[Q] Stuck on 4.4 with write protection off (no root)

Search This thread

mrnathanman

May 30, 2013
I have a droid maxx. As I was going through the "path to 4.4" I accidentally flashed 4.4 with RSD lite after getting write protection off. I know it has been said that going back to 4.2.2 is impossible but since I have write protection off is there a way to still get root?

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
I have a droid maxx. As I was going through the "path to 4.4" I accidentally flashed 4.4 with RSD lite after getting write protection off. I know it has been said that going back to 4.2.2 is impossible but since I have write protection off is there a way to still get root?

were you rooted on 4.2.2 and installed slapMyMoto? If yes then you can (I am assuming not), if not then you are stuck without root.

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
Sadly no... Well I done ****ed that up. How likely do you think 4.4 native root is? (just out of curiosity)

That is the million dollar question. It does exist just the exploit was not released. Whether that will ever get released or someone else comes up with something else remains to be seen

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

jmaclean62

Dec 21, 2011
Temecula, Ca
If I had an exploit that worked, I would probably keep it under wraps until after 4.4.2 is released so that Moto doesn't patch it with the new release. If that were to be the case, that would mean that we won't see a root exploit released until after 4.4.2 comes out. That would save the developer work in the long run and make it more difficult for Moto to stop it.

Just a hypothesis....

BladeRunner

Jan 15, 2012
If I had an exploit that worked, I would probably keep it under wraps until after 4.4.2 is released so that Moto doesn't patch it with the new release. If that were to be the case, that would mean that we won't see a root exploit released until after 4.4.2 comes out. That would save the developer work in the long run and make it more difficult for Moto to stop it.

Just a hypothesis....

That has been theorized too. Hopefully that is the case for those with locked bootloaders. Just as important though is to turn write protection off which has been patched in 4.4.2. Without write protection disabled root is almost worthless

Sent from my XT1080 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2