[Q] xperia play best custom roms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

NevErSn0w

Sep 27, 2012
what is the best custom rom and kernel for the xperia play, i have the r800i and it has unlocked bootloader

sangbubu

Aug 26, 2012
Kota Bharu
Xperia NXT 1.3 and DooMKernel or LuPuS GB

/==(CyberScopes)==\

The 720 p videos which is played fine in stock rom, cannot be played in this rom. Only certain videos can be played. Do I need to install codec or something?

When I tried to to run PSStore, it said its need to be updated. And when I update it, it said could not be download

Gianmark

Jan 29, 2013
I bought my Xperia Play for gaming, so I'm searching a ROM that improves hardware performance.
Yesterday I installed my first custom ROM, a ICS ROM. It's really cool but ICS slows down games and emulators.
What is the best gaming ROM?
I looked the GB ROMs linked by Mayorse (NXT and Gin2JellyBean), what do you recommend?

malsog

Sep 16, 2012
Rheinfelden

^I'm_With_Stupid

Apr 2, 2013
The best custom rom for overall usability and features is the pacman rom :cowboy:

The best custom rom for a hybrid of speed, stability and features is gin2jelly :angel:

The best custom rom for speed is COLA :cool:

chrisean26

Apr 3, 2013
Las Piñas
ROM?

I'm not sure if you're interested anymore about this question, judging from your post date, but I'll try to help anyway.or if anyone else is curious.

If you're looking for the best game play features your device has to offer with full touchpad support, go for a gingerbread based ROM. The roms below work great for emulators as well as other downloadable games like GTA and are super stable and fast.

Xperia NXT Light Edition & Xperia NXT 1.3 (Hard core gamers)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1649368

or

Gin2JellyBean
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1631144

If you care more about having the latest Jellbean features with less emphasis on gaming than these JB based roms are excellent. Touchpad support is a problem, but emulators work fine and most downloable games run at a decent pace. Stability and speed can sometimes be an issue, but this is rarely an issue.

KXP for PLAY (On screen navigation buttons are superb!!!)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1852529

P.A.C Man-PA. AOKP,CM&MIUI (combination of many great roms)
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1952220

Hopefully this post will help someone out :fingers-crossed:

Sir may i ask question? is this compatible to my r800i and support touchpad?? i am new here and i am talking about in light NXT

Mite000

Apr 30, 2013
I've been experimenting with Xperia Play roms and kernals for the last week or so and this is my experience.

I first tried to just install the Lupus kernal for a stock gingerbread 2.3.4 rom. It allowed me to overclock to 1900mhz, but I felt like the the fluidity was still being held back a bit by being on gingerbread, plus I was running out of storage space and I remembered that custom roms can often help with that.

I then decided to jump to a 4.1.2 Jellybean rom with a Lupus kernal that allowed me to overclock to 1600mhz. I loved this rom, and even after I installed everything I could think to install I still had about 400mb of internal storage left. The only issue, which I predicted, would be that the phone just couldn't properly keep up with Jellybean, even under the best circumstances. It would be laggy, and certain games and emulators would jerk around and I would die because of it.

So finally I decided to install Cyanogenmod 7.2 because I read good things about it, and sure enough its been doing me wonders. It comes with its own kernal that allows you to overclock to 1600mhz as well, plenty of extra space, and I would go as far as to say that it's at a near "Apple" level of fluidity. There's only two issues I discovered with this rom, both of which were solved easily enough. The first is that it doesn't come with the ability to disable to auto-brightness, but this was solved by downloading an xperia app on the market designed the correct this. The second is that the circle button on the gamepad doesn't allow you to map anything to it, and always acts as the back button. This can be corrected by editing the keypad file in the settings, and then you're off to the races.

All in all from everything I've done and researched, I would say that CM 7.2 is the best overall rom for the Xperia Play when it comes to a balance of features and performance. If you need help setting up anything I mentioned, let me know :)

Dany XP

Oct 30, 2011
Milano
Very simple:
GB> NXT ROM 1.3 (1.4 is coming)
ICS> Hybrid Rom or u can try a STOCK SONY ICS XPERIA 2011 rom...
JB> Wel,, since there's still the touchpad problem, i didn't try many jb roms...

abdel12345

Dec 25, 2012
I've been experimenting with Xperia Play roms and kernals for the last week or so and this is my experience.

I first tried to just install the Lupus kernal for a stock gingerbread 2.3.4 rom. It allowed me to overclock to 1900mhz, but I felt like the the fluidity was still being held back a bit by being on gingerbread, plus I was running out of storage space and I remembered that custom roms can often help with that.

I then decided to jump to a 4.1.2 Jellybean rom with a Lupus kernal that allowed me to overclock to 1600mhz. I loved this rom, and even after I installed everything I could think to install I still had about 400mb of internal storage left. The only issue, which I predicted, would be that the phone just couldn't properly keep up with Jellybean, even under the best circumstances. It would be laggy, and certain games and emulators would jerk around and I would die because of it.

So finally I decided to install Cyanogenmod 7.2 because I read good things about it, and sure enough its been doing me wonders. It comes with its own kernal that allows you to overclock to 1600mhz as well, plenty of extra space, and I would go as far as to say that it's at a near "Apple" level of fluidity. There's only two issues I discovered with this rom, both of which were solved easily enough. The first is that it doesn't come with the ability to disable to auto-brightness, but this was solved by downloading an xperia app on the market designed the correct this. The second is that the circle button on the gamepad doesn't allow you to map anything to it, and always acts as the back button. This can be corrected by editing the keypad file in the settings, and then you're off to the races.

All in all from everything I've done and researched, I would say that CM 7.2 is the best overall rom for the Xperia Play when it comes to a balance of features and performance. If you need help setting up anything I mentioned, let me know :)

I would agree except no touchpads :(

Sent from my Xperia Play (r800x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts