SwiftKey Flow

Search This thread

Jshokamp

Jan 5, 2011
Is there anyone that can theme this or more importantly the official release? I love swiftkey but would love it more with a nice clean black glass theme.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Jshokamp

Jan 5, 2011
Yes I'm not impressed with any of them I am looking for something a little more elegant.

xgerryx

May 26, 2011
New Hampshire
Tried flow out for the first time after using swype for over a year and I do actually like it. As others have said, the themes aren't great. Like a plain grey and black one, or something without crazy colors would be good. I'm running a red theme on Eclipse ROM and there is nothing to match that. But to be fair, Swype didn't have anything either. I like it though.

drewmey

Oct 15, 2012
Took me a while...

Sadly, it took me a while to figure out that this is different than Swype in that you can do multiple words by sliding to the space bar. Wasn't impressed but now I am. The lack of themes doesn't bother me. Just had to turn off the space bar making the auto correct when I am not sliding and then it was perfect. The only thing I miss is that when I mess up a word sliding, I only have three choices to select from to correct it. Swype gave me about 10 usually. Also, if I really mess up a word while sliding, in swype you just hit the S on the bottom left and it selects the whole word allowing you to essentially try again.

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Sadly, it took me a while to figure out that this is different than Swype in that you can do multiple words by sliding to the space bar. Wasn't impressed but now I am. The lack of themes doesn't bother me. Just had to turn off the space bar making the auto correct when I am not sliding and then it was perfect. The only thing I miss is that when I mess up a word sliding, I only have three choices to select from to correct it. Swype gave me about 10 usually. Also, if I really mess up a word while sliding, in swype you just hit the S on the bottom left and it selects the whole word allowing you to essentially try again.

Man we mentioned the multiple word deal in the first few post of this thread you could have been doing that :p... The theme choices are limited but more than you get with swype it is just a beta version it gave me an update on my language pack and today it told me I have improved my speed and decreased my errors by 53%

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

tjohnstone3

May 1, 2009
Tried flow out for the first time after using swype for over a year and I do actually like it. As others have said, the themes aren't great. Like a plain grey and black one, or something without crazy colors would be good. I'm running a red theme on Eclipse ROM and there is nothing to match that. But to be fair, Swype didn't have anything either. I like it though.

I really like flow as well (been using Swype beta for along time). My main problem is I have a bit of a potty mouth and there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to add words to my 'dictionary'. According to documentation when you type a work and select it, it should add it and start using it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

I also am having issues with really short words like 'we' where the letters are close together. It seems to only register the one letter 'w'. I too am having the issue with words with double letters. Circling over the letter like in swype doesn't seem to work at all.

refsta

Sep 30, 2012
Nice start for Flow, but certainly needs some maturing. I'm back to Swype for now but this is sure to get better.

Reactions: bajasur

Patr1ck.

Jul 7, 2012
I really like flow as well (been using Swype beta for along time). My main problem is I have a bit of a potty mouth and there doesn't seem to be a reliable way to add words to my 'dictionary'. According to documentation when you type a work and select it, it should add it and start using it. But that doesn't seem to be the case. Has anyone else had any luck with this?

I also am having issues with really short words like 'we' where the letters are close together. It seems to only register the one letter 'w'. I too am having the issue with words with double letters. Circling over the letter like in swype doesn't seem to work at all.

Swiftkey learns your niche words and patterns over time. Just keep using it and it will eventually pick it up; you can even go into the swiftkey settings and adjust the degree of how fast it learns them.

Addiso

Jul 3, 2012
San Bernardino
Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 Series
Swiftkey learns your niche words and patterns over time. Just keep using it and it will eventually pick it up; you can even go into the swiftkey settings and adjust the degree of how fast it learns them.

Or after a cool minute of texting, just press learn from SMS and it will know everything you typed so far

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

p-slim

May 25, 2008
San Jose
I'm not a theme person nor do I like flow, what I would like is a dedicated emoji button. Since jellybean android now supports emoji natively. SwiftKey needs to add a button for this and add emoji icons.

steelersmb

Aug 10, 2010
I have been a long time user of Swype and been trying Flow since it has come out but it just doesn't seem to work as good as Swype right now. I have since switched back to Sywpe.

dreDrennon1

Jun 18, 2010
Nashville
Man we mentioned the multiple word deal in the first few post of this thread you could have been doing that :p...]

Hadn't actually read the thread at the time. I heard about the app from an email I believe so I kinda stumbled upon this thread after the fact. But sure glad I know now!

Yeah it is a great addition to any device just wish there were more themes

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

knalto

Oct 19, 2012
The latest beta version 4.0.0.76 really has improved the Flow experience a lot. It is now possible to use Flow and have predictions in almost every field.

HeadlessPonch

Nov 16, 2010
Des Moines, IA
The latest beta version 4.0.0.76 really has improved the Flow experience a lot. It is now possible to use Flow and have predictions in almost every field.
Flowing in the browser really is a huge improvement. I was pretty annoyed at first when it wasn't allowed.

I've tried swype and the stock Samsung keyboards, and swiftkey just feels faster, even when not flowing.

Top Liked Posts