BOOT MANAGER FOR RAZR, and everything you need to know about it!

Search This thread

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
I'm hoping someone can give me some clarification. I was running the Leak and decided to flash an AOSP rom in order to use this. The AOKP flash succeeded but it would hang at the motorola screen. I assumed it was due to the new radio that exists in the leak. I had no choice but to flashboot back to 173.

It occured to me that since the boot rom and the second rom must be running the same radio version that it must not be possible to run the leak as a second rom. Is that true?

I planned on running AOKP as the boot rom then run Stock GB and Stock ICS as boot manager rooms. Can I do it. If so what do I have to do to get that that point?

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
I said that you can't do that multiple times already

I recall reading that you can't run the stock roms as your boot rom but I believe I read a post saying something that if you wanted to run your stock rom then you should make a nandoird backup then install an AOSP rom as the boot rom then restore the nandoid to slot 2. So while you did say the custom roms won't work as a boot rom I don't believe you stated anywhere (that I can find anyway) that you can't use it as a second rom. The only thing that suggested this was your comment about the Radios having to match.

I found the original post. After looking it over it appears that the poster was having a conversation with himself. Its not super clear.

perhaps you are on stock rom actually, right? You have to flash a 2nd-init-Rom (like CM9, AOKP) first before you will be able to use Boot Manager. And then it is not sure that Boot Manager will run correctly on GSM Razr.

EDIT:

Boot Manager runs well on GSM-Razr!!!

If you want to use your Stock Rom beside the Custom Rom, just make a Nandroid backup first. When finished, move the backup folder from ext. SD-Card into your INTERNAL storage. Then follow the steps bellow until step 4. Now click on "Install zip" ---> "restore Nandroid" and choose your backup. Wait until it's finished, done! :D

1. Flash a 2nd-init-Rom like CM9, AOKP, AXIOM, Gummy, Black Widow
2. Install Boot Manager
3. Go to "Phone Rom" --> "Setup Phone"
4. Click on "Tab Rom 1" ---> "Install Zip"
5. Choose your Rom to install and wait (takes about 20 minutes)
6. Only if needed: Click on "Install zip" again and choose "Gapps" to install it, same for the GSM-Patch!
7. Boot into Rom, done! :)
8. After reboot into the new Rom, you have to install Boot Manager again (from Store).
9. Now you can switch between your installed Roms :)

P.S. If you like Boot Manager, please support the Devs and get Pro-Version!

But there is one Problem: I restored my Stock-Rom to tab "Rom 1". But the data is gone and I cannot download anything from store, it says that there is no available memory, but there are 2GB free space on storage. And after every reboot into this Rom all Data is deleted, that means when I set up my Google-account, for example, after next reboot I have to set it up again.
The option resize img's doesn't help. So how can I get my full nandroid backup with all data to this slot? And how to get some free memory on it?

This Problem as regards to Stock Rom! With any Custom Rom there will be NO problem!

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Boot Manager runs well on GSM, when using Custom Roms, that're based on ICS. You can't run an Stock as 2nd Rom, because you can't write on it. It is how it is.

The new nightlies from CM9 also not work with the GSM-Patch and i think Akop will follow. So nice Custom-Time is over 4 GSM and there's no need 4 BM till there's a solution.

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
I recall reading that you can't run the stock roms as your boot rom but I believe I read a post saying something that if you wanted to run your stock rom then you should make a nandoird backup then install an AOSP rom as the boot rom then restore the nandoid to slot 2. So while you did say the custom roms won't work as a boot rom I don't believe you stated anywhere (that I can find anyway) that you can't use it as a second rom. The only thing that suggested this was your comment about the Radios having to match.

I found the original post. After looking it over it appears that the poster was having a conversation with himself. Its not super clear.

The radios and bootloader and a bunch of random stuff that have to be flashed in stock recovery don't match up between GB and OTA Stock ICS, so no, it won't work.

gflam

Jul 12, 2010
Could a gsm user please pm me your gtalk and we'll work on any issues it's having.

