Help with root/s-off

Search This thread

danregueira

Feb 9, 2014
Hey guys,

So my ultimate goal was to basically have my phone be like the Google play edition or the nexus 5. I want just pure android without bloatware or HTC.

I'm a newb to android but I tried regular rooting then realized couldn't with Verizon. I then tried the s-off method with rumrunner on linux and the problem is that it keeps telling me I need to be rooted for it to work.

Don't quite understand what's going on here. Guidance would be much appreciated.

nty123

Feb 9, 2014
xdaforums.com
Hey guys,

So my ultimate goal was to basically have my phone be like the Google play edition or the nexus 5. I want just pure android without bloatware or HTC.

I'm a newb to android but I tried regular rooting then realized couldn't with Verizon. I then tried the s-off method with rumrunner on linux and the problem is that it keeps telling me I need to be rooted for it to work.

Don't quite understand what's going on here. Guidance would be much appreciated.
you can use firewater to achieve s-off

Reactions: danregueira

danregueira

Feb 9, 2014
They are not ment to be executed by windows. They are pushed to and executed from the phone using adb shell.

Success! Thank you so much for your guidance. I figured out how to properly do it all in the command prompt.

Now I need to root the device and run a ROM that makes it like the google play edition.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

you can use firewater to achieve s-off
    Thanks. I'll try this soon. If I rub into proteins I'll be sure to come back here.

Woah cowboy...sounds like tmi

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    The temproot and firewater files aren't executable by Windows 8.1

I changed the extension to .exe but nothing happens when I double click or run as administrator.

They are not ment to be executed by windows. They are pushed to and executed from the phone using adb shell.