SOLVED for some HUAWEI Y6 types : How to root this device ?

Search This thread

raystef66

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
SOLVED !
Hi,

Which ROOT options do i have for this device? SCL-L01 (other versions : see UPDATE)

For some unknown reason this solution does not seem to work everytime on this types.
But better give it a try

You do not need to unlock your phone.
Just install :
http://www.appsandroidapk.com/tools/kingroot/
http://androidmtk.com/download-kingroot-application

UPDATE : known versions of Kingroot working : succeeded feedback by other members but not always succesfull.

SCL-L01 4.5.2 Build : SCL-L01C432B130, SCL-L01C150B140
SCL-L02 4.6.5
SCL-L03 4.6.5 Build : SCL-L03C25B130
SCL-U31 4.8.0 Build : SCL-U31C185B140 (but with unlocked bootloader)
(another user : with unlocked bootloader, sim card out, wifi ON, Kingroot 4.8.0 = success)

I suggest you try all versions when above list is not working for you. You'll never know ...
Feel free to post your rooted phone's BUILD number please to help others.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Thnx !

Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Solved !
you do not to unlock your phone.
Just install :
Just install this version AND only this ( the only one that works ) v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...
Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Attachments

• NewKingrootV4.52_C127.apk
    5.3 MB · Views: 26,880
Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
And what happens when you reboot? Is the root permanent?

It's permanent. No worries. Let the app do its work.
Best thing is that you do not need to unlock bootloader etc. like some users propose to do. So not necessary to ask unlock code @Huawei. (warranty stays)
If i am not mistaken you can unroot too. (warranty not sure after root)

digitri

Feb 15, 2012
It's permanent. No worries. Let the app do its work.
Best thing is that you do not need to unlock bootloader etc. like some users propose to do. So not necessary to ask unlock code @Huawei. (warranty stays)
If i am not mistaken you can unroot too. (warranty not sure after root)

Well, that was the point. I want to buy this for my friend and want to be sure I can root without unlocking the bootloader, So thanks a lot. I wonder why other owners say it didn't work for them.
Do you have the dual sim / 2gb version ?
Cheers.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Well, that was the point. I want to buy this for my friend and want to be sure I can root without unlocking the bootloader, So thanks a lot. I wonder why other owners say it didn't work for them.
Cheers.
No thanks ( ...but always free to use the 'thanks button' :) )

I am using the 1gb / single sim - can not confirm it wil work but i think it will.
Good luck !

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
root checker
SCL-L01 = HUAWEI Y6

Attachments

• Image1841802651.jpg
    Image1841802651.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 9,172
Last edited:

Tonylom78

Nov 22, 2015
Kingroot not root...

Solved !
Just install :

Just install latest version v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Hi, did u do other actions? Because i am not able to root by using only kingroot...
I tried a lot of time and lot I used many app and also pc...
Please can u help me?

Reactions: Arm​appbdora

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Hi, did u do other actions? Because i am not able to root by using only kingroot...
Please can u help me?
Hi,
i remember by running Kingroot the first time it said it didn't go by the usual "quick" root.
But after that message i could choose to do it 'manually' by selecting just a button to continue.
After that it went running for a couple of minutes, even a couple of time it rebooted and after that it said "rooted succesfully"
Checked it with rootchecker--OK !
Other apps like solid explorer, link2sd ect. asked for permissions to grant, so i am rooted by that way.

? Do you have the 2gb version with 2 sims ?

Attachments

• Image1757318390.jpg
    Image1757318390.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 5,174
  • Image773700473.jpg
    Image773700473.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5,111
Last edited:

Tonylom78

Nov 22, 2015
Hi,
i remember by running Kingroot the first time it said it didn't go by the usual "quick" root.
But after that message i could choose to do it 'manually' by selecting just a button to continue.
After that it went running for a couple of minutes, even a couple of time it rebooted and after that it said "rooted succesfully"
Other apps like solid explorer, link2sd ect. asked for permissions to grant, so i am rooted by that way.

