Booter Locked, 4.1.4, What are my options?

Search This thread

dahrat

Jul 3, 2010
Texas
im sorry for any double threading. im just so lost on this Experia Ion and was hoping someone can point me in the right direction from where i stand with it.

1. Its locked. is there a way to unlock it even though it says Bootloader Unlocked: NO ?
2. what can i do to get any custom rom on it while the bootloader is locked or is that even possible?
3. if that isnt possible, is there a way to get a better firmware version than 4.0.4?

yes i have flashtool working with drivers i already reloaded 4.0.4 stock on it.

main reason im even wondering about any of this, is because when i make calls the MIC on it is muffled horribly. ive read the forums about the Mic rubber Gasket piece so thats my next step. but im wanting to try a newer firmware (hopefully custom) before taking the phone apart :(. as stated im sorry for double thread posting if there was an answer already, ive been searching for days on the threads and ahvent found much on my questions, but i did attempt my best to answer them myself before ending up here.

Last edited:

indesisiv

Jul 2, 2010
Around and About
OnePlus 9 Pro
There is no way to unlock the bootloader if it is set to unlock = no as far as i am aware.
My only suggestion is to use a custom rom that is based on Stock and works for locked bootloaders. Any of the ROMs in the development section that are marked as LB in the title (for your phone) will work. Full instructions are there. You will need to root and install recovery to install.
Futher info on rooting is here if you haven't already done it.

Last edited:
Reactions: dahrat

dahrat

Jul 3, 2010
Texas
thank you so much, im so used to samsungs yknow? methods are definitely different with the xperias. thanks for the direction point. i just rooted and setting up recovery :D i hope this thread helps others who are lost as well :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There is no way to unlock the bootloader if it is set to unlock = no as far as i am aware.
    My only suggestion is to use a custom rom that is based on Stock and works for locked bootloaders. Any of the ROMs in the development section that are marked as LB in the title (for your phone) will work. Full instructions are there. You will need to root and install recovery to install.
    Futher info on rooting is here if you haven't already done it.