Lost root + other problems after factory reset

Search This thread

SRCP

Oct 5, 2012
I factory reset my phone because I'm sending it for repairs (screen). I noticed that I lost root and 4G is not connecting. I received a text message so that and calls seem to work. What's going on? I'll try to re-root after I send it and get it back but it's just strange that 4G isn't working. Also, I'm afraid that the MF3 thing downloads, I had updates blocked with titanium back up (forgot what it is that I froze). Another thing, when the phone booted up after the f.reset it gave me this error about com.android.phone not responding. It now appears twice whenever the phone boots up after resetting or turning on.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

SRCP

Oct 5, 2012
Any clue? Also, I should have said I can't connect to any mobile network, not just 4g.

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I factory reset my phone because I'm sending it for repairs (screen). I noticed that I lost root and 4G is not connecting. I received a text message so that and calls seem to work. What's going on? I'll try to re-root after I send it and get it back but it's just strange that 4G isn't working. Also, I'm afraid that the MF3 thing downloads, I had updates blocked with titanium back up (forgot what it is that I froze). Another thing, when the phone booted up after the f.reset it gave me this error about com.android.phone not responding. It now appears twice whenever the phone boots up after resetting or turning on.

Thanks in advance

How did you do the factory reset? If you didn't do it with Odin I would suggest you do that. And then do a factory reset in the stock recovery. Also, you say your sending it in for repair. Are you sending it to Samsung? Because they are going to flash the latest firmware before they send it back so you'll get a device with mk2.

Sent from my Nexus 5

SRCP

Oct 5, 2012
How did you do the factory reset? If you didn't do it with Odin I would suggest you do that. And then do a factory reset in the stock recovery. Also, you say your sending it in for repair. Are you sending it to Samsung? Because they are going to flash the latest firmware before they send it back so you'll get a device with mk2.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Alright I'll try Odin. It was just a regular factory reset. And no, I'm not sending it to Samsung precisely because of what you mentioned.

Edit: Looks like Odin requires root. Also, I was able to fix the 4G problem by entering the APN information manually. Although I would like not to have to do that.

Maybe it's important that I mention that I did not have any custom Roms installed. Another thing to note is that I still have the old AOSP browser I had installed.

Thank you

Last edited:

torrentsoo

Feb 14, 2014
Alright I'll try Odin. It was just a regular factory reset. And no, I'm not sending it to Samsung precisely because of what you mentioned.

Edit: Looks like Odin requires root. Also, I was able to fix the 4G problem by entering the APN information manually. Although I would like not to have to do that.

Maybe it's important that I mention that I did not have any custom Roms installed. Another thing to note is that I still have the old AOSP browser I had installed.

Thank you

Odin is a program used on your comp to flash, it doesn't require roots, it's like a clean install.

SRCP

Oct 5, 2012
Almost had a heart attack today. The dreaded update downloaded and I thought I could postpone it indefinitely but it tried to install after I postponed it a few times. It failed, lol. I think my phone's current state won't allow it to install so I'm just going to wait until I get it back from the repair shop to do all the rooting stuff. Thanks for letting me that Odin doesn't require root, I'll do research on it as soon as I get my phone back.