Yes I have the the 2gb and the 2 Sims. The screenshot u attached are after rooting success? Thanks for reply.

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Yes I have the the 2gb and the 2 Sims. The screenshot u attached are after rooting success? Thanks for reply.
Yes, the sreens are taken after root.
Mine is a 1gb/1sim. Perhaps this will cause the problem. I do not now. But i suppose the 2gb/2sims might normally work too.
Perhaps someone with a Y6 2gb/2sims might give it a try and give feedback to this situation.

PS : Have you succeeded sofar?

Reactions: N1ll3

Tonylom78

Nov 22, 2015
Hi,

Yes, the sreens are taken after root.
Mine is a 1gb/1sim. Perhaps this will cause the problem. I do not now. But i suppose the 2gb/2sims might normally work too.
Perhaps someone with a Y6 2gb/2sims might give it a try and give feedback to this situation

PS : Have you succeeded sofar?

Nope...

digitri

Feb 15, 2012
This well known Android German forum has a quite big thread about it:
android-hilfe.de/thema/huawei-y6-rooten-des-geraetes.724309
I don't read German but with a bit of help from google translate I can see that nobody there has succeeded to get root access without unlocking the botloader.
Seems like the OP here had luck with his phone. Perhaps huawei forgot to lock his bootloader? ;)

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
This well known Android German forum has a quite big thread about it:
android-hilfe.de/thema/huawei-y6-rooten-des-geraetes.724309
I don't read German but with a bit of help from google translate I can see that nobody there has succeeded to get root access without unlocking the botloader.
Seems like the OP here had luck with his phone. Perhaps huawei forgot to lock his bootloader? ;)
Nope they didn't forget....
I DID check the status of my phone,my friend. Did you?
Use minimal ADB and fastboot - go in ADB and check with " ADB reboot bootloader"
You will see your status my friend...it WAS locked. So don't be that suspicious...it worked with mine ;)

Perhaps sent a mail @KingRoot like i did..perhaps they will look into it like they answered me :D

Last edited:

digitri

Feb 15, 2012
Nope they didn't forget....
I DID check the status of my phone,my friend. Did you?
Use minimal ADB and fastboot - go in ADB and check with " ADB reboot bootloader"
You will see your status my friend...it WAS locked. So don't be that suspicious...it worked with mine ;)

Perhaps sent a mail @KingRoot like i did..perhaps they will look into it like they answered me :D

Cheers m8, I wasn't suspicious it was just a little joke, but I'm glad to hear that you've checked the lock status. :good:

It looks like the 2gb/dual-sim type (to my knowledge that's the only type available in Europe) can not yet be rooted without unlocking the bootloader. Would be nice if it could though...

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Got mine here...as a gift because i'm a gold member :eek:
http://www.proximus.be/PUB/self-emp...wei-Y6-Black/18a3ad5b975467290000015068ab9aa9
It's in Europe as Belgium still is for the moment :D
Mine is a 1gb/single sim.
There are 1gb/dual sim also :
http://smartphonetablet.be/huawei-ascend-y6-5-inch-android-5.1-quad-core-2200mah-1gb8gb/

And yours, the 2gb/dual sim.

Hope you can root it in the end. Good luck !

edit : perhaps you can unlock OEM in " developer options" and give it a second try with Kingroot. You never know...

Last edited:
Reactions: digitri

digitri

Feb 15, 2012
Got mine here...as a gift because i'm a gold member :eek:
http://www.proximus.be/PUB/self-emp...wei-Y6-Black/18a3ad5b975467290000015068ab9aa9
It's in Europe as Belgium still is for the moment :D
Mine is a 1gb/single sim.
There are 1gb/dual sim also :
http://smartphonetablet.be/huawei-ascend-y6-5-inch-android-5.1-quad-core-2200mah-1gb8gb/

And yours, the 2gb/dual sim.