HSD-Pilot

Jan 22, 2012
NRW
Google Pixel 6
Hey,

Today, I've tryed to run Boot Manager on the J.Y.Daddy Aokp (12.04.2012).

But it get's closed, when install an Rom 1.

I can set the wipes, but as soon as i hit install, it shuts down.

In Log the most part will tell me this:

/mnt/sdcard-ext/BootManager/.zips/libext2fs.so
java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://bootmanager.gflam.com/bootmanager/V3.0/devices/spyder/libs/libext2fs.so
/mnt/sdcard-ext/BootManager/.zips/libext2fs.so
--2012-04-13 22:55:08-- http://bootmanager.gflam.com/bootmanager/V3.0/devices/spyder/libs/libext2fs.so
Resolving bootmanager.gflam.com... 82.197.130.40
Connecting to bootmanager.gflam.com|82.197.130.40|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 404 Not Found
2012-04-13 22:55:09 ERROR 404: Not Found.

checking free space
Current Version Boot Manager V3.2.6
extracting assets
getting files
/data/data/com.drx2.bootmanager/files/tmpmes
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space
extracting assets
getting files
extracting assets
getting files
java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "bootmanager.gflam.com": No address associated with hostname
java.net.UnknownHostException: Unable to resolve host "bootmanager.gflam.com": No address associated with hostname
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space
extracting assets
getting files
checking free space

On Black Widow it runs great, so it must be an Problem with the J.Y.Rom i think.

But the Rom's great, so i'd like to run it as my Phone-Rom and set Widow to Rom 1.

Sent from my XT910 using xdaemium

[TSON]

Jan 28, 2011
Just try again then? It's saying it couldn't connect to the server to download a few files.

mdowns989

Guys, i think something is wrong with my RAZR.

I rooted the device yesterday and tried Razrbootstrap and it didnt work.

The only recovery that is working (or at least giving a sign) is safestrap but again i cant manage to get any ROM booting. they all show black screen.

I uninstalled the safestrap recovery and install the ROM manager now.

As I mentioned before, the ROM Manager is taking a lot of time to Setup and I am running on stock ROM. 2.3.6 updated via OTA.

Please let me know what to do now in order to run customer ROM on my phone.

PS: I have no idea how to backup the nandroid or flash a 2init ROM.

So please guide me.

Thanks in advance
Patrick

I am running Gummy 1.0 as Phone ROM and when I installed my Eclipse ROM Nandroid it had no data etc.. like you were saying and no memory left.. ;/...

Any Idea on how to fix this?

fyrmn14

Apr 16, 2012
West Jordan
Remember to setup

Awesome app! Thank you so much for bringing it to the razr.

Posting for noobs like me on this. Please remember to do the "Setup Phone" on your Phone ROM before moving to your secondary roms.

I didnt do it the first time I switched roms, but fortunately there is a fail safe through CWM to solve it (watch the video).

Again awesome app. 5 stars!

mcfisch

Guys, currently there is no ability to run GB ROMs in one of the slots. It would result in a system with no memory left which acts like factory reset after every reboot. There would also be no ability to downloads apps from store. So don't try it, it's a well known bug.

For those who have seen the errors about not being able to download the device libraries: the dev told me they aren't necessary for the RAZR, that's why there is nothing at the server.

Patrickminas: I wouldn't suggest to start with bootmanager before you got CWM working. It is a highly recommended safety net, which prevents you from being forced to flash by RSD again whenever something went wrong.

trevoryour

Nov 14, 2009
Can someone confirm that Boot Manager will no longer work on the Razr after the ICS OTA is installed? It seems that the case but I want to make sure before I go back to Safe Strap.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The porting to RAZR was by gflam of the init2winit team. Not me. I'm just a beta tester. The XDA portal lied.
    xpr92.png

WARNING:
    YOU MUST BE ON A 2ND-INIT ROM TO RUN BOOT MANAGER. AFTERWARDS YOU CAN INSTALL NON-2ND-INIT ROMS ONTO YOUR SD.

