Urgent help with stock recovery (One m8)

Search This thread

danmaytee

Apr 12, 2014
Hi guys I need some urgent help. I'm wanting to go back to stock recovery so I can install OTA updates when they are available. I made the mistake of rooting my phone without thinking about updates. I just want it back to stock so it's all nice and easy to use and I don't need to worry. I've found this thread which contains the stock recoverys but when I try and flash the STOCK RECOVERY 1.54.206.5 file I can't even into recovery and just got a error symbol up.

My phone is on the o2 network (I'm in the UK) and my phone is 4.4.2 Software number 1.54.206.5. Am I right in thinking it is that file I need?

If someone could take 5 minutes of their time to help me out it would be ever so much appreciated :)

EDIT - When Ive sent the stock recovery and I go to boot into it the symbol is a phone with a warning sign. Is that just what it is suppose to do or is it because it's wrong? I read on the thread "You can test originals by flashing them. If you see a phone with warning sign it's the HTC original one."

PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.

Reactions: danmaytee

danmaytee

Apr 12, 2014
Nah, that's how it looks stock. You have to play around with some of the buttons to get the reset and reboot options to pop up. I can never remember what to do exactly. Try hitting the the Volume Up + Power on that screen. But I don't think they change the recovery much if at all between updates.

Ohh yes brilliant! :). I panicked and thought it meant it couldn't find a suitable recovery to boot into. It's all sorted now and hopefully I will have no problem installing OTA updates when they become available. Thank you :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No problem. Glad all is well.