[REF] Complete List of Roms | Kernels | Rooting/Other Guides for Nexus S 4G (CDMA)

Search This thread

netarchy

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 16, 2010
San Antonio, TX
github.com
Exactly. So the question is when they flash a ROM like they did with SuperAOSP why is it that they appear to have no radio installed thus resulting in having no signal. Unless its erasing the current radio they have?

Sent from my Nexus S

Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
Because SuperAOSP is not build for the ns4g, it's built for the ns. It doesn't have the cdma stuff in it.

Makes perfect sense to me.

It also appears the BLN app doesnt work on this device...

netarchy, do these devices suffer from the charging issues (sbc) like the evo did...is there any reason of an sbc on this.

oubravs2b

Jun 7, 2010
Kansas City
I just flashed the SuperAOSP 8.0 rom and it booted fine but I had no cellular service whatsoever.

As an FYI - I tried when I got mine on Friday to install CM7 for NS (and also SuperAOSP 8.0 yesterday), and got no cell service on either of them. I don't know anything beyond those two, but for now, I'm using the stock rooted. Hoping for some ported ROMs as well.

Being a flashaholic and not having any choices is killing me :p

shabbypenguin

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 30, 2010
well tbh once source hits later this weke you can just download aosp source and build a stock restore...

heffzilla

Jan 20, 2011
Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped

kwan

Sep 6, 2006
Probably a dumb question, but, I followed directions to the letter and if I type "fastboot devices" nothing shows up. Installed drivers using PDAnet method and everything goes well, but adb doesn't seem to recognize my phone. Any help is much appreciated. For what it's worth i've used adb many times on my fascinate and am pretty familiar with it....but i'm stumped

I ran into the same dumb problem. A reboot of my PC seemed to resolve it. Maybe the USB doesn't recognize it until you reboot

Reactions: heffzilla

tcd2004

Jun 24, 2006
Has anyone confirmed that the guide for MAC's works with the CDMA nexus? Also, should it still work on 2.3.4 even though the guide is for 2.3.3?

stillblood

Jul 22, 2010
I did the Gregg's root method with the full wipe and now my phone will not connect to sprint's network! I tired to update prl and profile. Nothing! Please help

stillblood

Jul 22, 2010
just part one and two. after the fact i flased the decodx rom without making a back up :\ now im really stuck id like to put the shipped rom back on. i also tried the new radio pr img that was posted (CDMA) no luck

please help

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
My nexus wont even do what its saying in the instructions for this. for some off the wall reason my device is no longer detected in fast boot. it was to root it, I noticed that i was miussing some files in the root process now I want to return it and reclock it just to start over and I cant even do that. My recovery cwr and its stuck. I thin thats part of the reason why this new samsung thing wont work.

zikronix

Feb 7, 2009
ok i have all the img files from that program. is there a way other than fast boot to load these.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This thread is made with the Nexus S 4G (CDMA) in mind. If you have a GSM Nexus S head to the other thread.

I will be adding ROMs and Kernels as their maintainers update them to support the Nexus S 4G.

ROMS are in the 2nd post
    Kernels are in the 4th post
    Changelog is in the 5th post

*Devs of Roms if you would like different screenshots or description of your Rom shoot me a pm.

Rooting Guides

Note: When you download the recovery (ClockWork), download this updated one here instead of the ones in the guides which are outdated.

Root/Unroot by BuglessPete
    OneClickRoot
    Rooting Guide by joebags/mikeyinid (Has updated recovery attached)
    Jonathon Grigg's Rooting Guide (Do only Part 1 and Part 2. Ignore the "New Part 2")
    W0lv3r1n3's Great Windows Rooting Guide
    The Unlockr's How to Root the Nexus S
    Rooting on a Mac
    Rooting via ADB for Win7&Vista
    Rooting on Ubuntu

Other Guides

Return to Stock-It will completely restore back to stock (factory) ROM. Erases all data and removes root too; Instructions
    How to Backup Wimax Image
    Restore to Stock

AFAIK all these guides are compatible with the Nexus S 4G. If there are more guides that you know work or if any of the following do not work please let me know!
    ROMS

NS4G Deodexed + Accurate Battery Mod

Just basically the stock ROM with the addition of it being Deodexed, Netarchy kernel, status bar widget controls and a few apps added.

snap20110530_175809.png

100% Stock Deodexed and 100% Stock Odexed

These were uploaded by mikeyinid. Both are already rooted too. The original thread is here.

GRJ22 - Stock Deodexed ZipAligned

Stock ROM that has some extras such as being zipaligned, low memory tweak to improve battery life, and other tweaks.

OpenSoju

Is a AOSP ROM with Netarchys kernel and Zeam launcher out of the box with many other tweaks.

lockscreen.png

homescreen.png

CyanogenMod 7 Nightly Builds

Exactly as the title says. Nightly builds are normally released everyday and they include the latest commits from Team Douche. While not all can be considered "stable" this is XDA and we love to flash stuff This ROM supports RTL (right to left) Arabic and Hebrew.

KPKIMMEL

A stock ROM which comes with a Netarchy kernel, includes a battery fix for the charging status and a few other tweaks.

MIUI

A very unique ROM made by the Chinese. Its running the latest software (2.3.4) and includes a bunch of features not found in other ROMs such as the unique notification toggles, 2 button screen capture, revamped menu system and more. This ROM supports RTL (right to left) Arabic and Hebrew.

dark-new.png

gingerbread-ns4g-deck

This ROM is based off CM7 with some tweaks to try and achieve a better smoother experience along with better battery life.

KingsROM Kings Chrome

snap20110602_211254.png

snap20110602_211300.png

snap20110602_211337.png

Savaged-Zen(MOD)

AOSP based ROM with a few additions from from other AOSP ROMs.

Oxygen

Built straight from AOSP, this is a minimalistic ROM with a few extra features like Adhoc wifi network support, ddvanced power menu, status bar power widget, and a few more.
    Kernels

Netarchy Nexus- Has nearly every addition you could think of. Extremely popular and constantly updated.

Trinity OC 2.6.35.13- A OCd kernel with things such as TUN and CIFS.

Stock Kernel- Just the kernel that ships with the Nexus S 4G. Original thread here

Matrix-As of now this kernel is based off AOSP code with additions such as Voodoo, BLN, Smartass governor, and support for the Proton Voltage App. Supports CM7, Stock ROMs, and all other ROMs.
    Glad to see we are getting things organized with the influx of 4G users.

Gotta help our brothers out :D
    Could someone please post a copy of the stock kernel? The link in the OP leads me to a site that will not allow me to register so that the file can be downloaded. Thank you.

Try this. It's a flashable 2.3.7 kernel I've been using.

Edit: For the Nexus S 4G