[ROM][4.2.2][GT-P51XX][FINAL] Zap Blaster v2.3 *Stock*Debloted*Rooted*Deodexed*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shakatu

May 31, 2012
loop_00000.png

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Custom Rom
"ZAP" because it's faster than stock, "BLASTER" because IR blaster works!
Built using 5113 and 5100 sources
All builds are tested on GT-P5113 before release. All GT-P5100 files are released UNTESTED so don't blame me if 3G breaks!
Flash at your own risk. Will void warranties. Not responsible for bricked devices. YMMV

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-50.png

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-59.png

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-35.png

GT-P51XX Zap Blaster v2.3
Root, busybox, deodex, zipalign
TouchWiz Base
Built from 5113 & 5100 4.2.2 firmwares
Debloated by 1/3!
Custom Boot Animation support
Reboot Options
init.d tweaks (SD card tweaks, Memory tweaks)
AdBlock Host
Removed updater prompts
Changed touch sound
ES File Explorer, No-Frills CPU, Adobe Flashplayer
Chrome Desktop Mode (Download Chrome from Google Play Store, and it will be in desktop mode!)

Changelog for v2.3
*FINAL RELEASE!*
Rebuilt for 4.2.2
Back to the basics
Aroma Installer
- Choose ROM Version
Stock kernel, use a custom one from XDA-Developers!

DOWNLOADS
v2.3
Android File Host
DepositFiles
md5: 43710471b43358c294c7e6fd3259df67

Bloatware
Zap Apps - Google
Play Books, Gmail, Maps, Drive, Hangouts, Play Magazines, Play Music, Play Newsstand, Play Games, Google+, Play Movies, YouTube
Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: 3f79cb8e4f4017a37c2662e42d7c3297

Zap Apps - Full
Pretty much everything I removed from the ROM. Essentially turns the tablet back to stock.
Stock sounds, stock boot/shutdown animations, stock apps, stock wallpapers, stock extra files on SD card... everything.
So if you just want a stock ROM with reboot options then flash this zip after the ROM!
Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: d71f9fe0bb23f7534324556fc6deb090

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
When coming from another ROM:
Wipe data/cache/dalvik (factory reset) using a custom recovery (I STRONGLY recommend TWRP)
Install using the latest zip and enjoy!
If you want all the Google apps back, install Zap Apps - Google
If you want it to be essentially stock + reboot options, install Zap Apps - Full

Custom recovery required!

Last edited:

shakatu

May 31, 2012
KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
Glitchy boot screen: Happens when you update from ICS directly to a custom Jellybean. Update using an OTA release, then flash custom to fix.
Others? I honestly don't care.

FAQs
"Will this work on GT-P51XX?" Yes. Aroma installer lets you choose which version you have.
"Can I flash a custom kernel over this ROM?" But of course! Should work with any kernel built for 4.2.2
"Where are the other stock lockscreen wallpapers?" They are still there. Go into /system/wallpaper/ and rename either file to lockscreen_default_wallpaper.jpg and they will come back.
"I'm working on my own ROM. Can I borrow XYZ from yours?" I've worked for hours on this for free, so make sure to give proper credit and link back to this thread.
"This has completely saved my device! How can I ever repay you?" Well, you can always click "thanks!" If you want to go above and beyond, you can donate to the "Taylor needs a new smartphone" fund by clicking the button under my profile pic.

Thanks
Samsung for a great Tablet, Google for a great OS
UOT Kitchen Team for battery icons
amarullz for the original Aroma install script
brolee93 for original Reboot Options script
lokeshsaini94 for the original instructions of how to create a custom ROM

Special Thanks
jmichaels1982

Last edited:

shakatu

May 31, 2012
Old Changelog

v2.2
DMD1 firmware
Next 1.4.1 kernel
Download
v2.1
Aroma Installer
- Choose ROM Version
- Choose Kernel
Fix Talk.apk
Fix init.d script & moved to data/local/userinit.d
v2.0
COMPLETELY rebuilt for 4.1.2
Even more debloat than before! (Less than 500MB for a ROM file?!?)
If you want all the Samsung apps back, install Zap Apps
Updated several built-in apps to latest versions (But not all... more will may come later)
v1.6
Old version for Android 4.1.1

Last edited:

sixty_oz

Jul 7, 2011
Glace Bay
So happy to have some roms to flash on my device. It's been a while since I had a phone with a lot of development, my incredibe S is smashed and i need a heat gun to repair it but I thought there'd be lots of development on the Galaxy Tab 2 but there isn't. Although I'm noticing it's starting to pick up a bit, it's so awesome. I prefer the TW roms to the aosp because the tab 2 has a keyboard with the numbers at the top, instead of long pressing the qwerty buttons. I much like that and now I am sure I will like this! Can't wait to test it out after work.

