[ROM] PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 upgrade for the SE XPERIA X1 [26 NOV 09 | SEX1 R5.07]

Search This thread

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
This ROM paves the way for SEX1toX2 :rolleyes:

Windows Mobile 6.5.0 PURE upgrade
for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

[SEX1 Release 5 R5.07]
(unnofficial, of course, but as close as possible :D)​

STATUS: "Pure" WM6.5 ROM upgrade UP and OK - no bugs | For a Godspeed "Barebone" version of this ROM go here

DESCRIPTION
  • Current Version SEX1-R5.07 Pure Upgrade release date: 26 NOV 09
    (Previous version SEX1-R5.04 Pure, released 24 NOV 09 had bugs due to incomplete system files)
  • This is a PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 OS/firmware ROM upgrade for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, which means no Manila shizz, no wierd customizations, no nothing: just the OS upgrade and the pure XPERIA feeling :)

WHAT'S INSIDE
  • Operating System upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to 6.5
  • Preserved all XPERIA X1 native contents, apps & customizations
  • Updated software for XPERIA Camera with autoflash/geotag & MS .NET 3.5 Compact Frameworks
  • Removed obsolete or non-WM6.5-compatible stuff as Google search, Google Panel, trial games, demo videos & a couple of big wav files
  • Some pre-installed goodies: SEX1 "TF3D apps compatibility" drivers pack, XPERIA X2 Flash deployment, tnyynt's SD tuneUp, MS SDK certificates, Security unlock for registry editing & CAB installs
  • Eye candy: A custom XPERIA X2-based theme

2mmgs1v.jpg

jt9jj8.jpg

- WM 6.5 for the XPERIA X1 (unnofficial of course, but as close as possible) -

t6yqub.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES
  • Scroll down to next post to find bug fixes, should bugs arise
  • As always, feel free to modify/edit/recook/copy/share/burn/whatever all of my works ;)
  • Many customization packs and enhancements will soon be available for download @ next post
  • If you need support, remember I am not a clairvoyant :D so please give as much info as possible
  • Don't be shy to post (but SEARCH and READ before posting !!), just be respectful, don't flame, share and have fun
  • Finally, if you like my works, just come back and say "thanks". It is much appreciated

DOWNLOADS

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
wow... so many people has contributed to this ROM I don't know where to start !!
  • Bengalboy for the XPERIA inspiration and imagining the "SEX1" acronym
  • olipro / cmonex for opening the doors, bepe / ervius / bot / MrVanx for the tools and apps
  • Da_G, joojoobee, but especially jerpelea, who struggles to keep up the "SHARE" spirit alive on this forum
  • All of my friends and fans in the forum, who pushed me to release a new, updated version
  • Anybody else to whom I owe a piece of this work (tnyynt, ethermind, ultrashot, ganondolf... so many !!)

FOR SUPPORT / MANY APPS & ADD ONS --> go to post 2

FOR KITCHEN download / INFO for cookers / TUTORIALS --> go to post 3

:cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: mirox1

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
BUG FIXING SUPPORT​
  • Voice Command is included, but disabled by default. To enable it, download and install THIS CAB. This will enable the bluetooth audio gateway too (thanks to a1234567 for posting the registry settings)
  • Common WM6.5 glitches: a) Tapping taskbar battery icon does nothing b) scrolling dialer with keypad hidden causes display corruption

APPS AND ADD-ONS CENTRE​
  • NON-ENGLISH HARDWARE KEYBOARD ?? Change the HK language layout --> LINK (thanks to jcespi2005)
  • WANT TO ADD HTC APPs like YouTube, MP3 trimmer, Volume Control, Comm Manager, FM Radio, Voice Recording, plus MANY apps tested for Windows Mobile 6.5 ?? Check this out --> LINK

Last edited:

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
wazaaaaaap !! :D :p :rolleyes:

SHARE CENTRE

KITCHEN

CONTENTS DESCRIPTION
  • XIP|SYS: 21874 from a clean port (non-Manila source)
  • OEM|EXT: XPERIA X1 WWE UK R3 dump
  • PagePool set to 12 MB
  • Added Packages: \OEM\..\Kovsky_CAB_ActiveXFlash, \EXT\..\SEX1_Security-Unlock_(SDK-CAB-REG), SEX1_SDtuneUP, SEX1_TF3D_Compatibility
  • Upgraded Packages: \OEM\..\Kovsky_Camera_1_0_20090302_MR2_R27, \SYS\..\NetCF3.5
  • Dummy Packages: \SYS\..\SQM & FWUpdate
  • Removed Packages: \OEM\..\Bejeweled & Sudoku trialware games, Google panel & Google search for WM6.1

