[solved] usb unplug no deep sleep figured out

Search This thread

ultravorx

Jul 21, 2010
This morning i ran a quick test on the deep sleep issue some of us are having.

If you unplug the usb charger from the phone with the screen off. It will not go into deep sleep.

However, if you turn the phone on, then unplug the usb charger from the phone it will go into deep sleep.

I tried this combo multiple times and it worked for me everytime.

Granted it not the true rootcause of the issue, but its a very easy workaround.

Frank

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
In a quick test with the OC kernel, this may just be true!

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App

EvoXOhio

Mar 23, 2011
nice find! i will confirm this later with mine. thinking back, when i unplug from my car charger i do turn the screen off first, so this is promising.

Nicarsu

Feb 19, 2012
Mine has inexplicably and periodically failing to go into deep sleep, which is fixed by a restart, so this is interesting to me. I think there may be more than one trigger. I unplugged mine from the charger this morning with the screen on and afterward it wouldn't go into deep sleep. I don't know, however, if it had started doing that prior.

ultravorx

Jul 21, 2010
update

Well, I tried out this method again this morning. Turning on the screen, unlocking it before unplugging it, and reset the cpu spy.

It is going into deep sleep!!

I don't know why turning the screen makes it deep sleep, but it seems like a a clue the devs can use to figure this out!

Frank

jpeg42

Jul 22, 2010
Oregon
Thanks OP! Ran a charge via USB to a dock (that always voided deep sleep in the past), charged to 100% last night. This morning turned on the screen before unplugging, and BAM, deep sleep! Great find!

Edit: Stock ROM with Da_G OC kernel

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Someone please explain deep sleep to me and its benefits.

Deep sleep relates to the SPU State when the screen is off. The issue we are seeing is the CPU would run at 192 to 384 instead of Deep Sleep. This makes a considerable difference for Battery Life. CPU Spy is an app that can monitor.

No Deep Sleep 14 hours of battery life
Deep Sleep 22 hours of battery life

Hope this helps.

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
Well as it seems the ones that made those mods have fell off the note, no words or fix updates from no one, and thus it begins

Big Dogg Infuse I997 ZeusB5 ICS!

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
What do you mean?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA App

Well for one Da_G, haven't heard from him since just after putting up release, let alone he said he was Also working on a CWM yet someone else pushed one out first and still no update on his.... J/S. Most considerate people give some type of info that their alive, ect regardless if their working on it or not.
Just saying I'd hate to see development on this device not pick up and die so soon and have little like the infuse did. I know there's alot to wait for at first but common courtesy goes alot further

Earthdog

Mar 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I would'nt worry about Da_G and TwoChimp both have been around lurking on the IRC. Everyone is waiting on the stable CWM. The Alpha is out and has a few minor bugs. Once they get addressed in the next few days there are at least 4 Devs working on ROM's right now.

Just give it a little more time it takes time when they are doing it for free or beer money.

Reactions: slaydog

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
I would'nt worry about Da_G and TwoChimp both have been around lurking on the IRC. Everyone is waiting on the stable CWM. The Alpha is out and has a few minor bugs. Once they get addressed in the next few days there are at least 4 Devs working on ROM's right now.

Just give it a little more time it takes time when they are doing it for free or beer money.

I completely understand and Hope so, this seem to be an awesome new device that Should go far. Can't wait for my upgrade

techntrek

Oct 29, 2007
MD
Same here, I tested this morning using my car charger which has always prevented deep sleep. Turned the screen on (didn't unlock), and unplugged. Reset CPU Spy and went in to work. Checked it 15 minutes later - no sleep.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This morning i ran a quick test on the deep sleep issue some of us are having.

If you unplug the usb charger from the phone with the screen off. It will not go into deep sleep.

However, if you turn the phone on, then unplug the usb charger from the phone it will go into deep sleep.

I tried this combo multiple times and it worked for me everytime.

Granted it not the true rootcause of the issue, but its a very easy workaround.

Frank

Someone please explain deep sleep to me and its benefits.

Deep sleep relates to the SPU State when the screen is off. The issue we are seeing is the CPU would run at 192 to 384 instead of Deep Sleep. This makes a considerable difference for Battery Life. CPU Spy is an app that can monitor.

No Deep Sleep 14 hours of battery life
    Deep Sleep 22 hours of battery life

Hope this helps.