Can't get mobile data to work om AT&T.

Search This thread

ChopinLives81

May 7, 2011
Just got mine from expansys and got a new sim card. set everything up including installing the AT&T apn file, but still i can't get internet access. Any ideas?

Last edited:

ajbattaglia83

Dec 6, 2010
I had to go into settings > more (wireless & network) from there you can download Internet settings

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Artztt

Jul 11, 2012
To get LTE do not give your z2's imei to AT&T since they need to have an IMEI of an AT&T LTE enabled phone in their system to be able to provision LTE. ( I'm using the imei from my m7). So, put in the sim card, go to where you have WIFI, download the apn, enable LTE or 4G, restart your phone and LTE should work. I figured this out after spending several hours with a supervisor in tech support.

Reactions: RubenA and prazvt

thebobness

Oct 16, 2010
Hi, im having trouble getting LTE on my Z2, there doesnt seen to be an option for LTE. I talk to one of the reps and they updated my sim it with LTE. but all i get is 4G

prazvt

Aug 9, 2011
SF Bay Area
To get LTE do not give your z2's imei to AT&T since they need to have an IMEI of an AT&T LTE enabled phone in their system to be able to provision LTE. ( I'm using the imei from my m7). So, put in the sim card, go to where you have WIFI, download the apn, enable LTE or 4G, restart your phone and LTE should work. I figured this out after spending several hours with a supervisor in tech support.

+1. I just swapped in the sim from my Note 3 and used the 'download internet settings' and it works. As was mentioned, '4G' is LTE; I ran a few speed tests to confirm.

thebobness

Oct 16, 2010
+1. I just swapped in the sim from my Note 3 and used the 'download internet settings' and it works. As was mentioned, '4G' is LTE; I ran a few speed tests to confirm.

After getting a rep to activate a sim card from a galaxy note imei and downloaded settings. It works, also compared results from the rep's S5 results lol

ChopinLives81

May 7, 2011
Yeah I was able to fix the problem by using the cingular apn setting, but that was on the 55 firmware, I updated to the 69 firmware and the default at&t apn settings that you can download to the phone worked. I have a D6503.

coolmingli

Jan 16, 2013
San Francisco
I am on ATT, I don't get the LTE icon, only 4G symbol, speed seems fine, but no LTE icon, APN setting was set when I download the MMS setting,
for those Z2 users on ATT, do you have LTE icon on your phone ?

lovemyram4x4

Jun 4, 2008
The LTE & 4G icons seem to depend on which firmware you're running. It looks like 55 showed LTE, 69 showed 4G and 402 went back to LTE.

Sent from my D6503 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

ChopinLives81

May 7, 2011
Yeah I'll also comfirm the firmware icon changes. .69 removed the LTE icon for me too. No worries, speed is still the same.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

4G is LTE