Can I force install the "wrong" FW somehow?

Search This thread

LayCraft

Jan 17, 2014
I got a used LG G2 in a box.

It was running Aeon AllianceRom v3. The keyboard went missing. It was impossible to use the rom because I couldn't type anything or even install another keyboard. So I flashed Aeon AllianceRom v3 over top again from TWRP in an to attempt to get a keyboard.

No dice. I did a factory reset that got me caught in a boot loop where TWRP was inaccessible.

I couldn't turn the phone off or take out the battery so I thought that it would be a good plan to flash a stock rom with FlashTool. Since I saw that the phone was a d800 when I was using Aeon AlllianceRom I assumed that it was an American Ebay special phone, common in Canada, and proceeded to flash the stock AT&T d800 rom. I did this from LGFlashTool. The rom barely runs. I checked the IMEI and model number on the box and this is for sure a d803. Yet LGFlashTool thinks otherwise.

With the d800 rom I can't enable USB debugging to re-root the phone because it is greyed out in settings. The phone reboots every minute or so and is unusable.

Firmware download mode says that I am rooted, and it is loaded with a stock Att d800 rom. Anyone know how I could go about flashing a plain rogers d803 rom onto it so that I can get the phone back in working order?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

LayCraft

Jan 17, 2014

This doesn't help. I following this guide only allows me to install the unusable d800 firmware on my d803.

I run into this:
PAyEoz4.png

darkobas

Jan 11, 2011
plus.google.com
Bad decisions all the way.
I would trust trust what the hw says not what a box says.
Anyway. Flash what you can to get twrp back. Then you can flash what you want.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

LayCraft

Jan 17, 2014
Bad decisions all the way.
I would trust trust what the hw says not what a box says.
Anyway. Flash what you can to get twrp back. Then you can flash what you want.

Thanks, It is definitely a d803. The box, previous owner, and IMEI all say it is. What the hardware is saying is definitely wrong and the d800 firmware doesn't work.

Is there some way to change the device identified in a kdz file? Is there multi-model kdz files or a way to build them? Because currently i only can flash the AT&T stock kdz which is completely useless. Flashing something broken over something broken seems pointless.

LayCraft

Jan 17, 2014
Problem: At&t d800 rom installed on a Rogers d803.

There has been a long tedious process that has come from this. I'll let you know the basics of how I got back to a working system. Figuring out how to do it is up to you because I didn't keep a full list of everything I did. So this is a loose guide. (Thanks to autoprime for helping me out so much.)

The problem: lgflashtool can't help you because it has a crc check which stops you from flashing the correct kdz file. How you fix this is to use the moments that the device is turning on and off to enable USB debugging.
  • Manually root the LG G2; a .bat or .sh file won't work. You will need adb and fastboot which are available in most rooting bundles.
  • After the device is rooted, you will need to install the TWRP on it using adb.
  • Push the ROM for the correct model (d803) on the phone using ADB, and install it from TWRP.
  • The phone will only boot into fastboot after that. You will need to flash d803 images of aboot, boot, dbi, laf, modem, recovery (TWRP), rpm, sbl1 and tz onto their respective partitions.
  • Go into twrp and install a good ROM for your model.
  • Use LGFlashTool to install the correct kdz on the device.

LayCraft

Jan 17, 2014
Request for the D803R10c Rogers stock rom.

I have gotten my phone into a stable state but I am using the Bell stock ROM and need the rogers one in order to do a full kdz flash from LGFlashTool

If you have access to a copy of the rom I would be very grateful. :good: