[Q] i8190n no network on any 4.2.2 rom

Search This thread

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
Hi all, I've been trawling through the forums for over a day trying to fix my problem of no mobile network on any of the 4.2.2 based roms,
I can see my imei no, baseband (I8190NXXAMD3) etc. However my network is "unknown:0", signal strength "0dbm 99asu" and the rom doesn't see my phone number,
I have, flashed + reflashed with wipes of data cache and dalvik.
Checked my APN settings (default is ok, though on initial boot isn't selected) [also reentering my apn settings and clicking save seems to delete my APN(s)].
I have disabled wifi + gps etc, aeroplane mode on+off several times, many reboots etc. ( i have noticed that on first boot the mobile data tile(toggle switch) says "no service" and the signal indicator is shown in the status/notification bar [empty, no signal], but after enabling then disabling aeroplane mode it changes to "emergency calls only" and the signal indicator icon disappears from the top right,
I have tried Maclaws 4.2.2 releases (aokp,cm10.1,PAC) and Team Golden's releases (including the latest ParanoidAndroid 3.69) all have no mobile network issue ass described.
I also found a modified build.prop on one of the other threads (for aokp) and imported it over the one i had, made no difference

the only thing i haven't done is flash via odin, all flashes are performed from the latest CWM (not trusting this laptop atm)

DModv6 is working fine for now, but i'd really like to update to one of the 4.2.2 releases, developers doing a great job bringing it to the s3 mini =D

If there is anything else i can do to assist in fixing this issue please don't hesitate to ask me.

Last edited:

alexandru5796

Jul 8, 2013
flash official firmware of your region >root>use csc changer to change csc >then follow instruction to install 4.2.2 rom , i think the CSC is the problem .
TRY PACMAN(team golden)

Last edited:
Reactions: sheephog

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
CSC is not the problem here. CM-based roms doesn't even use it.
You're not the only one with this problem. I've seen a few more with same issue.
Anyway..you should really try to flash a stock firmware using odin to see if everything is working ok, not only on dmod.

thanks for the input guys, i'm pretty sure everything is ok but ill see about flashing with odin, just need to get a hold of a stable pc for a bit =D

Last edited:

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
Have you tried resetting APN in mobile network settings

Sent from my GT-I8190 using xda app-developers app

Yes thanks, tried that (as i said) =]
still waiting for a good opportunity to reflash stock with odin. Hopefully might solve some of the random "front end" crashes i get.
i will update the thread as i have flashed and if any other revelations come to light.

Thanks for all the help here at xda =D

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
flashed...

ok so i downloaded firmware - I8190NXXALL6_H3GALL2_UK_H3G_Android_4.1.2.zip
and flashed with odin, log stated no errors, but stuck in a boot loop. (on first boot cwm asks to install unsigned package, clicked yes, restart, then stuck on samsung loading screen)
Reflashed maclaw studios latest aokp release just to test,inc factory reset and dalvik wipe ofc, but still no network =[ (checked APN, aeroplane mode on/off etc)
also back to baseband ALL6 instead of AMD3 now
Restored backup to DMod6 (still got ALL6 baseband) and everything working again.
Just wish i could get 4.2.2 working with network...
Any ideas?
thanks

* Also thought that firmware should have had the H3G logo for boot animation, not samsung.. bit odd =]

Last edited:

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
Any help?

Anyone had any similar problems, and managed to overcome them?
Or can anyone point me to any tuts/guides so i can maybe fix the problem myself, whether it be "splicing" 2 ROM's or whatever.

SoulReaver19

Jun 5, 2013
Buddy believe me I tried it out with Maclaw's CM10.1 and I don't know why but I had the exact same problem than you so my only solution was to test it again with stock rom and later with Dmod v6 too check everything was all right againg and my issue was fixed, hope to help you in something and find out a solution for your problem.

Sent from my GT-I8190L using xda app-developers app

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
Buddy believe me I tried it out with Maclaw's CM10.1 and I don't know why but I had the exact same problem than you so my only solution was to test it again with stock rom and later with Dmod v6 too check everything was all right againg and my issue was fixed, hope to help you in something and find out a solution for your problem.

So let me get this straight. Is this what u did?
Cm10.1 - no network
Flash stock - all working
Flash Dmod6 - all working
Flash Cm10.1 again - working network.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using xda app-developers app

SoulReaver19

Jun 5, 2013
I didn't want to try again with Maclaw's rom so I stayed with the Dmod rom with all the features working normally :)

sheephog

Jul 24, 2013
Cm10.1 01/08/13

I didn't want to try again with Maclaw's rom so I stayed with the Dmod rom with all the features working normally :)

Ok thanks for your input,

Well i tried latest CM10.1 already (big thanks to the maclaw team) but still no network, currently on ALL6 baseband, same issues as previously, no network, presuming sim drivers not working properly for me as it doesnt show my number.

Any1 got a link to somewhere with a list of available Modem files (different basebands) ready for download?

deskSX

Nov 1, 2013
Ok thanks for your input,

Well i tried latest CM10.1 already (big thanks to the maclaw team) but still no network, currently on ALL6 baseband, same issues as previously, no network, presuming sim drivers not working properly for me as it doesnt show my number.

Any1 got a link to somewhere with a list of available Modem files (different basebands) ready for download?

new Version available already,

Srdgh

Oct 2, 2013
Solution

Dear Sheephog,

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having a very similar problem with CM11 on i8190n. On Touchwiz, mobile network and data are fine. But when I install Maclaw's latest CM11 build (whether using clockworkmod or TWRP), factory reset, then reboot, CM11 boots up nicely /except/ mobile network and data are unknown. Network Operators (in Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile Network Settings) yields "Error while searching for networks". A restore to Touchwiz gets mobile network and data back no problem.

(My baseband version is I8190NXXAMJ2.)

Thanks

piskor

Oct 9, 2010
Dear Sheephog,

Did you find a solution for this? I'm having a very similar problem with CM11 on i8190n. On Touchwiz, mobile network and data are fine. But when I install Maclaw's latest CM11 build (whether using clockworkmod or TWRP), factory reset, then reboot, CM11 boots up nicely /except/ mobile network and data are unknown. Network Operators (in Settings>Wireless and networks>Mobile Network Settings) yields "Error while searching for networks". A restore to Touchwiz gets mobile network and data back no problem.

Thanks
You will find a solution in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2566918
modemfs flashable .zip file for I8190N is in my post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48607820&postcount=11

Reactions: Srdgh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    flash official firmware of your region >root>use csc changer to change csc >then follow instruction to install 4.2.2 rom , i think the CSC is the problem .
    TRY PACMAN(team golden)
    CSC is not the problem here. CM-based roms doesn't even use it.
    You're not the only one with this problem. I've seen a few more with same issue.
    Anyway..you should really try to flash a stock firmware using odin to see if everything is working ok, not only on dmod.
    Dear Sheephog,

Thanks
    You will find a solution in this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2566918
    modemfs flashable .zip file for I8190N is in my post http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48607820&postcount=11