Any info on the Droid Fighter?

Search This thread

tea_doe

Apr 11, 2012
A guy I work work used to work at an official Verizon store so I had him go in and talk to some of the people he worked with. This is what he said.

"I asked around at the store and nobody had a clue. They have a change out tonight of the store but that was all the info any of them had as far as a new phone."

With that being said, I don't think a new awesome phone is coming out.

doeboy711

Dec 12, 2009
Owings, MD
Well we have less than 24 hours to see if this phone is atcually going to be announced or released. (crosses his fingers)

tjac357

Jun 5, 2011
Ohio
I'm going to the vzw store in the AM to check it out. Hopefully they will. If so I will pick one up and let ppl know

kip101

Mar 5, 2010
i wish they would say something ,(using my old pantech breakout right poor old lapdock just collecting dust ). Have 2 upgrades one with 50.00 off ,cant wait to use them . i got the razr few weeks ago but returned it when i saw the fighter might be coming . has anybody see the news that verizon wants to charge 30 bucks more for upgrading to discounted phone .Wtf big red as if were not paying enough now :eek:. will post link in a few. there is a petition going on right now check out DroidLife .com

Last edited:

risslerp

Nov 30, 2008
Last week Verizon would have gave me a $30 discount on the Droid Razr Maxx upgrade. I went to Best Buy mobile and they matched the discount plus had it in stock. I went with Best Buy because of in store refund (14 days) and exchange (30 days). I was hoping there was going to be a new Samsung Galaxy or Moto Droid coming out in that time period.

marlin29311

Jul 17, 2011
Ugh...if this doesn't get released by the 21st, I'm probably going to go with the Razr Maxx...don't want to pay the stupid $30 fee.

droidxrooting

Jan 23, 2011
I think if it gets released it will be on or after the 22nd. At that day verizon can charge the fee and maximize the profit from a brand new phone.

tlordon

Nov 18, 2007
I have a Q for everyone
i have untill the 18th to cancel and wait for it.

i signed up with wirefly and have allready had one bad mic, one bad power button and 3rd is due to arive in the morning (im thinking of not opening it and Rejecting delivery.

will the fact i had service for 14 days and then canceled and then come back 14-30 days later when it comes out. affect me as being considered new customer and get for the lower price?

i just dont want to be hosed with this thing..
(kinda dont like it due to Voice qaulity vs sprint S2 (i still have LMFAO)
and to be honest im not going to pay so much for a upgrade to it to come out weeks after ID FLIP A LID>>

Apr 11, 2012
wirelessandmobilenews(.com)/2012/04/verizon-update-droid-incredible-fighter.html

According to this website, the Fighter is *now* rumoured to be out after the DInc4G. I also saw somewhere that someone was estimating June (but I don't have the site handy).

c4v3man

May 11, 2007
With the lack of Tegra 3 devices coming to Verizon, I'm hoping the Galaxy S3 hits Verizon, to push Motorola to come out with a stronger phone, rather than a stock RAZR with a HD screen.

4ktvs

Sep 3, 2011
The Droid fighter and the Razr HD, may not be the same phone. I think think the fighter was pushed back due to ICS issues. I don't really know what to think at this point with the bit of info I have.

I have been seeing that just becuase you work for verizon, does not meen you know anything for sure. Only the CEO and a few high level guys know anything for sure.

Any way I hope to get one this fall when my "upgrade" comes. ( I know a guy who works for them and he gets phones for next to nothing. He just got a one week old 4S for $30 from a old man who hated it.)

I hope the S3 hit's verizon too, becuase I like the galaxy S phones a lot.

Top Liked Posts