[Q] 1080p Video Recording

Search This thread

Kevinjs

Jan 2, 2011
Hi all.
I have been trying to enable 1080p recording on our s3 mini and would like some help. I downloaded cm11 from the xperia P (same cpu, records 1080p, different camera) and changed our build.prop and media_profiles.xml to try enable it. Now in the stock camera and other camera apps I get the option to record 1080p but its always gives me an error. But when I change from 720 to 1080 in the camera app I can cleary see a change in the field of view, i.e, it gets wider.
Someone on here said a while back that the hardware is capable of it but it just needs to be enabled. Has anyone any experience is anything like this? I have seen it been done before on the Moto Atrix 4g and Galaxy Nexus.

Reactions: perfect_

factorexh

Feb 1, 2013
our hardware only supports up to 720p recording. apps dont change this

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all.
    I have been trying to enable 1080p recording on our s3 mini and would like some help. I downloaded cm11 from the xperia P (same cpu, records 1080p, different camera) and changed our build.prop and media_profiles.xml to try enable it. Now in the stock camera and other camera apps I get the option to record 1080p but its always gives me an error. But when I change from 720 to 1080 in the camera app I can cleary see a change in the field of view, i.e, it gets wider.
    Someone on here said a while back that the hardware is capable of it but it just needs to be enabled. Has anyone any experience is anything like this? I have seen it been done before on the Moto Atrix 4g and Galaxy Nexus.