MY COOKING LOG
  • Removed Files: \OEM\ExtendedPkg\ Videos (Bond 007 trailer, demo videos) & big wavs (Adventure.wav, Dreamland.wav, Sunrise.wav)
  • Removed Provxmls: \OEM\OEMdrivers\mxipupdate_Remove_TouchFLO.provxml & mxipupdate_zzRemoveTSKmgr_1.provxml (to enable shortcuts)
  • Edited Provxmls: \OEM\OperatorPkg\mxipupdate_operator_100.provxml (startup timezone), ..\OEM\ExtendedPkg\fileoperations.xml (deleted links to removed files) & panelconfig.xml (arrange panels)
  • Edited Version texts: \OEM\..\BuildInfoPkg\AAInfo.txt, ..\ExtendedPkg\custinfo.txt & ..\OEMVersion\-.RGU (Customized version info)
  • Edited Config texts: \OEM\..\ConfigAP\config_AP.txt, ..\ConfigAP\config_AP.txt (CABs autorun), \OEM\..\OperatorPkg\config_operator.txt (reg hacks & theme autorun)

A MASTER CHEFF'S SUPER LINKS
  • Da_G's thread with latest builds, language changing tutorial and many, many other tutorials; everything required to become a master cheff is here
  • My little tutorial with all of my previous kitchens and personal tips and tricks

HOW TO CHANGE THE LANGUAGE OF THE KITCHEN:
  • Get a a ROM in your language (let's say german: Deutsch R3A, or Austrian R3A, whatever)
  • Use the "dump nbh" button: a new folder "dump" will be created
  • Inside new "dump" folder you will find new OEM and EXT folders: replace current OEM and EXT folders with the dumped ones
  • ...or import OEM & EXT folders from another Visual Kitchen already in your desired language
  • Now let's change the XIP|SYS language
  • SYS: Get *LANG_0xxx* folders for your language and add or replace them in \SYS\
  • XIP: Make sure "boot.rgu" matches your desired language, or edit it and search for the 2 LANG strings and change accordingly (eg.: spanish 0c0a instead of english 0409)

HOW TO CHANGE THE XIP|SYS BUILD:
  • XIP: Add or replace the new build XIP folder (MSXIPKernel) in \ROM\SHARED\ then rename \ROM\kovsky\21874\ to ROM\kovsky\*your new build number*\
  • SYS: Add or replace the new build SYS folder into \SYS\

Easy, ain't ?? :)

Last edited:

vmiguel

Feb 8, 2006
Lisbon, Portugal
gtrab, great to see a new PURE rom!!!

Been following the X2 dump thread, and waiting for a rom with that content. Thanks!

Will flash after my X1 comes back from repair service (yes, another crack...).

Dragonflysendr@X1

Aug 7, 2009
Zagreb
smooth, fastest ever i use, inst spb,X2 dialer,etc...etc... i don't use X2 panel
bkz not usual for me, but look awesome and nice...very stabile :D :D

woxydator

May 19, 2008
Barebone

It's my birthday today and I'm really excited to see your new work just today. I'd like to ask if the barebone version also will be available? PLEASE, SAY YES.

armanqd

May 17, 2009
hello
its my first post in xda
i have som problem whit x1 dialer in all winmo 6.5 roms
when i scroll in contact list or call history in dialer the names i hilight will corupted

gtrab can you upload kitchen for us to remove x1 dialer from oem pack
i think winmo original phone dialer work perfectly

disablewong

Apr 19, 2009
thx for ur great job gtrab~
i'm still using SEX1 R3 and waiting for your new work for long~
I must try it asap!
thanks again!

gtrab

Aug 10, 2007
America
This is my first public ROM in a while, please report if there are any problems or bugs

Yes I will upload the kitchen for you to play and cook your own ROMs

This ROM has a symilar build to my XPERIA X2, I want to use it as a bse to start making an X2 ROM, but this one is PURE: only the theme has X2 influences

Even being pure, I managed to streamline contents and memory use, it is smaller than official ROMs and *should* be faster

Again: please don't be shy to report any problems or bugs

I am making screencaps right now, BRB

daff88

Jan 25, 2008
install-instructions?

