[Poll] Which Screen Protector Are You Using?

Which Screen Protector Are You Using?

• Zagg Invisible Shield

Votes: 182 16.8%
  • Skinomi Techskin

Votes: 53 4.9%
  • SGP Ultra Oleophobic

Votes: 118 10.9%
  • SGP Flex

Votes: 69 6.4%
  • XO Skin

Votes: 212 19.5%
  • Other

Votes: 451 41.6%

• Total voters
Search This thread

hiohokaybye

Jan 8, 2011
San Diego
So I'm aware that there are tons of threads around about screen protectors and I just want to make a poll for people without the screen protectors so they'll know what to get :) I've included some coupons for each one :D

I'll be naming the major brand ones only since they're easier to identify.

Please tell me if there are any other brands that I'm missing :)

The choices are listed above :)

Zagg Invisible Shield
Coupon (20% off): ZAGG20

Skinomi Techskin
Coupon (25% off): get25 or skinomi25

SGP Ultra Oleophobic
Can't find a coupon for this :/

SGP Flex
None either :(

XO Skin
Coupon: SPRINTXO

Other
Please specify! :)

So please vote for the brand that you're currently using and comment about your screen protector :D

If everyone can share some thoughts about their screen protector like:

Name of Your Screen Protector:
Wet/Dry Application:
Easiness to Install:
Orange Peel (Yes/No):
Fingerprint Resistance:
Screen Coverage:
Protection (High/Low):

You can rate them 1-5, or just comment on them :) whichever is fine :)
1 Being unsatisfied, and 5 being satisfied :D

Thats all I can think of so far, but I'll add on more if I can come up with more later :p

Last edited:

tehdoughnut

Jun 15, 2010
Ordered a BestSkinsEver, which is currently running 25% off. Hopefully I'll actually have the phone soon to use it with...

EddyOS

Jan 2, 2010
London
Are all those listed wet application? I don't want a wet one, don't wanna risk damaging the handset!

hiohokaybye

Jan 8, 2011
San Diego
Are all those listed wet application? I don't want a wet one, don't wanna risk damaging the handset!

Not all of them are wet application :)
Only skinomi, xo, and flex are :) (I'm not sure about zagg)

And wet application shouldn't damage your beloved phone since it dries fairly quickly!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

jhuynh

Dec 14, 2010
Zagg is wet also so it would have been easier just saying the Ultra Oleophobic is the only non-wet one.
I bought one called iskinz locally in Canada. I really like it and I think it's a lot smarter that they use an alcohol base for the installation instead of water base. It evaporated so fast and I had zero haze or bubbles like I did with all the others that use water.

catpunt

Apr 25, 2006
i'm using greatshield ultrasmooth

it bubbles up at the edges and has a splotchy rainbow haze at certain angles, but it's very smooth and clear. and u get 3 for like 8 bucks

type_2

Jun 20, 2011
California
I haven't bought a screen protector yet, but I'm planning to when I pick up my Verizon LTE Galaxy Nexus (YAY!!!!). I want to understand the types of screen protectors out there because I usually kind of get whatever is out there.

I'm assuming wet applications will generally give you that orange peel effect. These usually offer better protection and coverage, but clarity of the display and feel of it???

What's the downside of a "dry" application of a screen protector?

hiohokaybye

Jan 8, 2011
San Diego
I was a little surprise to see all the others,
but I added a few things that maybe people can help to rate each individual categories or something like that :)

pukemon

Jul 16, 2010
Richmond, TX
i used the one that came with my diztronics tpu case. it is actually pretty good and only leaves about a mm all the way around which is acceptable. too many dry screen protectors go edge to edge and it makes installation more challenging. i came away with no dust and centered perfect with it. i ordered a skinomi but i don't know if i'm going to put it on. wet application bothers me a little bit. other than that, i usually use el cheapos from hong kong and they have always worked great on my other phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I would vote for none :)
    So I'm aware that there are tons of threads around about screen protectors and I just want to make a poll for people without the screen protectors so they'll know what to get :) I've included some coupons for each one :D

I'll be naming the major brand ones only since they're easier to identify.

Please tell me if there are any other brands that I'm missing :)

The choices are listed above :)

Zagg Invisible Shield
    Coupon (20% off): ZAGG20

Skinomi Techskin
    Coupon (25% off): get25 or skinomi25

SGP Ultra Oleophobic
    Can't find a coupon for this :/

SGP Flex
    None either :(

XO Skin
    Coupon: SPRINTXO

Other
    Please specify! :)

So please vote for the brand that you're currently using and comment about your screen protector :D

If everyone can share some thoughts about their screen protector like:

Name of Your Screen Protector:
    Wet/Dry Application:
    Easiness to Install:
    Orange Peel (Yes/No):
    Fingerprint Resistance:
    Screen Coverage:
    Protection (High/Low):

You can rate them 1-5, or just comment on them :) whichever is fine :)
    1 Being unsatisfied, and 5 being satisfied :D

Thats all I can think of so far, but I'll add on more if I can come up with more later :p
    based off of some of the reviews I saw on here I went and purchased a Martin Field screen protector. the quality is incredible! Did heights fingerprints better than anything exclude screen protector I've ever used. For A dry application protector it is incredible. I highly recommend it! This is coming from someone who has used nearly every screen protector out there is well worth the price. I am hoping I can get a replacement sent as there was a small portion that won't adhere to the screen. If I had any fault with this, it would be that it is almost cut to big.
    Does the XO Skin work with the GSM version of the nexus and where is the cheapest place I can find them?

:confused:

Yes it works with it. http://xoskins.com use the code sprintxo, it will give you 30% off
    What would you guys recommend for me according to this criteria:
    1. wet or dry doesn't matter
    2. retain screen quality as much as possible (no antiglare or orange peel)
    3. feel like glass
    4. Most importantly: edge to edge

XO Skins for me. Its edge to edge, No Orange Peel, it has a slight rubber feel if your hands are moist for the first few days, while it cures up. It also hides finger prints and makes the screen easier to clean. Their customer service is awesome and so is their product.