How to unbrick the phone for N9005(HK 16GB)

Search This thread

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
You mean you have successfully flashed custom ROM but your ROM has problems? If so, you need to consult the ROM author because many of the Custom ROMs are still in the developing stages and still have many bugs

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

No, I mean what I said ... I have had phone video issues in 7.0 and 7.1 Sweet. Also in XNote v.8 and Omega v7 and 7.1.

I am going to trial another attempt with Sweet 7.0 and 8.0 soon. Thanks.

Miles.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Oh wait ... (one of about a thousand of these moments) have I been wiping the RoMs after Sweet? (rhetorical) :0

I will check now - do it again ... and keep trying.

Seriously though, thanks for your guide as it has at least given me a chance.

No, I mean what I said ... I have had phone video issues in 7.0 and 7.1 Sweet. Also in XNote v.8 and Omega v7 and 7.1.

Miles.

Locky Loki

Apr 18, 2012
Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Locky Loki
You mean you have successfully flashed custom ROM but your ROM has problems? If so, you need to consult the ROM author because many of the Custom ROMs are still in the developing stages and still have many bugs

Miles.

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Oh wait ... (one of about a thousand of these moments) have I been wiping the RoMs after Sweet? (rhetorical) :0

Originally Posted by s327374

Miles.

For me, step 7, 13 and 14 are the most important. One mistake and you'll have to redo the whole thing again. Pay attention to the coloured words

Reactions: JN9 and s327374

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
For me, step 7, 13 and 14 are the most important. One mistake and you'll have to redo the whole thing again. Pay attention to the coloured words

YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Ok this time - I have sweet 7.0 in operation - video and camera are working.

I will attempt a nowipe flash of Sweet 8.0 tonight. Are you going in this direction?

Thanks.

Locky Loki

Apr 18, 2012
Hong Kong
YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!

Ok this time - I have sweet 7.0 in operation - video and camera are working.

I will attempt a nowipe flash of Sweet 8.0 tonight. Are you going in this direction?

Thanks.

Not quite yet. Since Sweet v7 is working well for me, I won't upgrade any more. Try and Let me know the result

s327374

Feb 11, 2011
Beijing
OPPO Find X5 Pro
Not quite yet. Since Sweet v7 is working well for me, I won't upgrade any more. Try and Let me know the result

C'mon I'm sure it's awesome ;) ... Maybe I'll wait a couple of days before I fly that close to the sun again. I have a head ache you wouldn't believe.

Once more, Thank you so much. Especially for not snapping at me when I got it wrong.

Big Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

C'mon I'm sure it's awesome ;) ... Maybe I'll wait a couple of days before I fly that close to the sun again. I have a head ache you wouldn't believe.

Once more, Thank you so much. Especially for not snapping at me when I got it wrong.

Big Cheers.

I am such a smuck!

Someone posted on another thread that they had X-Note v.8. I couldn't help myself...

Long story short. IT WORKED - Dirty flashed X-note 8. Camera issues have disappeared.

:):):):)

So Happy.

Xin nian kuai la. Or whatever they say in Cantonese!

Cheers.

Locky Loki

Apr 18, 2012
Hong Kong

Big Cheers.

---------- Post added at 11:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

I am such a smuck!

Someone posted on another thread that they had X-Note v.8. I couldn't help myself...

Long story short. IT WORKED - Dirty flashed X-note 8. Camera issues have disappeared.

:):):):)

So Happy.

Xin nian kuai la. Or whatever they say in Cantonese!

Cheers.

Since the basic flash to 4.4.2 is done, dirty flash is probably enough to install another custom ROM. Happy Chinese New Year!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Please read the whole thread before working on it.

I know everyone is frustrating in upgrading to 4.4.2 but brick during odin process (ext4 fail) and stuck in 4.4.2 bootloader.

Here is the method to solve this problem:
    Before working on it, we have to prepare the following things:
    1. Odin 3.07 (Yes, 3.09 does not work)
    2. HK firmware odin pack (Pit, BL (DO NOT WORK WITH IT, AP, CP, CSC): http://pan.baidu.com/s/1Bvm6g (Sorry for giving the chinese link, I hope someone to make a new link for me)
    3. 4.4.2 leaked firmware: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608178
    4. 4.4.2 rom, I used sweet rom v.7 to fix it
    5. 4.4.2 recovery cwm
    5. Samsung driver (bullshxt)

Now lets get started:
    1. Flash the 4.4.2 firmware BL by odin.
    2. Flash the HK Firmware AP, CP &CSC (Do not use the HK firmware BL)
    3. once it done, turn to Download mode again and flash 4.4.2 recovery cwm by odin
    4. Run Recovery
    5. Wipe everything
    6. Flash 4.4.2 rom ( I flashed sweet rom v7 currently)
    7. Boot to system and do all the setting ( The sound and the signal are not working)
    8. Boot back to download mode
    9. Boot the 4.4.2 leaked firmware's CP ( DO NOT WIPE AFTERWARD)
    10. Prepare coffee and cookies
    11. Enjoy your device! :)
    Originally Posted by Locky Loki

Miles.

Originally Posted by s327374

Miles.

more informations about

Hi all,

Please read the whole thread before working on it.

I know everyone is frustrating in upgrading to 4.4.2 but brick during odin process (ext4 fail) and stuck in 4.4.2 bootloader.

Here is the method to solve this problem:
    Before working on it, we have to prepare the following things:
    1. Odin 3.07 (Yes, 3.09 does not work)
    2. HK firmware odin pack (Pit, BL (DO NOT WORK WITH IT, AP, CP, CSC): http://pan.baidu.com/s/1Bvm6g (Sorry for giving the chinese link, I hope someone to make a new link for me)
    3. 4.4.2 leaked firmware: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2608178
    4. 4.4.2 rom, I used sweet rom v.7 to fix it
    5. 4.4.2 recovery cwm
    5. Samsung driver (bullshxt)

Now lets get started:
    1. Flash the 4.4.2 firmware BL by odin.
    2. Flash the HK Firmware AP, CP &CSC (Do not use the HK firmware BL)
    3. once it done, turn to Download mode again and flash 4.4.2 recovery cwm by odin
    4. Run Recovery
    5. Wipe everything
    6. Flash 4.4.2 rom ( I flashed sweet rom v7 currently)
    7. Boot to system and do all the setting ( The sound and the signal are not working)
    8. Boot back to download mode
    9. Boot the 4.4.2 leaked firmware's CP ( DO NOT WIPE AFTERWARD)
    10. Prepare coffee and cookies
    11. Enjoy your device! :)

can you put more details and all downloads links
    Tried to follow this, but failed ... I don't think the instructions are clear (no PIT, etc)

Followed them though ... and no luck.

Thanks to the poster, but hasn't helped me. Cheers.

This is my tutorial. Please read
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=49831876
    I have made a question in your tutorial that you have linked in op. Sorry for my mistake. Have you got it?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

Let me check. Answer it there

---------- Post added at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I have made a question in your tutorial that you have linked in op. Sorry for my mistake. Have you got it?

Sent from my GT-N8000 using xda app-developers app

Yes. Answered.