In your opinion, when looking back at this thread, how easy were the instructions?

• Total voters
Search This thread

PhantomTa2

Nov 18, 2015
Hey, people.

I found this thread/site using Google when I was searching for information regarding Kindles and rooting said devices. I went through this thread, plus many others similar to this thread or directly linked by users on this post, and whilst I had difficulty getting my Kindle rooted using Kingo from my PC, I used the Android version and ran it directly on the device and had very good results. Now I'm searching for a decent loader that I can use as a default display to make it a li'l purdier to use.

Many, many thanks to everybody who contributed to this and the other threads. Extremely helpful; clear instructions, most problems have already been asked and answered and most of the users are very polite, apart from the odd sarcastic remark, (rarely taken too far, though, and who doesn't love that kinda thing every now and then?), and very accepting of new users *Squints eyes really tightly and wishes that this is the case*.

I'm hoping that I'll eventually be a more active member and that I'll be accepted, despite my chemical make-up being 22% water, (yes, I know it's usually 57% but I get really bad cotton-mouth), 11% Hydrogen, 9% Oxygen, 10% Other random elements and 48% Sarcastium.

Anyways, I shall catch you guys later and will carry on reading through the posts here, trying to remember the rules, and will more than likely find most of the questions I have already addressed and solved.

Respectfully

PhantomTa2

galleng

Dec 27, 2015
In Step 16, I do not see the file /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk . My Fire (on OS 5.1.1) is rooted. I am using ES Explorer with hidden files visible. I also tried to find it using a Terminal Emulator app, and SU-ing to root. Still, no dice.
I know the file is there somewhere, because the Amazon Appstore still intercepts (other app's) attempts to install from Play Store.
Any suggestions?

sullytrny

Dec 24, 2006
Saranac Lake
do you guys still monitor this thread? I want to try this on a kindle 8.9 HD 8.5.1 and need all the help possible. I have adb and android sdk working and have unbricked several times so I'm willing to try most anything!

thanks, money is real tight but will donate for good info!

thanks

TGC_Monkey

Aug 12, 2016
My PC is not recognize the kindle fire hd x43z60. I installed all the drivers but when i connect the kindle it say's: unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed) im on windows 10. Can anyone please help?

strrlvr

Dec 30, 2016
Not sure anyone still responds to this thread. I followed all of these steps to install the play store, after rooting the Kindle Fire HD 7. After the final phonesky.apk install I started getting "Google Play services has stopped." warnings every second. Something did not take...

Any solutions?

sd_shadow

Recognized Contributor / XDA Welcome Team
Sep 21, 2011
South Dakota
goo.gl
Motorola Droid X
Amazon Fire
Not sure anyone still responds to this thread. I followed all of these steps to install the play store, after rooting the Kindle Fire HD 7. After the final phonesky.apk install I started getting "Google Play services has stopped." warnings every second. Something did not take...

Any solutions?
give it a few minutes to a couple of hours, for google framework to settle down

Sent from my XT1254 using XDA Labs

lumpkinbd

Jul 2, 2017
Ok so I thought I had this all figured out but I was incorrect. I know this thread is several years old but I was hoping that someone is still monitoring. I have a2nd gen kf HD7. I did everything but I'm running Windows 10 and it seems the step 8 May be different now. either way the kf first aide tool keeps saying "the system cannot find the path specified" and I'm at a loss. help please.

baroth

Oct 30, 2017
Is this method working?

Is this the right method to "Android" my Kindle 2nd gen 7.5.1?

jjchamp48

Nov 4, 2017
Won't install files after download onto kindle fire 7

I downloaded files but when I click install nothing happens. I've enabled apps in the settings. I get a parsing error in later versions than 5

psidre

Nov 22, 2017
6 years later..

In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. . .

Thank you so much! It took me several runs at this using various instructions on xda. I finally had to just figure it out myself that not every Kindle is going to act the same way guaranteed.

One more HD 7 for the books :cool:

Shartabb

Aug 4, 2019
Hey, people.

