[q] what version my g2 is?

Search This thread

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
Hi. I am new user of LG. I bought a Korean version of LG G2. Friend of mine flashed international version (as per his saying) of KK. Phone is rooted as well. Now phone's software/hardware specs are as follows: Android ver 4.4.2, Kernel 3.4.0 Build No. KOT40I.D80220b, software vers. Lightning v2.0. In hardware info section it is Model No. LG-F320L. It is now confusing for me either my phone is D802 or F320L.

I want to flash recovery in order to flash custom rom. Please guide me what my phone is now, D802 or F320L? Which phone version recovery is safe I should flash? Thanks for any help.

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Hi. I am new user of LG. I bought a Korean version of LG G2. Friend of mine flashed international version (as per his saying) of KK. Phone is rooted as well. Now phone's software/hardware specs are as follows: Android ver 4.4.2, Kernel 3.4.0 Build No. KOT40I.D80220b, software vers. Lightning v2.0. In hardware info section it is Model No. LG-F320L. It is now confusing for me either my phone is D802 or F320L.

I want to flash recovery in order to flash custom rom. Please guide me what my phone is now, D802 or F320L? Which phone version recovery is safe I should flash? Thanks for any help.

try typing 3845#*802# in dialer.. does it work ? If yes - it will answer your question :)

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
It's definitely a F320L then :) You can take back cover off, right? And there's place for a MicroSD? If yes, then it's a F320L
My friend, I know it is originally Korean Version (F320L) and I am using MicroSD as well but firmware flashed on this is not the original one. The software version is Lightning v2.0. Before this on original software(firmware) there were many Korean softwares and after flashing current firmware (which someone else flashed for me) there is no Korean thingy on phone and it is all English and rooted as well.The build no is also changed. My question is I still need recoveries prepared for F320L or recovery matching to build no. KOT49L.D80220b? Because all recoveries are for different variants and I don't know which is for my phone. Bottom line is I need a working recovery on my phone so I can try different custom roms.

Last edited:

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
My friend, I know it is originally Korean Version (F320L) and I am using MicroSD as well but firmware flashed on this is not the original one. The software version is Lightning v2.0. Before this on original software(firmware) there were many Korean softwares and after flashing current firmware (which someone else flashed for me) there is no Korean thingy on phone and it is all English and rooted as well.The build no is also changed. My question is I still need recoveries prepared for F320L or recovery matching to build no. KOT49L.D80220b? Because all recoveries are for different variants and I don't know which is for my phone. Bottom line is I need a working recovery on my phone so I can try different custom roms.

You should most definitely flash a custom recovery for F320L then :)

There are many D802 Roms built on Korean firmwares but that doesn't make the core things of the phone Korean, and that's what you should look for when flashing.
Your ROM is just built around a D802 Firmware but everything is modified so it matches your F320L. I hope this helps!

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
You should most definitely flash a custom recovery for F320L then :)

There are many D802 Roms built on Korean firmwares but that doesn't make the core things of the phone Korean, and that's what you should look for when flashing.
Your ROM is just built around a D802 Firmware but everything is modified so it matches your F320L. I hope this helps!

Finally, someone understood my problem. Thanks for your answer. OK, Now if I flash F320L recovery and somehow it goes wrong than what will happen. Because I do not have any backup of current rom

vPro97

Oct 22, 2013
Denmark
Samsung Galaxy S6
Huawei Mate 20 Pro
Finally, someone understood my problem. Thanks for your answer. OK, Now if I flash F320L recovery and somehow it goes wrong than what will happen. Because I do not have any backup of current rom

Honestly, since you're running a custom ROM already, I think you have a custom recovery installed for how would you otherwise have a custom rom :laugh:?

Please try turning your phone off, and try factory resetting your phone using the button combination - that should take you to the custom recovery :)

bender_007

Dec 6, 2010
Zagreb
Google Pixel 4
Be careful about the build.prop entries.

If there is wrong build info (d802 instead of some other let's say..) and you unroot, and you have no recovery and want to use download mode, the lg tool detects it's d802 and you can't flash your proper kdz..

It's most likely because of your current rom. If the rom cook provided variants in aroma then he didn't provide seperate build.prop's (or entries)..

javedabbasi

Jul 12, 2010
Honestly, since you're running a custom ROM already, I think you have a custom recovery installed for how would you otherwise have a custom rom :laugh:?

Please try turning your phone off, and try factory resetting your phone using the button combination - that should take you to the custom recovery :)
Exactly same thought come to my mind and I tried to enter in recovery mode and found a full page in Korean language which is for sure is not recovery I used always.