Flashed firmware of other phone on L7 II P715, bricked, KDZ/LGMST won't recover it

Search This thread

rafaelluik

Jul 5, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
Using KDZ, a friend installed a P700/705 ROM in his L7 II P715 (/P710/P713/P714) by mistake, following an outdated tutorial that led him to believe the ROM would be compatible.
Result: it's bricked and other people in some Brazilian forums have done the same mistake. I'm trying to help them.

If turned on normally it gets stuck in LG's logo screen. Hard factory reset using buttons or USB cable method doesn't solve the issue.
The user says he tried many ROMs (probably also L7 I ICS ROMs :x) and after installed some ROMs make white stripes appear in the screen and others will make the LG logo screen to blink.

If turned on with the right buttons to enter emergency I think it does normally.

LG Mobile Support Tool isn't able to recover it. It gets stuck in % / says unknown error.
Tried KDZ with PhoneMode Diag, Emergency and CS_Emergency, nothing will recover it. Attached is a screen of a failed try of putting the correct stock L7 II P715 firmware on it.

My idea: maybe we can recover it by flashing a custom recovery (via adb or something else that works in emergency or download mode) then he could flash anything in his phone including the correct kernel and ROM and everything should be fixed, but since unlocking the bootloader is a requirement (please correct me if I'm wrong) and it seems the only method of doing so requires a phone working normally it seems there's no solution.

The technicians from repair centers are noobs, they were unable to recover it (I think they don't even have a BOX for this device model) and blame things like the motherboard or screen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• 10250755_548789688575014_1264327619_n.jpg
    10250755_548789688575014_1264327619_n.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,154
Last edited:

4Freedom

Jul 9, 2013
My idea: maybe we can recover it by flashing a custom recovery (via adb or something else that works in emergency or download mode)
ADB need that your phone is on, if you can go in bootloader mode you can use FASTBOOT.
with fastboot you can flash a recovery..
maybe it can help you

haller

Sep 23, 2005
I have exactly the same problem, P710 flashed with P700 firmware. Always stuck on IParam=14 :/ Anyone have some idea how to revive it?

F4uzan

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jul 20, 2012
Try to extract the official .kdz and flash it using LGFlashTool.

#F4UZAN : Team Optima

haller

Sep 23, 2005
Try to extract the official .kdz and flash it using LGFlashTool.

#F4UZAN : Team Optima

How Can I extract this file? Phone is still in Emergency mode now.
I've got also bin file from vygis support, mayby it is correct file for lgflashtool?
Also, this program ask me for some dll file, where I can search it?

Thx for replies.

rafaelluik

Jul 5, 2012
Rio de Janeiro
I've got also bin file from vygis support, mayby it is correct file for lgflashtool?
These are the instructions for L3 II, you can do the same to extract the KDZ and obtain the dll in the process for L7 II then flash it. Follow the instructions, but use a KDZ meant for L7 II instead of the one provided in the instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51612244

Edit: correct link now.

Last edited:

IGGYVIP

Feb 17, 2014
/
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S10
;)

These are the instructions for L3 II, you can do the same to extract the KDZ and obtain the dll in the process for L7 II then flash it. Follow the instructions, but use a KDZ meant for L7 II instead of the one provided in the instructions. http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51612244
+1

Thx for replies.
you can try first ;)
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52241564&postcount=19
*FOR DOWNLOAD MODE !!!!!!! NOTE !!!!!!!!! YOU MIGHT NEED TO PRESS VOL+ AND PLUG USB
OR VOL- AND VOL+ AND PLUG USB

if need to be i will guide you with kdz extraction (the .dll and .dz or .tot is inside kdz )
you don't need no mode for flashtool just phone off with the battery in and usb plugged in after you pressed start button
the tool takes the .dll and .dz or .tot depending on whats inside your kdz

Last edited:

haller

Sep 23, 2005

Edit: correct link now.

