816G (indian dual sim) no rom installed, only cwm-recovery

Search This thread

VollNoob

Jan 11, 2013
Berlin
Hi everyone, I searched for a solution to this problem since yesterday, but without any success so far.
My situation is the following:
I bought a HTC 816G (MT6592) with no rom installed. Only thing accessible is CWM recovery.
When I want to charge the phone, it shows a battery icon idicating that it's being charged and then reboots and shows it again. It does this over and over again with seemingly no progress in the charging process.
When I unplug it and try boot it normally, it shows a "Mi.com" icon, but then reboots again and again.

The only thing I can do is booting to recovery. Even though it does not seem to be charing, I can still operate the recovery mode without it being plugged in to a charger.
In the recovery it says "rua1 CWM v.5.5.0.4 for HTC Desire 816G d" at the top of the screen and "CWM automade 03.01.2016 01:12:51" at the bottom of the screen.
From there I tried installing roms which either failed to install or did not boot up properly after successful installation.
In the recovery menu under "advanced" and then "show log" it says:
ro.hardware=mt6592
ro.revision=0
ro.emmc=0
sys.usb.vid=0BB4
init.svc.recovery=running
sys.usb.config=mass_storage.adb
service.adb.root=1
init.svc.adbd=restarting
sys.usb.state=mass_storage.adb

I appreciate any advice, I just want to have this phone operational.
Many thanks in advance :)

thoctor

Aug 6, 2014
Texas
Hi everyone, I searched for a solution to this problem since yesterday, but without any success so far.
I bought a HTC 816G (MT6592) with no rom installed. Only thing accessible is CWM recovery.

Don't have your version 816, mine is the single SIM Qualcomm version so I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you but one word of warning. I believe the 816g is the Mediatek processor not the Snapdragon and some of the methods and advice you get might not take that into consideration. From what I've learned some things work the same but a lot do not, I.E. rooting procedures. Just be careful and verify compatibility with your device before flashing anything not 816g specific.

Reactions: VollNoob

nukaru

Jan 16, 2016

Don't have your version 816, mine is the single SIM Qualcomm version so I'm sorry I can't be of more help to you but one word of warning. I believe the 816g is the Mediatek processor not the Snapdragon and some of the methods and advice you get might not take that into consideration. From what I've learned some things work the same but a lot do not, I.E. rooting procedures. Just be careful and verify compatibility with your device before flashing anything not 816g specific.

We solved the problem. Since there is an mk-chip installed and vollnoob was having trouble with a bootloop, the only solution to flash is removing the backcover and disconnecting the battery, since flashtool won't work unless the device is turned completely off.

Normal 816 roms won't work either, since there is no way to flash a 816 Rom using mkdroidtools.
We used this rom for MT6592 chipset.

thoctor

Aug 6, 2014
Texas
We solved the problem. Since there is an mk-chip installed and vollnoob was having trouble with a bootloop, the only solution to flash is removing the backcover and disconnecting the battery, since flashtool won't work unless the device is turned completely off.

Normal 816 roms won't work either, since there is no way to flash a 816 Rom using mkdroidtools.

Great job. That's awesome. Persistence beats resistance and you were persistent so congratulations to you. I had run out of ideas so i was hoping you or someone else came across a fix. Glad you got it working and maybe this can help others as well. Good luck and thanks for the good news.

akhilashokk

May 26, 2016
Kottayam
Hey, im also a 816g user and i would like to root and flash a custom rom on my phone. Can any one guide me through. I searched all over internet and couldnt find a single rom supported for this device since it is a mediatek variant.
Any helps :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Have you tried this solution?

http://xdaforums.com/desire-816/general/rombackup-t2811252

Won't work. Different chipset.

Great job. That's awesome. Persistence beats resistance and you were persistent so congratulations to you. I had run out of ideas so i was hoping you or someone else came across a fix. Glad you got it working and maybe this can help others as well. Good luck and thanks for the good news.