[Q] No recovery, no fastboot?

Search This thread
So, one of my family members was mucking around on their tablet. I was sure that I has locked down the appropriate areas, but as of right now, I think I'm looking at a hard-brick. I'm not sure what kind of fastboot capabilities I have, turning it off, and on again boots to what looks like fastboot, but I have a Google splash screen. Using the vol up/down/pwr button does boot into fastboot, but I'm not sure what I have at my disposal for flashing. Any suggestions? I've just never seen anything like this before.

Last edited:

bsquare

Jul 25, 2011
Another alternative would be to boot into recovery, if you can.

I assume you had twrp or cwm? If so, you could reflash the rom you're using. If not, you could install twrp from fastboot and then sideload a rom of your choice.

Reactions: Verfassergeist
If you can boot into fastboot, it isn't a hard brick. A brick doesn't turn on.

Just try fastboot flashing the stock image on it from Google.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I assume you had twrp or cwm? If so, you could reflash the rom you're using. If not, you could install twrp from fastboot and then sideload a rom of your choice.

ADB push wasn't accepting anything. What I ended up doing, was using the Wug toolkit to force-flash a stock image. Still not sure what the hell happened, I'm just happy it works now.

Thanks for your help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you can boot into fastboot, it isn't a hard brick. A brick doesn't turn on.

Just try fastboot flashing the stock image on it from Google.

Sent from my Nexus 5