[Q] CM bootloop after rooting

Search This thread

rsanek

Jan 8, 2014
I will try to keep this brief and clear; hopefully someone will be able to help.

I was following this xda guide to gain root access through Odin3, using CF-Auto-Root. Originally, I thought the process had failed, because KNOX showed me an alert that SuperSU was being blocked. However, I updated SuperSU through the play store and it managed to start up. It also asked me if I wanted to disable KNOX, which I said yes to. I downloaded another app called Root Checker which told me that I had root.

I then went on to install Rom Manager and download CWM Recovery. Rom Manager told me it was successful in flashing CWM, so I went ahead and downloaded the latest stable CyanogenMod along with Google Apps. Once it was done, I opted to install and restart. The CM logo with the two rotating circles managed to come up. However, these circles never disappear and after 20 minutes of waiting for it to load I'm pretty sure something is amiss.

Anyway, I figured I would restart to CWM recovery and simply install CM manually, following CM's own online guide. However, when I start up, I cannot enter CWM and ODIN MODE starts up. I have tried to flash CWM manually through Odin3 v3.07 as well as TWRP, but neither works. Odin3 says the transfer/installation is successful, then restarts the phone, but I am put right back into Odin Mode when I try to use the Power+Volume Down+Home button method.

Any ideas? To be clear, the phone will not boot into CM and I have (apparently) not been successful in replacing stock recovery. I am on international N7100 bought from Amazon.

Androidwizzard

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2013
Odin3 says the transfer/installation is successful, then restarts the phone, but I am put right back into Odin Mode when I try to use the Power+Volume Down+Home button method.

Any ideas? To be clear, the phone will not boot into CM and I have (apparently) not been successful in replacing stock recovery. I am on international N7100 bought from Amazon.

You always get back to download mod if you use power+volume DOWN+home button, try power+volume UP+home button instead to get into recovery :good:

Reactions: rsanek

rsanek

Jan 8, 2014
You always get back to download mod if you use power+volume DOWN+home button, try power+volume UP+home button instead to get into recovery :good:

Wow I am an idiot. I can't believe I didn't try this sooner. This got me to TWRP, I will update if I am successful in installing CM. Thanks!:good::good:

EDIT: I was indeed successful in installing CM after re-flashing with the newest CWM and entering CWM restore with Volume UP+Power+Home. I am now on ThdDude's CM11 build with Gapps via TKruzze and it is working like a charm. No problems that I could find except for minor audio issues.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Odin3 says the transfer/installation is successful, then restarts the phone, but I am put right back into Odin Mode when I try to use the Power+Volume Down+Home button method.