Keyboard falling apart?

Search This thread

ishamm

Sep 7, 2011
It seems my Keyboard dock is falling apart. I keep it well looked after, but despite that the top is coming away from the bottom on the top right corner. Is this happening to anyone else? I can get it replaced (good old john Lewis) if it gets worse, but i haven't heard of this anywhere else.

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium HD app

Reactions: 1425513

xmsnx

Jan 5, 2008
Mine was loose around the dock area. Would make a loud click if pressed, like something wasn't screwed tight.
Sent it back to Asus and they sent out a new one. You might as well get it replaced now :)

Grgur

Aug 20, 2008
Gdansk
Odp: Keyboard falling apart?

You're not the only one. I noticed the same fault yesterday, also the top right part. I wonder if it can be fixed without sending back the device.

sbdags

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 24, 2007
Kenilworth, Coventry
OnePlus 9 Pro
Guys - carefully peel off the top 2 rubber feet - carefully - you will see two lose screws fall out. :silly:

Tighten them up and I suspect your issue will be resolved.

I have no idea how this got through Asus Q&A but everyone seems to have the same problem.

Reactions: Splaktar and Grgur

GCq1w2e3

Aug 10, 2012
I dropped my keyboard once...bent the metal around the power input. I had to pry it back into place to get the charger to go back in :crying: now it doesn't really fit together at the top left side near the dock. I'm really bummed out about it. I wonder if square trade would consider it as part of the infinity in my warranty.

pvka13

Jan 2, 2013
Kaunas, LTU
My TF700 dock has a similar problem. The only difference is that problematic area is along the docking port. Has anyone disassembled a dock and knows whether that area is held together with screws or just some plastic tabs?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys - carefully peel off the top 2 rubber feet - carefully - you will see two lose screws fall out. :silly:

Tighten them up and I suspect your issue will be resolved.

I have no idea how this got through Asus Q&A but everyone seems to have the same problem.
    It seems my Keyboard dock is falling apart. I keep it well looked after, but despite that the top is coming away from the bottom on the top right corner. Is this happening to anyone else? I can get it replaced (good old john Lewis) if it gets worse, but i haven't heard of this anywhere else.

Sent from my Xperia S using XDA Premium HD app