[Two Apps] Notes Mobile/FlexT9

Search This thread

fwald

Jun 7, 2011
Washington, DC
Guys who of you has white letters on white background in landscape? Is it just a custom Rom problem?

I know I'm late here, but I have been having the same problem with my HTC Flyer running Honeycomb as well. Can't see what I'm writing. I finally decided to check out xda to see if it was happening to anyone else. Was there ever a solution?

Last edited:

Elfuente

Nov 7, 2011
soso

Ok so I've made the new update flashable. I need two people to test it for me (Flyer and a View owner) because I don't have time to flash it right now lol. I would make a backup of the current app/data just to be safe. Anyone?

Here are the links
Flyer: http://goo.im/devs/Gumby63/notesmobile/NotesMobile-Flyer.zip
View: http://goo.im/devs/Gumby63/notesmobile/NotesMobile-View.zip

I use a flyer with the actual leedroid, desense. I flashed the zip in cwm, reboot, running notes and worked with handwriting. Handwriting recognition caused fc. I opened the Zip and installed the apk from there. reboot, now it´s working.

thanks for your work

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
I know I'm late here, but I have been having the same problem with my HTC Flyer running Honeycomb as well. Can't see what I'm writing. I finally decided to check out xda to see if it was happening to anyone else. Was there ever a solution?

I dont think so :(

I use a flyer with the actual leedroid, desense. I flashed the zip in cwm, reboot, running notes and worked with handwriting. Handwriting recognition caused fc. I opened the Zip and installed the apk from there. reboot, now it´s working.

thanks for your work

Ok cool so it looks like I just need to have it delete the old apk. Thanks!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

geekempire

Jun 11, 2007
Louisville, KY
I have been using this on my Galaxy Note for a couple of days now. Its about the best handwriting program i have tried on the Note so far.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
Ok so I've made the new update flashable. I need two people to test it for me (Flyer and a View owner) because I don't have time to flash it right now lol. I would make a backup of the current app/data just to be safe. Anyone?

Here are the links
Flyer: http://goo.im/devs/Gumby63/notesmobile/NotesMobile-Flyer.zip
View: http://goo.im/devs/Gumby63/notesmobile/NotesMobile-View.zip

I'm not clear, should I uninstall the link that I downloaded from the first post and download this?

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
I would just wait because I plan on updating the OP tomorrow with all the correct zips.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

GMAN1722

Oct 14, 2011
Brooklyn NY
I would just wait because I plan on updating the OP tomorrow with all the correct zips.

Sent from my htc_shooter using Tapatalk 2

Thanks bro. Quick question is the benefit of the updated zip improved handwriting recognition? Because even though the original one works pretty well my handwriting is so bad that sometimes i have to rewrite words (this isn't a problem with any of my family members - but they're not allowed to touch my flyer)

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Thanks bro. Quick question is the benefit of the updated zip improved handwriting recognition? Because even though the original one works pretty well my handwriting is so bad that sometimes i have to rewrite words (this isn't a problem with any of my family members - but they're not allowed to touch my flyer)

Haha I don't think so. The most noted improvement is an updated UI. I know there was a changelog I saw somewhere but I can't remember everything. I'm the same way I have bad handwriting so it makes it tough sometimes.

Gumby63

Dec 7, 2010
Atlanta
Yeah for some reason, the only way to get it to work correctly is if you delete the old notesmobile from/system/app and then flash the updated one. It's quite annoying.

punjabiest

Nov 7, 2006
How do I flash this on stock rom with stock recovery.....thanks.....

Sent from my HTC_Flyer_P512_NA using xda premium

Lucas0511

Mar 14, 2006
Working with this update for a few days now, great added value for the Flyer. HTC should license this! Thanks for sharing the update.

Reactions: Gumby63

tuen

Apr 16, 2008
Hi Gumby,

I installed the flext9 keyboard when you first posted it here. I hardly use it but recently, I suspect that the keyboard may be causing some problems with the standard keyboard in my pocket cloud app. I want to uninstall it to see if that soves the problem. However, I can't find the uninstall command in the app manager for FlexT9.

Would you be able to tell me which files to remove and from where? I have root explorer and I know how to use it.

Thanks in advance.

Justin

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is an app ported over from the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet. It's used for note taking and has handwriting recognition and palm rejection. I find it pretty useful for taking notes for my classes. I made it into a flashable zip instead of requiring the use of ADB.​

Language Packs:http://dev-host.org/mp34hwoons0j/notesmobile-languages.zip
    Mirror

Sorry for the big download but it would be a pain to upload each individual apk.

Thanks to:
    vlara for the install with no build.prop edits
    huntman21014, immjg, and focbuster78 for testing the View version

Screenshots:

200tcth.png
    2m7esft.png
    15z1jig.png

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    This app is another one I pulled from the Lenovo Thinkpad. It's called FlexT9 Keyboard. It acts a normal keyboard along with something similar to swype. There's another option that allows you to write in the space provided and it translates your writing to text. This can be used anywhere that you can use th keyboard. Personally, I have a hard time getting it to recognize the words I write but maybe you guys will have better luck :D

A quick pointer: go to the help section in the settings to really learn how to use it.

Let me know what you guys think!

Screenshots:

30a4dqt.png
    wqvrpv.png
    Hey Gumby63 I made a cwm flashable zip that includes a script that replaces the required lines in the build.prop so it can be used on both flyer and view and wont replace the entire build.prop incase they have other changes :)

I just one upped myself I removed the check in the app itself so no more build prop edits are needed :) just tested and it worked heres the cwm flashable zip! Removing link since gunny updated the op. Gumby63 thanks for bringing this great app to our attention!
    Updated with FlexT9 :)
    The build.prop is easily pulled via adb.

You can give the OP the required information by posting the following:

The output of the
    Code:
    adb shell mount
    and/or
    Code:
    adb shell cat /proc/emmc
    Great app and very straightforward. Anyone have the line height option available after install or is it not available on flyer port?

Thanks for the upload, much appreciated

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using XDA App

you need to go into settings from the "My Notebooks" page. If you have an open Notebook it will be grayed out.