What is Boot Manager?
    Think safestrap on crack. We now have UNLIMITED SD ROMs. We have a beautiful UI, with a nearly completely fail-safe system implemented. As long as your ROMs have the same kernel and radio...you're good! And as long as you have enough free SD space... you're good! Boot Manager can automatically sync your SMS and your call logs as well.

What's the difference between Lite and Pro?
    Lite only lets you install one extra ROM alongside your Phone ROM. Pro has unlimited as long as they all fit on your SD.

Where can I get it though?
    PRO: https://play.google....rx2.bootmanager
    LITE: https://play.google....ootmanager.lite

I need GAPPS in my ROM, but when I install them in Boot Manager it doesn't work!
    If the normal ones don't work, there's modified ones that are known to work. Try the normal ones first, though.
    For the modified ones check here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...manager-galaxy-nexus-support.html#post1991955

What if I mess up my install?
    Along with Boot Manager comes a failsafe - you have CWM on boot. If for any reason you cannot boot into your current ROM, hold down + PWR to turn your phone off, then turn it back on, and install zip from SD. Navigate to SDCARD/BootManager and there you'll find a folder for each of your ROMs, including your phone ROM. To switch to one that works, simply go into the folder and install update.zip.

What if my Safe System is a 2nd-init ROM?
    Go back to your non-safe and uninstall Safestrap. Boot Manager and Safestrap are incompatible. The app won't open while you have it. You can take a nandroid and install it in Boot Manager and get all of your apps and data back, though. You need a 2nd-init ROM on your non-safe.

Do all ROMs work?
    We tested them all and the only one that doesn't is RAZRX v1.2. Previous versions work fine, though.

I have another question...
    Post and I'll help you out!
    perhaps you are on stock rom actually, right? You have to flash a 2nd-init-Rom (like CM9, AOKP) first before you will be able to use Boot Manager. And then it is not sure that Boot Manager will run correctly on GSM Razr.

EDIT:

Boot Manager runs well on GSM-Razr!!!

If you want to use your Stock Rom beside the Custom Rom, just make a Nandroid backup first. When finished, move the backup folder from ext. SD-Card into your INTERNAL storage. Then follow the steps bellow until step 4. Now click on "Install zip" ---> "restore Nandroid" and choose your backup. Wait until it's finished, done! :D

1. Flash a 2nd-init-Rom like CM9, AOKP, AXIOM, Gummy, Black Widow
    2. Install Boot Manager
    3. Go to "Phone Rom" --> "Setup Phone"
    4. Click on "Tab Rom 1" ---> "Install Zip"
    5. Choose your Rom to install and wait (takes about 20 minutes)
    6. Only if needed: Click on "Install zip" again and choose "Gapps" to install it, same for the GSM-Patch!
    7. Boot into Rom, done! :)
    8. After reboot into the new Rom, you have to install Boot Manager again (from Store).
    9. Now you can switch between your installed Roms :)

P.S. If you like Boot Manager, please support the Devs and get Pro-Version!

But there is one Problem: I restored my Stock-Rom to tab "Rom 1". But the data is gone and I cannot download anything from store, it says that there is no available memory, but there are 2GB free space on storage. And after every reboot into this Rom all Data is deleted, that means when I set up my Google-account, for example, after next reboot I have to set it up again.
    The option resize img's doesn't help. So how can I get my full nandroid backup with all data to this slot? And how to get some free memory on it?

This Problem as regards to Stock Rom! With any Custom Rom there will be NO problem!

Another question: Why I cannot install zips from external SD?
    conap I believe is looking into the GSM issues right now. So sit tight.
    Just give a five star on g..p.

Great app

This would probably became huge if implemented kholk's bootload bypass in a near future. Do you consider this idea TSON?

Plus five stars for this in!

Thanks

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk

Edit: why this is in general section?

(because nobody reads the apps section)
    & yeah im sure once [mbm] & kholk release kexec conap&gflam will update it for it.
    Those are basically the same steps im taking.
    Is there any difference in steps or installation files?

The files you used are for CDMA-Razr. This won't work on GMS-Razr. The steps to install are the same.