Hope you can root it in the end. Good luck !

edit : perhaps you can unlock OEM in " developer options" and give it a second try with Kingroot. You never know...

Lol, dag buurman! Hi there neighbour I'm from Holland :)
My knowledge is indeed lacking, I stand corrected! I only saw the 2gb/dual sim version in the Dutch and German sites and presumed it was Huawei's Europe import policy.
It's available here for 136 euros from belsimpel.nl but I don't have it yet. I wanted to get it for a friend and dual sim is a must for her. I only want to root it, replace the hosts files to get rid of ads and unroot it again, so she gets no problems with ota updates and warranty and such.

Are you generally happy with this phone? Are the audio and call quality satisfactory?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

raystef66

Jul 2, 2013
Belgium
ZTE Axon 7
Xiaomi Mi 9
Lol, dag buurman! Hi there neighbour I'm from Holland :)
My knowledge is indeed lacking, I stand corrected! I only saw the 2gb/dual sim version in the Dutch and German sites and presumed it was Huawei's Europe import policy.
It's available here for 136 euros from belsimpel.nl but I don't have it yet. I wanted to get it for a friend and dual sim is a must for her. I only want to root it, replace the hosts files to get rid of ads and unroot it again, so she gets no problems with ota updates and warranty and such.

Are you generally happy with this phone? Are the audio and call quality satisfactory?

Thanks a lot!
Hi neighbour ! Indeed a small word :)
No problem ! There are 3 versions of it.
But i thought you've bought the phone already and tried Kingroot...

I use this phone as an interim because my ZP999 is in first aid :crying: Screen total loss...
But by unrooting this phone and deleting all unnecessary stuff and linking all the apps to my 2nd partition of SD it became a rather quick and very decent phone indeed! From the 1GB RAM i've always 500MB free.
There is no lack in opening apps. Battery is more than satisfactory (3 days normal use, 2 days no problem when making a bunch of phone calls like i do etc. ). Battery-charge cycle less than 1 hour.
Design is good. Slim body :p
Phone call : good but they put a rather hard blocking noice reduction in it, so when you have somebody on the phone and he/she does not say anything, sound is totally gone - that's a bit different with all the other phones i've got : caller voice and background sounds are hearable all the time. But you get used to it with this phone).
Touchscreen is very good even looking at a small angle is more than good. Backlight clarity ok.
GPS excellent! Wifi and carrier connect : excellent ! 4G top !
Sound when playing music : very good ( better then my ZP999)
So in general : worth the 130 euro's :cyclops:

Last edited:
Reactions: digitri

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SOLVED !
    Hi,

Which ROOT options do i have for this device? SCL-L01 (other versions : see UPDATE)

For some unknown reason this solution does not seem to work everytime on this types.
    But better give it a try

You do not need to unlock your phone.
    Just install :
    http://www.appsandroidapk.com/tools/kingroot/

UPDATE : known versions of Kingroot working : succeeded feedback by other members but not always succesfull.

SCL-L01 4.5.2 Build : SCL-L01C432B130, SCL-L01C150B140
    SCL-L02 4.6.5
    SCL-L03 4.6.5 Build : SCL-L03C25B130
    SCL-U31 4.8.0 Build : SCL-U31C185B140 (but with unlocked bootloader)
    (another user : with unlocked bootloader, sim card out, wifi ON, Kingroot 4.8.0 = success)

I suggest you try all versions when above list is not working for you. You'll never know ...
    Feel free to post your rooted phone's BUILD number please to help others.

Removed bloatware and apps with any app like link2sd etc...Installed AdFree to remove all ads

Thnx !
    Solved !
    Just install :
    Just install this version AND only this ( the only one that works ) v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Please can u help me?
    Hi,

Cheers.
    No thanks ( ...but always free to use the 'thanks button' :) )

I am using the 1gb / single sim - can not confirm it wil work but i think it will.
    Good luck !
    Kingroot not root...

Solved !
    Just install :

Just install latest version v4.5.2 and it worked for me.

Please can u help me?