Nexus S Screen Protector?

Search This thread

AeroEchelon

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
www.twitter.com
I had ZAGG invisible shield on mine since I bought it (about a year ago) and it worked like a charm. However, I took it off about a week ago because of a post I saw about how it makes the screen less vibrant. Having the invisible shield on it really reduced how clear and vibrant the screen was. Now that i took it off, it looks like a totally new phone :D

I totally agree with this post. I had a ZAGG shield and I regret buying it. Sure it protects your screen but at the cost of touch and looks. The shield gave off a very rubbery feel and close collected dust more than without a protector.

Currently I'm using no protector and am happy with it. :)

Feeshie

Jan 20, 2011
I use Realook on my vibrant and love it..
However, the review on Amazon about Realook on NS is not that good..

So I am wondering which one I should use..

PS. I want clear one, but not the ZAGG orange peel feelings...

NO. Don't buy it. Doesn't fit the screen because of the curve. I bought it, but Im switching to Best skins ever. From research all dry application screen protectors don't fit the screen completely. So your kinda left with wet installs which do, but have orange peel.

Sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA App

ChocSoldier

Mar 17, 2011
I went with Skinomi because it didn't have the orange peel effect, and was smooth. Good product, however I did end up an getting orange peel-like effect on the easiest part to install, the front... because I somehow managed to make dents in the protector taking out the air bubbles...

The back, though frustrating and time-consuming, turned out perfect. Strange how that works...

Put simply, great product if you have the time and patience to do it properly, I am seriously debating whether or not to buy a Skinomi screen only protector and re-do the front.

nothsa

Jul 14, 2011
I doubt that you will find anything really good for under $5.67. Might as well just go with any one that you can find for that price.

Emama

Jul 30, 2010
NO. Don't buy it. Doesn't fit the screen because of the curve. I bought it, but Im switching to Best skins ever. From research all dry application screen protectors don't fit the screen completely. So your kinda left with wet installs which do, but have orange peel.

Sent from my Google Nexus S using XDA App
Thanks!

I may endup buying this whole-set
http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-GOOGL...VEBI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324326166&sr=8-2
Since I am only using the NS for couple of months before getting another phone:D

navykid0211

Sep 18, 2011
Thanks!

I may endup buying this whole-set
http://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-GOOGL...VEBI/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1324326166&sr=8-2
Since I am only using the NS for couple of months before getting another phone:D
I actually just received through the mail. The case is ugly and really hard. (Can barely press volume and power keys) fits real well though. The stylus is awesome and I just got the 6 protectors to make myself feel better (I have zagg)

Sent from MY Google Nexus S

Emama

Jul 30, 2010
I actually just received through the mail. The case is ugly and really hard. (Can barely press volume and power keys) fits real well though. The stylus is awesome and I just got the 6 protectors to make myself feel better (I have zagg)

Sent from MY Google Nexus S

Good enough to hear those generic SP is better than Zagg ;)

I won't expect a good case in this price :D

miloziz

Feb 18, 2011
I guess im going to stay with Zagg.. should have seen this thread before buying it. Oh well..

camalus

Sep 14, 2009
Best skins ever. By far. Zagg gets yellow.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Kennyt67

Jan 6, 2012
College Station
I ended up buying my off of ebay after trying a few. Found some pretty cheap ones that fit the same shape for the phone with pre cut holes. works great change them every three months. don't remember the name but could look it up

bakarus

Sep 14, 2010
Anyone have experience with stealth shieldz brand? Was able to purchase 2 for 2.50 bin on Ebay. They advertised it like zagg invisible shield

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ghling

Dec 31, 2011
I recently bought myself a new screen protector and mounted it today. It's a 3M Vikuiti DQCM30 foil, that's the matte (or anti-reflective) version. It says that it should fit especially for the I9023, but as the protector I used before it seems more that it was designed for the I9020 as it is a bit to short on the upper and lower edges. But as these zones are not used at all, I don't really care.

The display itself is not really affected from the protector, everything still looks very sharp and could be well read. The only situation where you realize the protector is when you look at a big, white space on the screen. Then you see some kind of little pixels, but that is the typically look of anti-reflective protectors as far as I know.

Using the phone feels very well, the protector itself is very plain on the surface so your finger can easily be slipped over the screen.

Overall I am satisfied with the new protector, but after all it is a personal preference whether you like clear or matte protectors.

Top Liked Posts