[SKIN] Crewski Skins (updated 5/5)

Search This thread

mccmjoon76

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 27, 2009
I had a minute, so I quickly ran through this but I haven't tested it. Let me know if it works and also if you come across any orange....

Blue Crewski

Nice one my friend

I try Your Orange Skin ..is a beauty :good:

And the Blue one the bottom of the notification bar was orange :confused:

And i love to have Red one ..if u have the time of cause..

Keep it up my friend

Edit : The Skin will look more nicer if u can semi transparent the pull down bar :)

Just rate the thread 5 star lol...

Last edited:
Reactions: Crewski

Crewski

Jul 2, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Nice one my friend

I try Your Orange Skin ..is a beauty :good:

And the Blue one the bottom of the notification bar was orange :confused:

And i love to have Red one ..if u have the time of cause..

Keep it up my friend

Edit : The Skin will look more nicer if u can semi transparent the pull down bar :)

Just rate the thread 5 star lol...

I threw together the blue one extrememly quickly, so I'm not surprised that I missed some things. I also noticed on it that when selecting something it is highlighted in orange. I'll fix it up and get it out.....probably tomorrow evening unless I find some time today.

For the semi-transparent suggestion....are you talking the background of the pulldown which is currently black, or the bottom bar (the one that is current orange on the blue skin)?

Thanks for voting it up!!!!:good:

Reactions: mccmjoon76

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
I threw together the blue one extrememly quickly, so I'm not surprised that I missed some things. I also noticed on it that when selecting something it is highlighted in orange. I'll fix it up and get it out.....probably tomorrow evening unless I find some time today.

For the semi-transparent suggestion....are you talking the background of the pulldown which is currently black, or the bottom bar (the one that is current orange on the blue skin)?

Thanks for voting it up!!!!:good:

Ya i mean the ..Background of the pulldown bar..:eek:

Thanks again for the effort ...

Reactions: Johnkhoo

Crewski

Jul 2, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Updated the OP

I tried to change the pulldown to be 50% transparent. I'm current running ViperDNA which has its own adjuster so I'm not sure if it worked or not. Someone try it out and let me know. I've also added a Red version. As always, please point out any errors you come across or suggestions you may have. Enjoy.

Version 5
-Fixed color when selecting from menu
-50% transparent pulldown (needs to be tested)

flipclean

Apr 13, 2011
Re: [SKIN] Crewski Skins (updated 2/5)

Pull down screens on all colors are transparent super awesome work

DNA

Maybe you could put color on the widgets text message & notes widget

DNA

Last edited:

mccmjoon76

Jul 27, 2009
Updated the OP

I tried to change the pulldown to be 50% transparent. I'm current running ViperDNA which has its own adjuster so I'm not sure if it worked or not. Someone try it out and let me know. I've also added a Red version. As always, please point out any errors you come across or suggestions you may have. Enjoy.

Version 5
-Fixed color when selecting from menu
-50% transparent pulldown (needs to be tested)

thanks Bro ..will try it out.. thx for ur hard work :)

Edit : I love it !!!! thanks for the 50% transparent pull down bar :) and perhaps the Orange Skin can do the same ? take your time bro ..

Last edited:

zone23

Feb 16, 2009
Man I wish I could figure out that VTS software any tips? Do you start from scratch or do you mod an existing skin?

Crewski

Jul 2, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Man I wish I could figure out that VTS software any tips? Do you start from scratch or do you mod an existing skin?

Its just something you have to mess around with I guess. I had never done any theming (or even anything close to it) prior to a few weeks ago. I followed the guide on the VTS site for making sense skins. You can find it here. I pulled the matte.apk and started with that. I'm slowing learning what needs to be themed and what is a waste of time. I started with the orange them and changed almost everything to orange...which took a while and was very wasteful time-wise. Here is what I would suggest you do to get started.

1. Follow the guide and using the matte.apk
2. Download my yellow theme and decompile it. Anything that is yellow is something that I changed. I'm sure there are plenty of images that I changed that I didn't need to...but that is where I am at so far. Definitely do not use the orange theme since that was the original an a lot was pointlessly themed.
3. Compare some of the xml files to see what I changed to make things yellow. VTS makes this very easy by underlining the colors with the actual color (you'll see what I mean).
4. Use your favorite editing software to change things around. I personally use Pixlr.com. I tried GIMP and wasn't really a fan of it.
5. Beware of the .9.png files. Make sure you don't mess with the black lines on the edges. Also if using Pixlr.com make sure to add the .9 to the file name so it overwrites the correct file.

The two main folders that have images to change are res>drawable-xxhdpi and assets>Matte>drawable>shared>images
The two main xml files that I changed for color are res>values>color.xml and assets>Matte>stylesheet>style.xml

Hopefully this will help you get started. Feel free to ask any question you might have. I'll try my best to answer with my limited knowledge...and I'm sure others will fill in the gaps.

Crewski

Jul 2, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Hey crackeyes.....since you were my first "poster".....I'm working on this. What do you think?

VOLS%20screenshot.png

Crewski

Jul 2, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
Here you go. On the text popup on the lockscreen its a little hard to read the message...but I couldn't figure out how to change the color of the text.

Let me know where you want your "power t" and I'll throw it in there for you!!!!!

VOLS by Crewski

Reactions: crackeyes

crackeyes

Feb 1, 2009
knoxville
Re: [SKIN] Crewski Skins (updated 2/7)

No homo but I love you right now I can just set it as my wallpaper

Edit if you can scale it to fit better go ahead

Note crackeyes does not discriminate against anyone

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited: