[TUT]How to boost your battery life a great deal

Search This thread

manikdhir

May 14, 2013
Error occur when i safe from 4 to 2 or 1
Max_cpus
Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3 days ago I flashed Android Revolution HD v33.1, the battery consumption of Android 4.2.2 really shocked me! What do you think if you turn on WiFi, watch the websites for just 15 minutes and it costs you nearly 20% battery?:eek:
    Here I find some methods to fix the problem and boost battery life time a great deal!

What you need are
    1. root your htc one x, and
    2. an app called: root explorer

If you just use your htc one x for website watching, calling, messaging, and not for gaming, then my method will fit you well.
    Now we start!

1. Most importantly, restrict the number of cores of your Nvidia Tegra 3 used.
    Use your root explorer go to the folder: sys/kernel/debug/tegra_hotplug/, mount as r/w, find and long press the file: max_cpus, choose: Open in Text Editor.
    There you can set the core number used by you CPU at most. Default value is 4, here you can set it to 1 or 2. The less, the longer battery life. I set it to 1 and experience no lags in device performance. Min_cpus is 0 by default mean it uses only the assistant 500MHz CPU core and no main 1.5GHz cores when sleeping.

2. Turn on power saver in settings/Power/. It will conserve CPU usage,reduce screen brightness, turn off vibration feedback, and put your device to sleep when screen is off.

3. Go to Settings/Developer options/Advanced/, turn off animation. and

4. set background process limit to at most 2 processes (or 1, 3, on your demand. The less, the longer battery life). Setting it to 2 guarantees that you can switch between 2 apps your use simultaneously, and have a chance for the app you switch to the background not be killed by background process started by android OS.

After the above all being done, you can enjoy your happy times with a very long battery life!

The attached picture shows the battery history. You can see that nearly 90 minutes websites watching with Wi-Fi on only cost you 20% battery. Is that amazing?

Attention: You should set CPU cores and background process limit again after reboot.