[STOCK][FTF][CE]12.1.A.0.266 CE - Central Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Imperial_Raj

Apr 1, 2012
Lucknow
How Can I open my fckin files with out file manager WTF is That

Please calm down and read the rules before posting obscenities. Every question is answered on XDA, but you must learn to be polite enough.
As for your question, you can either open the file on your computer using software like 7-Zip, when obviously you would have to open your computer for you're going to be using Flashtool, or else you can download a decent file manager from Google Play and decompress it, though I don't understand why would you do that when you have to use your computer.

~Silver

Jan 13, 2013
Could someone explain me how to install this fw? I updated my SP by PC Companion, so now my SP has 4.3, but with lots of bugs. That's why I'd like to install this fw, but I don't know how. It has unlocked bootloader, without root.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

Imperial_Raj

Apr 1, 2012
Lucknow
Could someone explain me how to install this fw? I updated my SP by PC Companion, so now my SP has 4.3, but with lots of bugs. That's why I'd like to install this fw, but I don't know how. It has unlocked bootloader, without root.

Thanks, and sorry for my bad english.

You can flash this ftf using Flashtool
Downloads and everything else over here

Guide to flashing using Flashtool (Credits to @Androxyde and Xperia Blog):

PREPARATION
1) Download and install Flashtool on your PC from the link above
2) Enable ‘USB debugging’ on your handset: Settings > Developer
options
3) Enable ‘Unknown sources’ on your handset: Settings > Security

FLASHTOOL GUIDE
1) Install drivers for your Xperia handset
The very first step is to make sure that your PC has all of the
necessary drivers installed for your Sony Xperia. The best way to do
this is to install PC Companion or Sony Update Service (SUS).
Make sure you connect your Xperia to the PC before starting the
process to download the necessary USB and ADB drivers. If you have
any problems you will find the necessary drivers once you have
installed Flashtool in the following location: ‘C:\Flashtool\drivers’.
2) Download the firmware
3) Place firmware in correct location on your PC
Place the FTF file in the C:\Flashtool\firmwares folder.
4) Launch Flashtool
Open the Flashtool application on your PC.
Click on the lightning bolt symbol. Select Flashmode and click OK.
5) Select the firmware that you have downloaded in the left column. If you do not want to do a clean install ensure ‘Data’ is not ticked or else you can just leave it ticked. Press the ‘Flash’ button.
6) Connect your Xperia to the PC
Once you press the Flash button, you will see that Flashtool is
‘Preparing files for flashing’.
When you see the prompt you need to connect your Xperia
handset to the PC. Turn your phone off. Press and hold the volume
down button while plugging the USB cable into your Xperia.
7) The flashing process should now start. Once you see the “Flashing finished” message in Flashtool, remove your handset from the PC and restart it (this may take a few minutes so don’t panic).
8) Your Xperia SP should now be updated
Congratulations!

Hope that helps!
Press the thanks button if it helps :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ~Silver

maiap

May 29, 2008
Well, I am unrooted, LB and branded SP to Vodafone.

When I flash this .266 CE rom I lost LTE (4G) signal which is strong in my area. I am using open signal apk to check that (free in Google Play).

Now I can only get 3G.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to have a fix in this rom? I try everything I could think about...

2. Is it possible to flash only the baseband with flashtool? and Where can I find a baseband with 4G (LTE) included in a FTF file?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers!

Leontas

Nov 8, 2010
Maybe you need to select LTE on the prefered network type inside network menu or through *#*#4636#*#* -> phone info -> define prefered network type.

maiap

May 29, 2008
Maybe you need to select LTE on the prefered network type inside network menu or through *#*#4636#*#* -> phone info -> define prefered network type.

Thanks. I have already done that. I believe the problem is some how this CE version doesn`t "recognize" LTE Vodafone signal as my phone is branded.

I will try to flash a vodafone ftf baseband only and see what happens.

aspot72

Well, I am unrooted, LB and branded SP to Vodafone.

When I flash this .266 CE rom I lost LTE (4G) signal which is strong in my area. I am using open signal apk to check that (free in Google Play).

Now I can only get 3G.

My questions are:

1. Is it possible to have a fix in this rom? I try everything I could think about...

2. Is it possible to flash only the baseband with flashtool? and Where can I find a baseband with 4G (LTE) included in a FTF file?

Thank you so much for your help.

Cheers!

You may need new SIM. I had same issue, the LTE option wasn't available. Got new SIM and LTE option appeared in Menu. Flashed CE generic ROM as I don't like redundant bloatware.

painkillah

Mar 14, 2011
Is this ROM missing Sim Toolkit? While using the AU one, I had access to Sim Toolkit. Yet when flashing this Central Europe release, it is missing. Using STK every day (mobile authentication system over here).
Also noticed that, while in the AU rom, it displayed 4G, while in CE rom it displays LTE on the signal icon. Speeds have not changed though, so purely visual.

Any tips on getting STK to work though?

tavoc

Jun 22, 2012
I have a rooted C5303 with looked Bootloader and no TWRP or Clockmod Recovery.

Does an update with flashtool leave my root-access?

Or should I install firt TWRP and flash 4.3 afterwards. Then I could go to the recovery and install superSU.
Will an flashtool Update leave my custom recovery intact?

EDIT: I have read somewhere, that recovery is stored in system partition. Therefore I would loose the recovery, right?

So to keep root on 4.3 this method could work?

1) install recovery on 4.1.2 (rooted, locked BL)
2) reboot to recovery
3) flash 4.3 and superSU
4) reinstall recovery?

Last edited:

Toledo_JAB

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 16, 2011
Toledo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts