" and type the ADB path on your PC on the second field. (Keep this if it's the same path)
    PRESS CTRL+S and run it...
    The first question is:
    Restore? (Answers: oui=yes, non=no)
    Type "yes" only if you've already tried to unlock and it didn't work...
    Finaly wait few minutes and in the last question, you'll can directly reboot your phone without touching your phone :D

Please tell me if there're problems or if you want ask me some questions...
    Good luck!

did you execute a full wipe, factory reset, davlik cache, ..?
    attached you will find my original files.
    help!!

why is not work?!?
    plz help me!!
    Since there havent been much more discussion going on and ive recently gotten a simlocked nexus myself, I decided to try out this "hack" and I got the same issue as most with network calls dropping and data dropping and swapping over to roaming and just going nuts.

I decided to try out another modem so I flashed XXKL1 from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1444288 and it has just been working flawlessy for two days now and I also pushed it alot with having webradio streaming nonstop and surfing the web, making calls etc and it didnt drop once and the following day when I was out working passing by different cellstations etc I had the same experience as home.. NO DROPS, so this modem will also help users running old vanilla firmware etc. I think the kernel can screw it up a bit aswell since I saw some posts about ppl still having issues about it (with XXKL1) but that was with custom kernels instead of the one supplied from each rom.

I havent tried many roms as I went through quite some posts before I decided on one and I chosed Pauls 4.04 (from modaco http://android.modaco.com/topic/351...a-gsm-modaco-custom-rom-for-the-galaxy-nexus/) since it didnt had too much overclock and modified kernel bull**** which otherwise makes your phone unstable and messy and just creates other problems which takes time to find out where it comes from.

So for me I used the Galaxy Nexus toolkit to unlock and root phone, then I used the patch from this thread and after that I flashed Pauls Ir11 Beta 2 4.04 rom + XXKL1 baseband modem which has been working flawlessy. Always remember to clear data/system/cache and dalvik cache if you are coming from another rom/kernel to avoid strange issues and stay away from wierd kernels unless you wanna risk it ofc then go ahead and have a messy phone :)
    I purchased an unlocked GSM phone and used WugFresh's toolkit to unlock it and reflash with yakju. Before doing this the phone worked fine with my SIM card. Afterthe process I got "SIM network unlock PIN"

I am seeing a lot of stuff in this thread and after this failure I don't want to do more to my phone than is needed to get it to work.

What do I need to do at this point to get my phone to use the SIM and have a stock Google Image.

You help is appreciated.

Just type your purchased unlock code that you already bought.