Hello gtrab,

since I did my last ROM-flash with a (modified) ROM a quite long time ago (with a XDA neo 1-2 years ago) it would be nice if you could give some instructions how I get this ROM running on my X1.
In another post about an older ROM (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=509891&highlight=HardSPL) you gave these instructions:

1. Don't be affraid to flash: it's very easy once you spend a couple of minutes reading the sticky threads
2. Avoid being the proud owner of an expensive brick: flash Hard-SPL first before flashing any custom (cooked) ROM
3. Pick your choice, download it, use WinRAR to unzip the firmware (ROM) upgrade file "kovsimg.nbh"
4. Flash it to the phone's ROM memory with USB PC method (RUU app) or SD card method

Is this the preferred way or are there any other things I need to observe?

greets from germany
daff

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Also Having the same issue trying to update... it jus hooks @ 0% n shows an error then takes me to recovery mode, done this several times but no luck... Any one wit a bright idea pls?
    This ROM paves the way for SEX1toX2 :rolleyes:

Windows Mobile 6.5.0 PURE upgrade
    for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1

[SEX1 Release 5 R5.07]
    (unnofficial, of course, but as close as possible :D)​

STATUS: "Pure" WM6.5 ROM upgrade UP and OK - no bugs | For a Godspeed "Barebone" version of this ROM go here

DESCRIPTION
    • Current Version SEX1-R5.07 Pure Upgrade release date: 26 NOV 09
      (Previous version SEX1-R5.04 Pure, released 24 NOV 09 had bugs due to incomplete system files)
    • This is a PURE Windows Mobile 6.5 OS/firmware ROM upgrade for the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1, which means no Manila shizz, no wierd customizations, no nothing: just the OS upgrade and the pure XPERIA feeling :)

WHAT'S INSIDE
    • Operating System upgraded from Windows Mobile 6.1 to 6.5
    • Preserved all XPERIA X1 native contents, apps & customizations
    • Updated software for XPERIA Camera with autoflash/geotag & MS .NET 3.5 Compact Frameworks
    • Removed obsolete or non-WM6.5-compatible stuff as Google search, Google Panel, trial games, demo videos & a couple of big wav files
    • Some pre-installed goodies: SEX1 "TF3D apps compatibility" drivers pack, XPERIA X2 Flash deployment, tnyynt's SD tuneUp, MS SDK certificates, Security unlock for registry editing & CAB installs
    • Eye candy: A custom XPERIA X2-based theme

2mmgs1v.jpg

jt9jj8.jpg

- WM 6.5 for the XPERIA X1 (unnofficial of course, but as close as possible) -

t6yqub.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES
    • Scroll down to next post to find bug fixes, should bugs arise
    • As always, feel free to modify/edit/recook/copy/share/burn/whatever all of my works ;)
    • Many customization packs and enhancements will soon be available for download @ next post
    • If you need support, remember I am not a clairvoyant :D so please give as much info as possible
    • Don't be shy to post (but SEARCH and READ before posting !!), just be respectful, don't flame, share and have fun
    • Finally, if you like my works, just come back and say "thanks". It is much appreciated

DOWNLOADS

ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
    wow... so many people has contributed to this ROM I don't know where to start !!
    • Bengalboy for the XPERIA inspiration and imagining the "SEX1" acronym
    • olipro / cmonex for opening the doors, bepe / ervius / bot / MrVanx for the tools and apps
    • Da_G, joojoobee, but especially jerpelea, who struggles to keep up the "SHARE" spirit alive on this forum
    • All of my friends and fans in the forum, who pushed me to release a new, updated version
    • Anybody else to whom I owe a piece of this work (tnyynt, ethermind, ultrashot, ganondolf... so many !!)

FOR SUPPORT / MANY APPS & ADD ONS --> go to post 2

FOR KITCHEN download / INFO for cookers / TUTORIALS --> go to post 3

Guys I recently bought Xperia X1, but it stays in the sony logo, does not boot, I need the rom for installation. All downloads no longer work. Please.
    I will check if I have the ROM later today
    I was digging through some old hard drives and came across some old stuff related to my Xperia X1 days. A copy of the Pure SEX1 6.5 ROM was in there. I've uploaded it to Google Drive for anyone who still needs it.

I flashed it to my old X1 and it works perfectly.