[EMULATOR] NeoDroid 2.0 : NeoGeo emulator frontend for android

Search This thread

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi,

Here is a public release of my NeoGeo emulator frontend compatible with GnGeoLibs for android! You'll find attached the full apk for free, but you can buy it from the market if you like my work and want to support me :)

Here is the market link and description : https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.mydedibox.neodroid

- Download and install neodroid apk AND gngeolibs apk
- Put bios archive (neogeo.zip) inside your roms directory
- Put roms anywhere but in the same directory as your bios file (neogeo.zip)
- Compatible with mame roms format (from "www.rom-world.com" for example)
- Run at full speed on 1GHZ+ devices
- Compatibility should be the same as the GnGeo version 0.8 emulator

GnGeoLibs is based on GnGeo by Mathieu Peponas : http://gngeo.berlios.de/
GnGeoLibs, like GnGeo, is released under the GNU GPLv2 licence: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0-standalone.html and source code can be requested by pm.
GnGeoLibs use the 68k core from the generator project by James Ponder.
GnGeoLibs use Cyclone 680x0 core by fDave, Reesy & Notaz.
GnGeoLibs use DrZ80 core from Reesy & Flubba.
GnGeoLibs use YM2610 Mame core by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
NeoDroid do not contains any roms and you MUST own the original game before downloading some.
NeoGeo is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.

libgngeo 1.2 : Download

neodroid 2.0 : Download

=====
- Fix force close on ICS devices
- Updated to latest gngeo sources ( rev. 6ad2a3d1bba3 )

====
- Fix library download problem on froyo devices

===================
- Splitted in two package: neodroid and gngeolibs (if gngeolibs is not present when running NeoDroid, it will redirect to the market link)
- Added save/load state support (with a little bug: it seems that sometime the music is not properly restored in ram)
- Added a compatibility list with roms links search (search button)
- A sound problem should be fixed, the emulator "should" not hang anymore on the NeoGeo logo when loading multiples roms
- No restart on exit emulation anymore, exiting the emulation will bring back to the rom selection list
- Should again fix a problem with the screen aspect ratio (ex. Garou Mark of the Wolves)
- Added progress bar on roms loading
- Problem when using "home" system spotted : be sure to have the bios file "aes-bios.bin" in your neogeo.zip file (still not working very great)
- Added z80 and 68k overlock in preferences (improve neogeo framerate on games like metal slug)
- Fix child roms not working (metal slug 4 plus, Puzzle De Pon! R!)
- Emulation will now pause when in-game menu is showing
- Custom application theme
- Add screenshot preview when touching a rom icon

================
- fix Breakers Revenge (breakrev.zip) not added to compatibility list
- fix some wrong aspect ratio

=====
- fix a bug preventing the use of "uni-bios.rom" bios system.
- fix "menu" button blinking when using hardware controller.
- improve controls code again, this also improve famerate.
- prevent launching of incompatible roms (based on roms names).
- TODO: save/load states in the work!

=====
- Finally, a major problem is fixed in the new rendering code, which should prevent a crash on a large number of devices, but also improve speed. Thanks for all the reports!

======
- Add the possibility to enable/disable arm asm specific cores (now disabled by default for better compatibility)
- Transparency now also applied to analog stick
- On screen controller can be analog or digital (preferences screen)
- Vibrations can now be disabled (preferences screen)
- Add the possibility to assign the BACK hardware button (should fix xperia play problem)
- Roms compatibility list and screenshots almost done
- Add more information to crash report

=======
- added bug report by mail, please use the "mail" icon to report crash (restart the application if needed)
- begin to add compatibility list to browsed roms (default color = working, yellow = problem, red = non working)
- begin to add screenshot previews icons

========
- new and improved on screen controls
- new effects engine (press back in game to bring the menu)
- added 3 new scale mode : original, fit screen, full screen (press back in game to bring the menu)
- improved speed up to 100% on large screen when using the new effect engine (from 30 to 60 fps on galaxy note)
- added hardware buttons mapping in preferences, should work with xperia play and more (need testing and reports)

Last edited:

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Me too :p

Controls are done. It seems to me that i did the best on it but well it will never be like a real controler. Ill add a little gui then were good for a release which should come very soon!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using XDA App

Reactions: Pithism

Melchizedeck

Dec 26, 2011
Lille
Hi,
First, you did a great job, thank you !

I've installed it, and when i select a rom it close instantly.
I will try with other roms and bios.

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
Hi,
First, you did a great job, thank you !

I've installed it, and when i select a rom it close instantly.
I will try with other roms and bios.

Hi Melchizedeck,

you should try neogeo bios and roms from rom-world.com (but not the neogeo ones, the mame ones). I'll try to add debug output on rom loading for next release.

Last edited:
Reactions: Melchizedeck

mauaus

Oct 22, 2010
No idea how to set it up, i try to load a rom and it just flashes a screen with the controls for a sec and its back to the rom list :(
I already have the bios in the same dir as roms

Reactions: sidnei55

mauaus

Oct 22, 2010
no idea what im doing wrong... too late for a refund... please help me!
My roms are zipped and detected, they work fine on pspgo and neorage

Cpasjuste

Jun 8, 2007
No problem for a refund mauaus, just send me your order number.

I did try mslugx.zip and ssideki.zip and both worked here. You should (if you have the time) download neogeo.zip from rom world and mslugx.zip from there too to be sure (the mame version one).

Can i also ask what is your device?

no idea what im doing wrong... too late for a refund... please help me!
My roms are zipped and detected, they work fine on pspgo and neorage

Reactions: mauaus

mauaus

Oct 22, 2010
I reeaaaally would rather get it working im sure im doing something stupid on my end ill try downloading from rom world :D\

Edit: Thanks a lot!! Got it working. Do you by any chance have an idea of how to fix the graphic glitches on the SS series?