Reactions: Bholwell

tjdub

Feb 7, 2011
Re: [ROM][4.1.1][GT-p5113] Zap Blaster

Thanks man im loving your other rom im sure this will be just as good

Sent from my GT-P5113 using xda premium

shakatu

May 31, 2012

Does anyone actually want a Quick Reboot option? I have it in mind to remove that choice as it worked before using the OC kernel, but won't now. I'm really not sure if it can be fixed...

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

ChillinnPhillinn

Jan 20, 2013

It would be kind of nice if you need to report for an app or mod etc :)

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

shakatu

May 31, 2012

Yeah that's true, but like I said the code wasn't changed, but it no longer works. I'll double-check my file sometime JIC and if it IS the kernel, I'll possibly make an update removing the option for now. I saw a different line of code somewhere I could try in the future, but forgot where. :p

Edit: Well, I found the code, but there's no guarantee it will work, or that I'll even be able to check it out tonight.

Sent from my SGH-T679 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

ChillinnPhillinn

Jan 20, 2013

Either way, awesome rom, now I just have to figure out how to change the boot animation and hopefully get multiWindow eventually

Reactions: NexTech00

Jenks0503

Apr 15, 2012
San Angelo
So happy to have some roms to flash on my device. It's been a while since I had a phone with a lot of development, my incredibe S is smashed and i need a heat gun to repair it but I thought there'd be lots of development on the Galaxy Tab 2 but there isn't. Although I'm noticing it's starting to pick up a bit, it's so awesome. I prefer the TW roms to the aosp because the tab 2 has a keyboard with the numbers at the top, instead of long pressing the qwerty buttons. I much like that and now I am sure I will like this! Can't wait to test it out after work.

+1 Glad to finally have something new....downloading now! :)

sjsharksfan420

Dec 16, 2011
www.interwebsource.com

Very nice, been using CM10.1 on my 5113, but gonna have to test out ZapBlaster for sure!

sj

Sent from my pimped out E4GT on WftN-CM10.1 - 2/03 with Tap@Talk Pro 2.4.11

ChillinnPhillinn

Jan 20, 2013

I have also noticed that continues input typing does not work

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2

shakatu

May 31, 2012

Grr... the OC kernel is causing more issues than I originally thought...
I might just have to rework it without the OC kernel, and maybe have an add-on package with it included plus the OC tweaks I've made... or the other way around. :banghead:

Sent from my GT-P5113 using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:

ChillinnPhillinn

Jan 20, 2013

In the stock Samsung keyboard with continuous input typing checked in settings I see the blue trail but no words appear, I tried rechecking in settings and still nothing except the Blue trail

shakatu

May 31, 2012
In the stock Samsung keyboard with continuous input typing checked in settings I see the blue trail but no words appear, I tried rechecking in settings and still nothing except the Blue trail

I just wiped and flashed the Stock Deodex Zipalign, and continuous input was broken there too. When I searched about the issue, I saw continuous input aka swipe breaks easily across all Samsung devices... so the issue unfortunately lies with Samsung's programming. In other words, this issue would be beyond my scope to fix. There are some 3rd party alternatives on Google Play, but that's about all you can do. Sorry...

Also, I just checked my code for the Quick Reboot option, and it is the same. I don't know why it broke! I'll try re-flashing just the reboot options and see what happens. If that doesn't work, I'll try swapping the code with another one.

ChillinnPhillinn

Jan 20, 2013

Oh well I usually use the split keyboard anyways, it was more for your knowledge. Thank you for all your hard work. I love the rom it's so clean, keep it up

shakatu

May 31, 2012
OP updated with v0.2 update!
Flash over v0.1, wipe cache/dalvik and enjoy!
Changes: Updates kernel to 0.4.5, but keeps the OC tweaks I built into the ROM. Should fix Quick Reboot option (it did for me!)

This will probably be my only ROM update the rest of the week as I will be crazy busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    loop_00000.png

Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 Custom Rom
    "ZAP" because it's faster than stock, "BLASTER" because IR blaster works!
    Built using 5113 and 5100 sources
    All builds are tested on GT-P5113 before release. All GT-P5100 files are released UNTESTED so don't blame me if 3G breaks!
    Flash at your own risk. Will void warranties. Not responsible for bricked devices. YMMV

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-50.png

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-59.png

Screenshot_2014-07-21-17-53-35.png

GT-P51XX Zap Blaster v2.3
    Root, busybox, deodex, zipalign
    TouchWiz Base
    Built from 5113 & 5100 4.2.2 firmwares
    Debloated by 1/3!
    Custom Boot Animation support
    Reboot Options
    init.d tweaks (SD card tweaks, Memory tweaks)
    AdBlock Host
    Removed updater prompts
    Changed touch sound
    ES File Explorer, No-Frills CPU, Adobe Flashplayer
    Chrome Desktop Mode (Download Chrome from Google Play Store, and it will be in desktop mode!)

