153.4 KB · Views: 1,135
  • uploadfromtaptalk1376518339513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1376518339513.jpg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,278

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
You serious?

Damn I thought I done good. I had to buy one of those things from amazon as it never came with one.

Sent from my C5503 using xda app-developers app

I have to buy it separately too. Nothing more than a plastic with USB connector. No USB cable nor power adapter included. But for a phone like ZR it's necessary.

blue_quartz

Aug 16, 2013
I have the dock that's meant for the Xperia A in Japan, so there are some Japanese text on it but it still carries the same DK-28 product name.

For those who're interested to know, its input/output is rated 1800 mAh, so it can still guarantee fast charging for all except the 2A chargers (which takes a small hit). The bundled 1.5Ah charger should charge as quick as the direct USB connection.

halfbloodmutant

Oct 2, 2012
Duliajan Assam India
Could you explain a little more on how exactly did u make it ??
i have loads of old sony chargers lying around, xperia ARC, Xperia SL chargers.
So il give it a shot if you can explain how exactly to make it?
please :)

Actually it is easy to make one for yourself. There is a thread in Xperia z forum for D.I.Y. Charging dock. You should check that out.
Here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167089

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

tudork

Feb 4, 2009
Bucharest
Actually it is easy to make one for yourself. There is a thread in Xperia z forum for D.I.Y. Charging dock. You should check that out.
Here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167089

Sent from my C5502 using xda app-developers app

Just so people know, the distance from the edge of the phone frame to the surface of the metal charging strips is much larger in zr than in z. Therefore if you build your own dock, I think the pins should be longer than in the case of Z.

Sent from my C5503 using xda app-developers app

GavinLiu

Jan 20, 2009
Beijing
Come with my Docomo Xperia A.

good thing is you don't need to plug micro usb to charge, bad news is unless you spend more $ to buy a very thin shell don't dream you can use the dock with any common shell .

BartManX

Aug 27, 2013
Dialer/phone applications behaviour in DK28 dock

Hi

I'm owner of Sony Xperia Acro S and consider buying Xperia ZR. I'm heavy user and fan of docks - own and use 3 of them for SXAS. I tend to spend lots of time at the desk during phone conversations, phone sits in the dock all the time, BT headset in use. Dock for SXAS is vertical one, while DK28 is landscape one.

A question to Xperia ZR and DK28 owners - what is the dialer (dial pad/contacts) and phone (during actual connection) behaviour when in dock? Does both works in landscape or stupidely remain portrait?

BartMan

itandy

Apr 28, 2010
Hong Kong
Hi

I'm owner of Sony Xperia Acro S and consider buying Xperia ZR. I'm heavy user and fan of docks - own and use 3 of them for SXAS. I tend to spend lots of time at the desk during phone conversations, phone sits in the dock all the time, BT headset in use. Dock for SXAS is vertical one, while DK28 is landscape one.

A question to Xperia ZR and DK28 owners - what is the dialer (dial pad/contacts) and phone (during actual connection) behaviour when in dock? Does both works in landscape or stupidely remain portrait?

BartMan

The dialer has a nice landscape layout but the actual layout during call doesn't. :(

Reactions: BartManX

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    guys look what popped up on ebay. for 10$ it's virtually for free, and it has an extra slot for external battery, unfortunatly i don't have 10 posts so i can't post links yet, so just dig this up:

h t t p : / / w w w . ebay.com/itm/2F-SC-Dock-Cradle-Battery-Charger-Battery-Slot-For-Sony-Xperia-ZR-M36h-C5502-/200960076690?pt=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Chargers&hash=item2eca276b92

edit:
    just bought one, couldn't resist, i'll review it when it arrived in a week or two.
    I'm using TEMEI dual charger (dock+battery) for XZR, more than 6 months without any problems so I would recommend it. It's a good and cheap(er) alternative to original DK28. Try googling temei+m36h or searching it on Chinese Taobao online market, here's the Amazon link out of stock currently: http://www.amazon.com/TEMEI-Desktop-Battery-Charging-Station/dp/B00MSGV882
    Tutorial on how to make dock for Sony Xperia ZR and other Xperias at home (DIY)

Can you please tell me what materials did you use for the charging cable and dock ? and if possible could you post a quick how to tutorial ?

OK, here you go :) ,

Things needed,

(1) Any hard plastic sheet to make charging base stand (I had used plastic from square plastic bottle, image attached)
    (2) Nokia to sony erricson - old mobiles' charging adapter. (image attached)
    (3) Ordinary USB cable with power surge protection (not a must thing to have power surge protection).
    (4) Two sided sticking tape. (image attached)
    (5) Scissors and sharp blade to cut the plastic sheet.
    (6) Soldering iron.
    (7) Original sony charger - the one which came with your mobile.
    (8) Quick fix to stick the things together.

First of all, you have to make charging case to adapt the phone, measure the width of the phone, add 2 mm to it, draw square (black square as in figure) with this width and height on the plastic sheet from which you intend to make case. Now measure thickness of your phone, add 2 mm to it, draw two parallel lines (blue lines as in figure) on the adjoining rectangular lines on the square, secondly draw another two parallel lines (red lines as in figure) parallel to blue lines to make supporting sleeve. Fold them according to shown in figure, and stick them with quick fix to hold them in place. Allow it to dry.

Then put your phone in this case, mark the placements of golden contact ports (dock ports) on the side wall of the case with pen.

Take the charger adapter, adjust the contact pins according to distance between golden contact points of phone, cut the space on the side wall of the plastic case to fit this charger adapter so that after fixing it, the contact pins of adapter comes in contact with phone golden contact ports.

Now, cut the second end of USB cable (the end towards the power surge protector), find out which one is +ve and which one is -ve, and solder them to the pins of charger adapter after opening the covering of the adapter (non branded adapters are easy to open) so that +ve PIN COMES IN CONTACT TO THE UPPER GOLDEN CONTACT POINT OF THE PHONE, second one is ground, so solder it to the remaining contact pin. Close the cover of charger adapter, remove adjoining plastic insertions pins up to the base, fix adapter with quick fix to the already cut out space of the side wall of the plastic case and allow it to dry.

Plug this USB to your original charger and the DOCK IS READY :)

You can stick the case to wall with two sided tape as shown in photo, so that when phone is placed in the case, it remains tilted and hence by gravity, golden dock port comes in contact with charger adapter pins.

Hope this tutorial will help you.

----Inspired from XDA-----

Disclaimer:- I have and am using this self made dock to charge my own Sony Xperia ZR without any problem to phone or battery but I do not take any responsibility of what so ever happens to your phone by making and using this charging dock.
    That the whole point! There are copper plates on the side so the dock connects to those

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk
    Hi

BartMan

The dialer has a nice landscape layout but the actual layout during call doesn't. :(