[ROM] Google Ion

Search This thread

meww

Apr 28, 2009
HTC CAMERA does not work, I am getting force closes on that, trying Apps2sd now

Pacothebandit

May 29, 2009
YO! If im already rooted and what not is it as simple as throwing the update file on my SD and "Alt S"ing it?

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
OMG Just used open overclocker to push the cpu to 528mhz, All I can say is WOW. This is by far the best build. I never seen G1 open applications that fast
yeah its crazy fast when the cpu is clocked to 528mhz.

I read the entire thread and was wondering, what does everyone mean when they say "fast"?

I'm running Cyanogen's 1.5 build which is already "FAST" according to some, but even from the base build, I've never really noticed *anything* as "slow".

What exactly is it you are talking about that is "fast" or "slow"?

I mean, what APPS are taking a long time, and how much "faster" are they getting?

I have to wonder if it's just a placebo or something?

71CH

Jan 29, 2009
Any update on the Ion build with the HTC goodies someone was working on?

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
UI much more responsive.

Scrolling is faster..

Swiping to another screen is faster.

vk is faster when typing out keys. The vk responsiveness was the first thing I noticed after I flashed this build.

I read the entire thread and was wondering, what does everyone mean when they say "fast"?

I'm running Cyanogen's 1.5 build which is already "FAST" according to some, but even from the base build, I've never really noticed *anything* as "slow".

I mean, what APPS are taking a long time, and how much "faster" are they getting?

fdisk81

Jan 29, 2009

No Placebo effect; so far every build I've tried has certain areas where it's sluggish or lags a little. Especially when it comes to switching windows in the browser; this one is smooth and fast.

dwang

Nov 23, 2008
Any specifics? Can you name any specific applications that are noticeably faster? (Aside from the browser swiping which looks ridiculously slow in the youtube video)

Browser scrolling is faster. I'm very sensitive to browser scrolling speed and this version definitely is faster than others.

I was skeptical at first about the speed increase claims as usually you will get a speed boost after you wipe, but this is the real deal.

Last edited:

soloxp

Jun 18, 2007
You do not need the new spl to flash this rom. I just flash it with the old spl that came with the G1.

haykuro

Nov 21, 2008
Sunrise
You do not need the new spl to flash this rom. I just flash it with the old spl that came with the G1.

hmm, apparently you dont.. i just noticed the system size is only 66016 (out of 69120 on the original). so it's safe to flash on the original G1 SPL! :)

but you won't have much space on /system to play with imho!