Last edited:

Melchizedeck

Dec 26, 2011
Lille
Hi, after downloading the rom from rom world (the mame version), i got it working.

Thanks for the tips !

Envoyé depuis mon I9000 utilisant Tapatalk

C

chib1panda

Where did you get the bios file. Thats all that im missing.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA App

fuuma

Aug 9, 2008
Hi thanks realy for your good emulator, but please for the next release version can u make a XPERIA PLAY compatibility and key config possibility???

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,

Here is a public release of my NeoGeo emulator frontend compatible with GnGeoLibs for android! You'll find attached the full apk for free, but you can buy it from the market if you like my work and want to support me :)

Here is the market link and description : https://market.android.com/details?id=fr.mydedibox.neodroid

- Download and install neodroid apk AND gngeolibs apk
    - Put bios archive (neogeo.zip) inside your roms directory
    - Put roms anywhere but in the same directory as your bios file (neogeo.zip)
    - Compatible with mame roms format (from "www.rom-world.com" for example)
    - Run at full speed on 1GHZ+ devices
    - Compatibility should be the same as the GnGeo version 0.8 emulator

GnGeoLibs is based on GnGeo by Mathieu Peponas : http://gngeo.berlios.de/
    GnGeoLibs, like GnGeo, is released under the GNU GPLv2 licence: http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0-standalone.html and source code can be requested by pm.
    GnGeoLibs use the 68k core from the generator project by James Ponder.
    GnGeoLibs use Cyclone 680x0 core by fDave, Reesy & Notaz.
    GnGeoLibs use DrZ80 core from Reesy & Flubba.
    GnGeoLibs use YM2610 Mame core by Tatsuyuki Satoh.
    NeoDroid do not contains any roms and you MUST own the original game before downloading some.
    NeoGeo is a registered trademark of SNK PLAYMORE CORPORATION.

libgngeo 1.2 : Download

neodroid 2.0 : Download

=====
    - Fix force close on ICS devices
    - Updated to latest gngeo sources ( rev. 6ad2a3d1bba3 )

====
    - Fix library download problem on froyo devices

===================
    - Splitted in two package: neodroid and gngeolibs (if gngeolibs is not present when running NeoDroid, it will redirect to the market link)
    - Added save/load state support (with a little bug: it seems that sometime the music is not properly restored in ram)
    - Added a compatibility list with roms links search (search button)
    - A sound problem should be fixed, the emulator "should" not hang anymore on the NeoGeo logo when loading multiples roms
    - No restart on exit emulation anymore, exiting the emulation will bring back to the rom selection list
    - Should again fix a problem with the screen aspect ratio (ex. Garou Mark of the Wolves)
    - Added progress bar on roms loading
    - Problem when using "home" system spotted : be sure to have the bios file "aes-bios.bin" in your neogeo.zip file (still not working very great)
    - Added z80 and 68k overlock in preferences (improve neogeo framerate on games like metal slug)
    - Fix child roms not working (metal slug 4 plus, Puzzle De Pon! R!)
    - Emulation will now pause when in-game menu is showing
    - Custom application theme
    - Add screenshot preview when touching a rom icon

================
    - fix Breakers Revenge (breakrev.zip) not added to compatibility list
    - fix some wrong aspect ratio

=====
    - fix a bug preventing the use of "uni-bios.rom" bios system.
    - fix "menu" button blinking when using hardware controller.
    - improve controls code again, this also improve famerate.
    - prevent launching of incompatible roms (based on roms names).
    - TODO: save/load states in the work!

=====
    - Finally, a major problem is fixed in the new rendering code, which should prevent a crash on a large number of devices, but also improve speed. Thanks for all the reports!

======
    - Add the possibility to enable/disable arm asm specific cores (now disabled by default for better compatibility)
    - Transparency now also applied to analog stick
    - On screen controller can be analog or digital (preferences screen)
    - Vibrations can now be disabled (preferences screen)
    - Add the possibility to assign the BACK hardware button (should fix xperia play problem)
    - Roms compatibility list and screenshots almost done
    - Add more information to crash report

=======
    - added bug report by mail, please use the "mail" icon to report crash (restart the application if needed)
    - begin to add compatibility list to browsed roms (default color = working, yellow = problem, red = non working)
    - begin to add screenshot previews icons

========
    - new and improved on screen controls
    - new effects engine (press back in game to bring the menu)
    - added 3 new scale mode : original, fit screen, full screen (press back in game to bring the menu)
    - improved speed up to 100% on large screen when using the new effect engine (from 30 to 60 fps on galaxy note)
    - added hardware buttons mapping in preferences, should work with xperia play and more (need testing and reports)
    Hi, i'm really sorry for the delay. I did manage to find the time to upload and update the first post with the newest available version, which should solve some issues with ICS and Jelly bean devices.

Thanks for the support :)
    Hi!

Sorry, i had a baby in the meantime, but I should be back at work soon!

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda app-developers app
    Hi,

Yes :)

So using root explorer I extracted the neogeo folder placed the aes.BioBin in the folder and the rezipped all
    All the files and it recreated the neogeo.zip which............... Still did the same thing. I think I'm about to just take my losses on this one
    Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda premium

here's the neogeo.zip .. just place it in the folder where your roms are. also if it doesn't work try with different roms from other websites the emuparadise.org is the best but you are not limited there so many others.. thats the one i created myself please try it. and let me know.. hey never give up when you trying something at least get close to figure it out. you should be fine. good luck!