Cases vs. QI Charging

Search This thread

Fastbird

Jun 28, 2012
Fort Wayne, IN
Ok, so I have my brand new G2. Looking at cases, but have to be cautious because I plan to pick up a QI charging pad very soon. How thick is too thick? This is a VZW phone by the way.

I'm looking at the two piece snap together cases on ebay like this: LINK

Reason being is I plan to cover the case in white 3M Di-Noc (carbon fiber pattern).

Thoughts? Recommendations on a thin hard case that covers all four corners and edges that won't block the inductive charging?

ffejy462

Jan 17, 2013
Ames
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9 Pro
Wife and I both have the Verizon G2 and we both have cases. I have the Incipio Feather and she has the Diztronic tpu case. Both phones charge just fine on two different qi chargers(Nokia dt-910 and LG wcp-300).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

Surfman423

Jan 3, 2012
Ok, so I have my brand new G2. Looking at cases, but have to be cautious because I plan to pick up a QI charging pad very soon. How thick is too thick? This is a VZW phone by the way.

I'm looking at the two piece snap together cases on ebay like this: LINK

Reason being is I plan to cover the case in white 3M Di-Noc (carbon fiber pattern).

Thoughts? Recommendations on a thin hard case that covers all four corners and edges that won't block the inductive charging?

I am very impressed with the fit and quality of the Puregear Case. Also if you enter Pure50 in the coupon code spot its 50% off bringing it to like $12.50 shipped. I wrapped the clear portion of mine with carbon vinyl as well.

http://www.pure-gear.com/slim-shell-case-for-lg-g2.html

Also for wireless charging I am very impressed with the Tylt Vu. Have them around my house for my G2, my Nexus 7 and my Droid Maxx. It works flawlessly on each of them and places them at an angle so you can see them. Hope that helps a little.

Ryoma1337

Jan 18, 2014
248 99862996

You don't have to worry about that case you linked as it seems it's pretty thin; judging from the back shot, it looks to be as thick as my Diztronic case and that charges fine with Qi chargers. With that said, the Diztronic is only like 10 bucks and it's a well-made case. Though, that ebay one is cheaper and it wouldn't hurt to try it out. I tend to change cases/screen protectors a lot until I find one that I like, and the money spent really isn't an issue for me as long as it makes me happy.

I heard somewhere that you have a few CM's on clearance for the Qi charging to work, and I doubt that a case would be that thick unless you got some Otterbox or something.

ktm137

Feb 25, 2013
I have the Incipio DualPro and wireless charging works fine on the Nokia DT-900 (picked up a few when they were on sale at AT&T).

zathus

Aug 25, 2009
I used the ballistic for a while (its really thick) and wireless charging worked fine.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk