Search This thread

thenameisnigel

Nov 18, 2012
New York
www.iamroot.me
Project Open Cannibal presents...
Cannibal Open Touch NG Alpha for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

About Cannibal Open Touch:
Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
2. Theme support
3. Get out of recovery boot loops
4. Touch screen button controls!
5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
6. GooManager support!
7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
8. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
9. Advanced Backup
10. Delete old backups!
11. Persistent settings
12. User-defined backup locations!
13. ADB Sideload
14. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer
just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from
ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a
bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

adb pull /sdcard/cotrecovery/last_log

WARNING!
If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
Flash in ODIN or Mobile ODIN.

Download Cannibal Open Touch NG:
By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Project Open Cannibal, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch!

CyanogenMod 9 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.
CyanogenMod 10.1 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.
TouchWiz GB27 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.

MD5 Information:
CyanogenMod 9 IMG: 2D2FAF8D5023184E2408940274C92D67
CyanogenMod 10.1 IMG: Not available yet.
TouchWiz GB27 IMG: Not available yet.

Last edited:

third son

May 1, 2011
Kzoo
Oh my... How cool is this? I love my wifi though.... Will wait until this works... Subscribed :cool:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cuezaireekaa

Apr 26, 2010
glacier bay
www.last.fm
GIVE IT A REST IT WAS A MISTAKE!.......... geez

calm down. we posted at the same time. we're just playing with you too btw.
but let me get this straight, you just pop into threads and start asking questions that do not even pertain to the thread? the 1st post is at least the most important.
but i understand it doesnt specify its a recovery in the title. ;)

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
I'm featuring this on the portal, but don't have the device with myself to take any screenshots. Can anyone here please upload a few screenshots for me?
Just in case you are curious about how to take screenshots in recovery mode, you must use DDMS for the purpose. It's a tool that comes with the Android SDK.

Reactions: thenameisnigel

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Project Open Cannibal presents...
    Cannibal Open Touch NG Alpha for Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch

About Cannibal Open Touch:
    Cannibal Open Touch is the next generation of custom recoveries. Jam-packed with cool and useful features, it can handle just about anything you can throw at it.

Main Features:
    1. Support for both Edify and Amend scripting (flash all ROMS!)
    2. Theme support
    3. Get out of recovery boot loops
    4. Touch screen button controls!
    5. Compatibility with Xionia nandroid backups (if on LG Optimus device)
    6. GooManager support!
    7. Internal e2fsprogs for size
    8. Backported “retouch binaries” patch for ICS/JB compatibility
    9. Advanced Backup
    10. Delete old backups!
    11. Persistent settings
    12. User-defined backup locations!
    13. ADB Sideload
    14. Touchscreen calibration

Why the name Cannibal Open Touch?
    Because we can. The name also embodies everything that Cannibal Open Touch is. It is no longer
    just a variant of ClockworkMod Recovery, it is it's own recovery by itself. Combining features from
    ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos' Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia CWMA and a
    bunch of our own special enhancements it is truly revolutionary.

What to do when an error occurs:
    DO NOT simply say "xxxx doesn't work" as that is highly unhelpful and will probably be ignored. Instead, post the recovery log! To grab a log when an error occurs, simply open a terminal (or command prompt if on Windows), "cd" to an easily accessible directory and execute:

adb pull /sdcard/cotrecovery/last_log

WARNING!
    If you are upgrading from a previous version of Cannibal Open Touch you must delete the settings.ini file located in the cotrecovery folder on your sdcard!

Flashing instructions:
    Flash in ODIN or Mobile ODIN.

Download Cannibal Open Touch NG:
    By clicking the link below you agree that you are flashing this recovery image at your own risk. Neither myself, Project Open Cannibal, nor anyone but yourself are responsible for any problems that may occur before, during or after flashing this recovery image. You also agree that this recovery image is to be flashed ONLY on the Sprint Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch!

CyanogenMod 9 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.
    CyanogenMod 10.1 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.
    TouchWiz GB27 - I agree to the terms and conditions set forth in the above statement.

MD5 Information:
    CyanogenMod 9 IMG: 2D2FAF8D5023184E2408940274C92D67
    CyanogenMod 10.1 IMG: Not available yet.
    TouchWiz GB27 IMG: Not available yet.
    You are awesome! I don't doubt that you will make it happen for CM10.1, I was just wondering if it would be possible on Touchwiz now that we have the kernel source. Agat has a really great kernel so far, I like his recovery but it would be awesome to see more options.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Yeah, CM10.1 I can do, but I've never tried it with a TouchWiz kernel source before, but I'll try.

Edit: Okay, so I found the GB27 kernel source that Agat edited, so I'll try compiling with it.
    Just when you guys thought I went MIA on you...

I'm updating this thread with COT NG Recovery.

This is a CM9 kernel. You use this recovery just like you would use EL26 CWM kernel on any CyanogenMod or Stock ROM. Make a NANDROID, flash a ROM+KERNEL. :)

For a preview of COT NG Recovery, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRTlH7Q8Ego

For a preview of the features, watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLXUeuzYC70
    I can do it in a couple of minutes.
    Very nice nigel, I think it looks great. I would love to see this for CM10.1 or any other 4.2 based AOSP build and on Touchwiz if possible.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
    Alright, I'll work on it tonight. :)