I found this thread/site using Google when I was searching for information regarding Kindles and rooting said devices. I went through this thread, plus many others similar to this thread or directly linked by users on this post, and whilst I had difficulty getting my Kindle rooted using Kingo from my PC, I used the Android version and ran it directly on the device and had very good results. Now I'm searching for a decent loader that I can use as a default display to make it a li'l purdier to use.

Many, many thanks to everybody who contributed to this and the other threads. Extremely helpful; clear instructions, most problems have already been asked and answered and most of the users are very polite, apart from the odd sarcastic remark, (rarely taken too far, though, and who doesn't love that kinda thing every now and then?), and very accepting of new users *Squints eyes really tightly and wishes that this is the case*.

I'm hoping that I'll eventually be a more active member and that I'll be accepted, despite my chemical make-up being 22% water, (yes, I know it's usually 57% but I get really bad cotton-mouth), 11% Hydrogen, 9% Oxygen, 10% Other random elements and 48% Sarcastium.

Anyways, I shall catch you guys later and will carry on reading through the posts here, trying to remember the rules, and will more than likely find most of the questions I have already addressed and solved.

Respectfully

PhantomTa2

This made me laugh ....despite my chemical make up ... smart arse :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this series we will install Google Play Store to the Kindle. You will see we offer two servers to download the software the one server originates from a commercial Dropbox account and the other from a Ubuntu One commercial account, so if you are blocked by one server, you can use the other as an alternate. We publish these tutorials for you, the end user. This is how we make our living, so if you feel we did our job click on the "Donate to Me" link, if money is tight, we understand - at least take the time to post feedback, otherwise we do not know what works. We monitor the thread daily, so if you are stuck, post a detailed explanation of your problem - we respond fairly quickly.

Prerequisites:

A) Kindle Fire 7" Has been Rooted. Here is Step-by-Step Noob (Simple) Instructions

Preferred Method (Automatic Installation):

Play Step 1: Download Kindle Fire First Aide: Windows 32-bit Version Or Windows 64-bit Version

Play Step 2: Extract KFFirstAide.zip to C:\KFFirstAide - please remove the 32 or 64 at the end of the folder created by Winzip or 7-Zip

Play Step 3: With your mouse, open the C:\KFFirstAide contents by double mouse clicking the C:\KFFirstAide folder

Play Step 4: Find the RunMe.bat file. Right Hand Mouse click on RunMe.bat, select 'Send to', select Desktop (Create Shortcut). Now press the Left Hand Mouse button to create the Shortcut named RunMe.bat.

Play Step 5: Find the RunMe Shortcut on your desktop, select it by left mouse click over the icon, then while on the icon choose Right Hand mouse click, select Properties.

Play Step 6: This will display the RunMe properties. Select the General Tab, change the top name to KF First Aide. Then click on the Shortcut tab, click on Advanced. Check 'Run as Administrator', click OK, then click Apply, then click OK. All windows should be closed.

Play Step 7: Double Mouse Click the new Icon named KF First Aide. You may be presented with a security window, just click Yes.

Play Step 8: Please click on the Windows Key plus Pause/Break, this will display the Windows System Properties. Next Click on the Advanced Tab and find "Environment Variables". Please click on Environment Variables and find the Path Statement. Carefully add at the end of the Path Statement:

Code:
    ;C:\KFFirstAide

Note: Do Not forget the semi-colon before the C:\KFFirstAide

Play Step 9: That is it! The software is ready. Next we get the Kindle ready to disable OTA.

Play Step 10: Please check the Kindle under More + > Security - make sure ADB is ON. Leave it disconnected from USB.

Play Step 11: Launch Kindle Fire First Aide, if the ADB Driver is not installed, use Option 12 to Install the ADB Driver

Play Step 12: Make sure the Kindle is turned ON, plugged into the Computer USB and ready. Select Option 18 to Install Google Play Store.

Play Step 13: That is it! Google Play is Installed, you may close the software.

