[Q] update issue

Search This thread

dirtrider129

Jun 22, 2014
Hello all I am a noob getting into the game, I am trying to get my m7 to update with no luck. I have an AT&T branded One running on versio 1.26.502.15 . I have tried all the little tricks to get it to find them, but nadda. I have been reading into all the resets, RUUs, and OTAs and honestly I'm just more confused. From what I read about manually installing OTAs, I haven't been able to find the right one to upgrade my version. I just want to get up to date with Android and Sense. If anybody could just point me in the right direction I would be so thankful. If there's any other info needed I'll get it up here.

S_on
Hboot 1.44
Android v.1.26.502.15
Sense 5.0

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Hello all I am a noob getting into the game, I am trying to get my m7 to update with no luck. I have an AT&T branded One running on versio 1.26.502.15 . I have tried all the little tricks to get it to find them, but nadda. I have been reading into all the resets, RUUs, and OTAs and honestly I'm just more confused. From what I read about manually installing OTAs, I haven't been able to find the right one to upgrade my version. I just want to get up to date with Android and Sense. If anybody could just point me in the right direction I would be so thankful. If there's any other info needed I'll get it up here.

S_on
Hboot 1.44
Android v.1.26.502.15
Sense 5.0

1. do you have adb and fastboot installed on your computer? If yes, post the output of fastboot getvar all except the imei # and the serialno #
  2. at&t phone must be connected to the at&t network to receive ota update, are you on at&t?

manually installing ota update require s-off, your phone is currently s-on. good new is its "pretty easy" to s-off on hboot 1.44, ok maybe not that easy for a new user but you should be able to s-off if you need to by following revone s-off guide.

if you are not on at&t network:

easiest solution (imo):
unlock the bootloader (this void warranty)
flash twrp recovery 2.6.3.3
flash the guru reset rom 5.12.502.2

or

more complicated but better (imo):
unlock bootloader
root
s-off using revone
flash the latest ruu (4.18.502.7)
manually flash ota updates from 4.18.502.7 to 5.12.502.2

Reactions: dirtrider129

dirtrider129

Jun 22, 2014
update issue

Thank you for the info I don't have adb fastboot installed guess I'll need to start there, I am using the new cricket gsm network which if I'm correct uses AT&T towers but I guess that's why I was unable to get the updates because I'm not actually on AT&T. Will I still need to get s-off with the first solution or not ? Thanks again for the help, I'll get on it and let you know how it goes.

dirtrider129

Jun 22, 2014
Thank you for the info I don't have adb fastboot installed guess I'll need to start there, I am using the new cricket gsm network which if I'm correct uses AT&T towers but I guess that's why I was unable to get the updates because I'm not actually on AT&T. Will I still need to get s-off with the first solution or not ? Thanks again for the help, I'll get on it and let you know how it goes.

1. do you have adb and fastboot installed on your computer? If yes, post the output of fastboot getvar all except the imei # and the serialno #
  2. at&t phone must be connected to the at&t network to receive ota update, are you on at&t?

manually installing ota update require s-off, your phone is currently s-on. good new is its "pretty easy" to s-off on hboot 1.44, ok maybe not that easy for a new user but you should be able to s-off if you need to by following revone s-off guide.

easiest solution (imo):

or

unlock bootloader
root
s-off using revone

Could you tell me where to find the 5.12.502.2 reset Rom, I went to HTC guru and could not find it in the list, also what are your thoughts on the twrp 2.7, I read a few comments about it and seemed like people were having trouble with it on their One's, I wondered if it would be better to have the new version or if I should just stick with the other one. Thanks again for the help.

alray

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 22, 2012
Could you tell me where to find the 5.12.502.2 reset Rom, I went to HTC guru and could not find it in the list, also what are your thoughts on the twrp 2.7, I read a few comments about it and seemed like people were having trouble with it on their One's, I wondered if it would be better to have the new version or if I should just stick with the other one. Thanks again for the help.

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_5-12-502-2_clsa-zip/

better to stick with 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 unless you want to experiment. there is a charging bug with 2.7.0.0 and it looks like there are also some other bugs with 2.7.1.0 for flashing roms, not sure if it was solved in 2.7.1.1. use 2.6.3.3 or .3.4 and youll be fine.

and no, you dont need s-off to use the reset rom. but a reset rom will not update all the firmware, you'll get an updated rom(software), on the hardware side, only recovery and radio will be updated (if you choose to flash stock radio and recovery at the reset rom installation). hboot will not be updated using this solution.

do a nandroid backup of your current config, just in case you need to restore if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirtrider129

dirtrider129

Jun 22, 2014
update question

[/Quote]better to stick with 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 unless you want to experiment. there is a charging bug with 2.7.0.0 and it looks like there are also some other bugs with 2.7.1.0 for flashing roms, not sure if it was solved in 2.7.1.1. use 2.6.3.3 or .3.4 and youll be fine.

and no, you dont need s-off to use the reset rom. but a reset rom will not update all the firmware, you'll get an updated rom(software), on the hardware side, only recovery and radio will be updated (if you choose to flash stock radio and recovery at the reset rom installation). hboot will not be updated using this solution.

do a nandroid backup of your current config, just in case you need to restore if something goes wrong.[/QUOTE]

After lots and lots of research into this before doing I've decided to go with viperone custom Rom, if I understand it right I won't have to mess with s-off for this,please correct me if I'm wrong. But I have found some conflicting instructions, I read somewhere that I will have to copy the boot.img from the Rom and flash it before flashing the Rom then others without that step, so I'm confused, I wanna male sure I do this right the first time. Also are there any files that I need to have updated before flashing a 4.4 sense 6 custom Rom or will it all be included in the Rom?
Thank you
Dirtrider

Last edited:

VaderXI

Jun 18, 2011
Hi there

Been a long time since I've posted and hope I'm in the right place. Did a search for my question and wound up here.

My phone is stock and s-on, I haven't done anything to it, it's exactly the same as when it came out the box, but I haven't been able to update the software in settings>about>software updates for a while now, it just keeps coming back with download unsuccessful. Any ideas how I can sort this, or do it another way?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

S_on
    Hboot 1.44
    Android v.1.26.502.15
    Sense 5.0

easiest solution (imo):

or

unlock bootloader
    root
    s-off using revone

http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_5-12-502-2_clsa-zip/

better to stick with 2.6.3.3 or 2.6.3.4 unless you want to experiment. there is a charging bug with 2.7.0.0 and it looks like there are also some other bugs with 2.7.1.0 for flashing roms, not sure if it was solved in 2.7.1.1. use 2.6.3.3 or .3.4 and youll be fine.

do a nandroid backup of your current config, just in case you need to restore if something goes wrong.