I Extracted kdz file correctly, then using instruction from your link I tried to flash this phone, but this is showing under READY command:

PID: CD21S130403002965
Imei: Null
Initializing
::Error::
F0000002

Download Fail (5s)

Pecan6

Jul 14, 2014
Hi, i tried this guide, because my LG L7 II (P710) is bricked (blue stripes over the screen). How i must control the Software update? Phone mode EMERGENCY? Thanks guys.

AntonSLG

Oct 26, 2014
Did you solve this problem ? I have made exactly same: flashed p705 ROM onto my P713 phone. I am having same error on 14% at KDZ. Nothing helping...

This is brick ? Service center LG may solve it ?

ryu_hayabusa

May 29, 2012
Calicut
KDZ method

Using KDZ, a friend installed a P700/705 ROM in his L7 II P715 (/P710/P713/P714) by mistake, following an outdated tutorial that led him to believe the ROM would be compatible.
Result: it's bricked and other people in some Brazilian forums have done the same mistake. I'm trying to help them.

If turned on normally it gets stuck in LG's logo screen. Hard factory reset using buttons or USB cable method doesn't solve the issue.
The user says he tried many ROMs (probably also L7 I ICS ROMs :x) and after installed some ROMs make white stripes appear in the screen and others will make the LG logo screen to blink.

If turned on with the right buttons to enter emergency I think it does normally.

LG Mobile Support Tool isn't able to recover it. It gets stuck in % / says unknown error.
Tried KDZ with PhoneMode Diag, Emergency and CS_Emergency, nothing will recover it. Attached is a screen of a failed try of putting the correct stock L7 II P715 firmware on it.

My idea: maybe we can recover it by flashing a custom recovery (via adb or something else that works in emergency or download mode) then he could flash anything in his phone including the correct kernel and ROM and everything should be fixed, but since unlocking the bootloader is a requirement (please correct me if I'm wrong) and it seems the only method of doing so requires a phone working normally it seems there's no solution.

The technicians from repair centers are noobs, they were unable to recover it (I think they don't even have a BOX for this device model) and blame things like the motherboard or screen.

You can get the official kdz using this method http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22225030#post22225030 . and probably flash using KDZ updater.

AntonSLG

Oct 26, 2014
Did you solve this problem ? I have made exactly same: flashed p705 ROM onto my P713 phone. I am having same error on 14% at KDZ. Nothing helping...

This is brick ? Service center LG may solve it ?
So, for those, who may encounter this error. I solved it by bringing my phone to Service Center. As a result it was very hard to bring it back. For my luck, master was good enough not to give up and get job done :). He worked on my phone for more than a week, everyday, tried 2 different programmators. He flash 34% from original stock rom and that allowed him to get into recovery. After that he finished flashing.

I watched movie of repair process, that he showed me. It was crazy) phone was completly dissasembled and programmer was connected via very thin cables)

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
Same Problem

Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
Hi

I am facing same problem described here.

I flashed wrong rom on my LG P715 and now it is bricked. Before flashing I rooted the device and installed CWM recovery.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance.

Harish
Did you flash your ROM via CWM (zip) or via KDZ? If it is the latter, it means that CWM is probably gone. Are you able to boot to recovery now?

harishc

Aug 17, 2013
I Flashed it using zip and after restart it bricked. Then I used every single method find in XDA forums like KDZ Updater, offline updater,LG Flash Tool etc.
I tried various roms too i.e. Official, custom, rooted but none worked. Only rom worked was P700 V20D, which flashes upto 99% . I am also unable to use ABD as it not shows in device list.

Digdis

Feb 6, 2014
Tel Aviv
I Flashed it using zip and after restart it bricked. Then I used every single method find in XDA forums like KDZ Updater, offline updater,LG Flash Tool etc.
I tried various roms too i.e. Official, custom, rooted but none worked. Only rom worked was P700 V20D, which flashes upto 99% . I am also unable to use ABD as it not shows in device list.
P700??! Which device do you have?

Sent from my LG 714 via Tapatalk