[Q] 240 dpi support.

Search This thread

neodoughnut

Apr 28, 2006
London
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great app.

I have a Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9205 which has a resolution of 1280x720 but unfortunately a default 240 dpi.

Most parts of various themes working correctly, its just a few items are not correctly aligned.

From experience, the 240 dpi causes problems with other launchers and changing to 320 dpi fixes those launchers but makes the rest of the interface far too big and breaks some of the menus.

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust some of the themes manually or anything else I could do?

Much appreciated.

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great app.

I have a Galaxy Mega 6.3 i9205 which has a resolution of 1280x720 but unfortunately a default 240 dpi.

Most parts of various themes working correctly, its just a few items are not correctly aligned.

From experience, the 240 dpi causes problems with other launchers and changing to 320 dpi fixes those launchers but makes the rest of the interface far too big and breaks some of the menus.

I was wondering if there was a way to adjust some of the themes manually or anything else I could do?

Much appreciated.

Hi, it's hard to say as Themer is designed to look what phone it's on, in this case the Mega isn't fully supported. The advice we could give would to to maybe try changing the resolution as well, but we can't guarantee this will work and that you should try it at your own risk.

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Just wanted to congratulate you guys on a great app. Most parts of various themes working correctly, its just a few items are not correctly aligned. From experience, the 240 dpi causes problems with other launchers and changing to 320 dpi fixes those launchers but makes the rest of the interface far too big and breaks some of the menus.

Hi, it's hard to say as Themer is designed to look what phone it's on, in this case the Mega isn't fully supported. The advice we could give would to to maybe try changing the resolution as well, but we can't guarantee this will work and that you should try it at your own risk.

This is why I created a similar thread a few days ago. Themer does not play well with non-stock DPI. If widgets and other graphics could be placed relative to the display margins/center (instead of absolute pixels), they should render correctly regardless of DPI.

ritalin

Sep 28, 2007
Tampa
plus.google.com
This is why I created a similar thread a few days ago. Themer does not play well with non-stock DPI. If widgets and other graphics could be placed relative to the display margins/center (instead of absolute pixels), they should render correctly regardless of DPI.

Zooper already does render things like this. Try out something like Simple Sea or Pro UI. I rebuild these themes so that the anchor points for objects are relative to the side of the screen they are on. IE Top Center, Top Left, Top Right, Center, Center Left, Center Right, Bottom Center, Bottom Left, Bottom Right.

The only things that you will likely have issue with are when Zooper adds spacing, so layers such as Regular Text thats curved, Series based layers, and Progress bars that have spacing splits. Also Regular and Rich Text, that is set to an anchor of left or right, but also has a text alignment of Center, will be off by a bit. These are all as you are saying based on absolute pixel. Everything else in Zooper is based off of DIP (device independent pixels, http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html#density-independence)
There is NO WAY to fix these issues without breaking every Zooper widget, be it stand alone or in Themer, that was produced before your suggested change.

We do not support non-stock DPI. So if you want to use non-stock then you are going to have to do a little leg work on your own to fix the themes on your device.

sublimaze

Oct 13, 2010
Zooper already does render things like this. Try out something like Simple Sea or Pro UI. I rebuild these themes so that the anchor points for objects are relative to the side of the screen they are on. IE Top Center, Top Left, Top Right, Center, Center Left, Center Right, Bottom Center, Bottom Left, Bottom Right.

The only things that you will likely have issue with are when Zooper adds spacing, so layers such as Regular Text thats curved, Series based layers, and Progress bars that have spacing splits. Also Regular and Rich Text, that is set to an anchor of left or right, but also has a text alignment of Center, will be off by a bit. These are all as you are saying based on absolute pixel. Everything else in Zooper is based off of DIP (device independent pixels, http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/screens_support.html#density-independence)
There is NO WAY to fix these issues without breaking every Zooper widget, be it stand alone or in Themer, that was produced before your suggested change.

We do not support non-stock DPI. So if you want to use non-stock then you are going to have to do a little leg work on your own to fix the themes on your device.

In my original thread, I mentioned the fact that graphic elements were still irregular when DPI was changed to stock. This persisted after multiple uninstalls/reinstalls, cache & dalvik wipes. But thanks for the feedback.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

karanvir90

Nov 5, 2013
Themer for Xperia U

I have an Xperia U ST25i and i have trying to install themer on it....while i can install it. I cannot access the themes.
I know that you currently do not support Xperia U for this app.. but i just wanted to know if there is a work around to this by changing the Dpi of my screen and if so, could you point me in a direction where i can get further information. Thanks

matymador

Mar 20, 2011
This would be a great addition for those roms who change the default dpi. In my installation of slimkat most themes are simply unusable,

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
I have an Xperia U ST25i and i have trying to install themer on it....while i can install it. I cannot access the themes.
I know that you currently do not support Xperia U for this app.. but i just wanted to know if there is a work around to this by changing the Dpi of my screen and if so, could you point me in a direction where i can get further information. Thanks

Full Xperia U support is on its way. You can try modifying the DPI and resolution, but we'd recommend just waiting a few more weeks, it will be worth the wait :D

Reactions: karanvir90

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Full Xperia U support is on its way. You can try modifying the DPI and resolution, but we'd recommend just waiting a few more weeks, it will be worth the wait :D
    I am not the kind who nags but i really can't wait anymore to get themer on my phone..... any news ??? is there light at the end of this tunnel?

There is light, it's just going to take a while :fingers-crossed: Delays in this current version pushed everything else a few weeks behind schedule.