Changelog for v2.3
    *FINAL RELEASE!*
    Rebuilt for 4.2.2
    Back to the basics
    Aroma Installer
    - Choose ROM Version
    Stock kernel, use a custom one from XDA-Developers!

DOWNLOADS
    v2.3
    Android File Host
    DepositFiles
    md5: 43710471b43358c294c7e6fd3259df67

Bloatware
    Zap Apps - Google
    Play Books, Gmail, Maps, Drive, Hangouts, Play Magazines, Play Music, Play Newsstand, Play Games, Google+, Play Movies, YouTube
    Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: 3f79cb8e4f4017a37c2662e42d7c3297

Zap Apps - Full
    Pretty much everything I removed from the ROM. Essentially turns the tablet back to stock.
    Stock sounds, stock boot/shutdown animations, stock apps, stock wallpapers, stock extra files on SD card... everything.
    So if you just want a stock ROM with reboot options then flash this zip after the ROM!
    Android File Host - Dev-Host md5: d71f9fe0bb23f7534324556fc6deb090

INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS
    When coming from another ROM:
    Wipe data/cache/dalvik (factory reset) using a custom recovery (I STRONGLY recommend TWRP)
    Install using the latest zip and enjoy!
    If you want all the Google apps back, install Zap Apps - Google
    If you want it to be essentially stock + reboot options, install Zap Apps - Full

Custom recovery required!
    KNOWN BUGS/ISSUES
    Glitchy boot screen: Happens when you update from ICS directly to a custom Jellybean. Update using an OTA release, then flash custom to fix.
    Others? I honestly don't care.

FAQs
    "Will this work on GT-P51XX?" Yes. Aroma installer lets you choose which version you have.
    "Can I flash a custom kernel over this ROM?" But of course! Should work with any kernel built for 4.2.2
    "Where are the other stock lockscreen wallpapers?" They are still there. Go into /system/wallpaper/ and rename either file to lockscreen_default_wallpaper.jpg and they will come back.
    "I'm working on my own ROM. Can I borrow XYZ from yours?" I've worked for hours on this for free, so make sure to give proper credit and link back to this thread.
    "This has completely saved my device! How can I ever repay you?" Well, you can always click "thanks!" If you want to go above and beyond, you can donate to the "Taylor needs a new smartphone" fund by clicking the button under my profile pic.

Thanks
    Samsung for a great Tablet, Google for a great OS
    UOT Kitchen Team for battery icons
    amarullz for the original Aroma install script
    brolee93 for original Reboot Options script
    lokeshsaini94 for the original instructions of how to create a custom ROM

Special Thanks
    jmichaels1982
    Old Changelog

v2.2
    DMD1 firmware
    Next 1.4.1 kernel
    Download
    v2.1
    Aroma Installer
    - Choose ROM Version
    - Choose Kernel
    Fix Talk.apk
    v2.0
    COMPLETELY rebuilt for 4.1.2
    Even more debloat than before! (Less than 500MB for a ROM file?!?)
    If you want all the Samsung apps back, install Zap Apps
    Updated several built-in apps to latest versions (But not all... more will may come later)
    v1.6
    Old version for Android 4.1.1
    Zap Blaster v2.1

I should get a nobel prize for this...

Changelog for v2.1
    Aroma Installer
    - Choose ROM Version
    - Choose Kernel
    Fix Talk.apk

That's right, I figured out the Aroma scripting and now it's an all-in-one installer! That's why the file is larger than before (but I was able to keep it below 600 MB).
    When you install you can choose between 5100/5110/5113 as well as kkboot-nooc/kkboot-oc/next-nooc/next-oc kernels!
    I tested several variations of the script itself and it went through them without error, then I installed using 5113 & next-oc and it worked!

If people want to modify my Aroma script for their own ROM/kernel go ahead, but give me credit!
    Changelog for v2.2
    DMD1 firmware
    Next 1.4.1 kernel

Think of this as a "thank you" to everyone for putting up with my bad attitude the past week or so. I was feeling drained...
    If you dirty flash, clear the "reboot" option at the end of the aroma script and close out, then do the wipe cache/dalvik through TWRP and reboot.
    Cool thing that was fixed with this update without trying, now you can tap the edges of the home screen to switch pages again! :D
    Edit: Evidently Samsung still hasn't 100% fixed this glitch, as the Widgets menu only lets you click forward not back using the edges. Home and apps work though!