You may view the Kindle Fire First Aide Forum Notes here: http://xdaforums.com/show....php?t=2096888

Alternative Method (Manual Installation):

Play Step 1 Download (Dropbox Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 1 Download (Ubuntu One Links) GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk to your Desktop

Play Step 2 Using Windows Explorer move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from your desktop to /Kindle Drive/Download.

Play Step 3 Using ES File Explorer app(Dropbox) or ES File Explorer app(Ubuntu One) open ES File Explorer on your Kindle. Go to the Setting Menu on ES File Explorer. Choose Root Settings, Select all the options here. A Superuser window will Popup, be sure to click "Allow".

Play Step 4 Now on the Kindle Fire HD use ES File Explorer to move GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app.

Play Step 5 Next change the permissions on GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by long pressing each apk until you see an option window. Select Permissions and change all 3 apk permissions to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 6 Install all 3 apk's: GoogleServicesFramework.apk, AccountAndSyncSettings.apk and GoogleLoginService.apk by clicking on each on and choose Install. Ignore any install errors.

Play Step 7 Reboot the Kindle

Play Step 8 Download Vending.apk(Dropbox) or Vending.apk(Ubuntu One)to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 9 Using ES File Explorer app on the Fire. Move Vending.apk from /sdcard/Download to /system/app. Next Using ES File Explorer or Root Explorer, change permissions set to Owner: Read-Write, Group: Read and Others: Read.

Play Step 10 Install Vending.apk

Play Step 11 Google Play should show up in your Kindle Fire HD Apps. Tap on it and follow the steps with sign-in and agreeing to the terms. This is an OLD Market so move on to Step 12

Play Step 12 Download Gplay3.8.17.apk(Dropbox) OR Gplay3.8.17.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 13 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Gplay3.8.17.apk select Gplay3.8.17.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.8.17 Google Play market.

Play Step 14 Download Phonesky.apk(Dropbox) OR Phoneshy.apk(Ubuntu One) to /Kindle Drive/Download

Play Step 15 Using ES File Explorer, go to /sdcard/Phonesky.apk select Phonesky.apk choose Install. This will upgrade the the android market to version 3.10.10 Google Play market.

Play Step 16 Finally, to eliminate Amazon from intercepting any Market requests, thus allowing Google Play to be the default Market. Using ES File Explorer move /system/app/MarketIntentProxy.apk to /sdcard/download - Reboot the Kindle

Next we will offer a How to: Install Go Launcher EX and HD Noob (Easy) Version http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2069668

If you would like to support our work, please send us a donation using this link:
    http://xdaforums.com/dona....php?u=4435645
    You can install Google Play on your 2013 Kindle Fire HD but it's for window shopping only. Any attempts to download from the play store will freeze the tablet and require a reboot. Really the play store serves no real purpose on the new KFHD 7, at the moment anyway. 1mobile and f DROID are a couple spots to get apks from.

Sent from my Nexus 7 Flo running Odex SinLess ROM 4.4.2 with ElementalX kernel using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the spots. I was able to use 1mobile to get a couple apps that worked such as clash of clans and freekindle and supersu. I need to try the other place then because I am unable to get a googleplay that even works, I could never get it to really open or search anything anyways. What I really want to get working is an app called Parallel Kingdom but it doesn't run when I get it through 1mobile.com; I'm a little disappointed to find out that googleplay won't work on my kindle and I hope I can get other programs to work then.
    Should I allow kindle to push updates again?

Thanks again LinearEquation, I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and actually care about problems that need not concern you :D
    I think I'm in love :highfive:
    Google Apps

I think I'm in love :highfive:

Thank you for the feedback.

Next we will be offering all the updated Google Applications for your pleasure.

This is a bit more complex, so we may not have this out until tomorrow AM.
    Dropbox Upgraded

Just FYI to everyone.

We just upgraded our Dropbox Subscription to the Dropbox Team Premium with 1TB

of space and unlimited traffic.

This should eliminate Storage Server Outages.