[Q] mega 6.3 sim unlock

Search This thread

RandyLoDaGod

Dec 27, 2013
Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.

jzsidebott

Apr 23, 2011
Can anyone pls help me with sim unlocking my mega 6.3 sgh- m819n . I'm in the military and will very soon be headed back overseas.

If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.

RandyLoDaGod

Dec 27, 2013
If you are with ATT and you are in the military, all you have to do is go to ATT.com/deviceunlock, submit the request and it should ask you to upload your papers for leave.

You will then get your code within 24-48 hours.

Its the Metro PCS version but thanks for the info...

Its the Metro PCS version. But thanks for the info...

sashusmom

May 10, 2008
North Jersey
I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

@ randy, thank you for your service and stay safe.:angel:

MC FLMJ1G

Feb 6, 2014
NYC
I went on cellunlocker site yesterday and priced the att unlock. It was $30. But make sure you activate with the original carrier before unlocking and using different sim. There is a new thing called REGION lock which samsung has started using. If you unlock before activation with the original carrier you will not be able to use your phone internationally. Cell unlocker explains it pretty well with a disclaimer about their service.

They say it applies to all USA phones released with 4.4 kitKat and all Samsung newer phones. The mega isn't specified, but all other top samsung galaxy phones are.

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier. > Seems as if it was activated just once then can be unlocked no issues. Seems this mostly applies to NEW phones...

Reactions: sashusmom

JeffATL

Oct 10, 2009
I had my Mega on MetroPCS for 3 months though I am no longer on MetroPCS. I called them 3 times and each time they put the request in and say I have to wait 3 business days for email but they never send email.... frustrating - I do not want to spend $30 because MetroPCS is supposed to give it to me for free.

Reactions: phubarr

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier. > Seems as if it was activated just once then can be unlocked no issues. Seems this mostly applies to NEW phones...
    I had my Mega on MetroPCS for 3 months though I am no longer on MetroPCS. I called them 3 times and each time they put the request in and say I have to wait 3 business days for email but they never send email.... frustrating - I do not want to spend $30 because MetroPCS is supposed to give it to me for free.