[WM6.5 ] Taskbar by ArtieQ (GSM & TMo USA) [NOT SUPPORTED ANYMORE]

Search This thread

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Here you go guys, alot of work put into this and I also wanna give credits to tsowen, HTCLeener, Gadgetfreak, MysticGenius, 12aon, sunnyin86, Juggalo_X and DarkNinja :)

tsowentaskbar6v322.png

100415010237.png

Installation instructions:

1. Uninstall any previous taskbar
2. Install SDKCerts.cab (attached)
3. Install my taskbar to main memory
4. Soft reset
5. Make sure your registry says the following after installation:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\security\ResOver\Bitmaps
BatteryIconLevels = 101 (Dec)
BatteryIconIdStart = 1001 (Dec)
BaseDll = phcanOverbmp.dll
BaseId = DWORD: 0

If the volume icon doesn't appear delete the following registry keys:

HKLM/Software/HTC/VolumeOverlay

LoadIconFromResDLL

SoundIconLink

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ADD-ONS FOR YOUR LIKE!

Email and SMS 1st set:

sms5.png

emailllll.png

Email and SMS 2nd set: (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

mail333333.png

mail444.png

New stereo headset icon, move to \windows. No softreset needed.

100418163022.png

New waiting cursor from Dafunk Brian's taskbar, move to \windows and softreset. If you cannot move it, rename the shellres.192.dll in \windows to shellres.192.dll.bak and move the new one.

waitcursoranim.gif

Two new startmenu icons, also the signalbars are finally correctly aligned.

Grey background: (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

wintrans.png

Blue background: (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

wintransblue.png

Added new Bluetooth Stereo headset icon, just move to \Windows. No softreset needed. (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

100418163022333.png

I have fixed the notification icon, it seems like the file wasn't signed properly before but now is.

0409 = WWE ROM (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)
041D = Swedish ROM (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

New battery icons, looks much better than the previous ones. Move to \windows and softreset. (DOWNLOAD IN POST #6)

hehehg.png

New email icon, move to \windows and softreset. (DOWNLOAD IN POST #167)

100426015221.png

Attachments

• sdkcerts.cab
    4.6 KB · Views: 2,051
Last edited:

wolfee

Apr 6, 2010
Ok dumb question time.. :p

I installed the cab files,
used Resco file explorer to look up the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\securit\resOver\bitmaps

and it is not there.

I loocked for BatteryIconlevels = 101 and its not there.
I stopped looking for the other files.. I figured if the first 2 arnt there the others wouldnt be either.

while I have a couple of the new icon in the task bar I dont have the battery speaker, or wifi icons. they are still the stock icons.

were do I go from here?

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Icons......

Attachments

• notify.dll.0409.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 418
  • notify.dll.041D.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:

wolfee

Apr 6, 2010
on the good side of the story though.
the red X box, Green check mark box, signal strength, and a couple of others work. :)

kyo0720

Jan 3, 2010
Excuse me, my phone is wm6.5.x,because your icon is very beautiful,so I can download and install that?

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
HEH!!!... Artie you did awesome work on this toolbar, It looks REALLY nice. Grats on a job well done.

Would you mind giving me the icons you used for this so I can take them to the link you provided?

What you can do is open the .cab, open setup.xml and then you will see for example "shellres.192.dll" as name and a name under it, in this case it's SHELLR~1.1019. Just drag that file from the cab and rename it to the following name. Just do this with all the files in the cab and zip them so the people can extract the icons from it.

wolfee

Apr 6, 2010
Gotcha... Thank you.

Though I might not need too, Im at the link you gave me, and its there as well. Chances are it will be made soon. :)

Thanks again

ArtieQ

Jul 24, 2009
Sweden
Gotcha... Thank you.

Though I might not need too, Im at the link you gave me, and its there as well. Chances are it will be made soon. :)

Thanks again

Nah man, I just used some of Tsowen's icons. His taskbar is almost the same as mine except signal bars, headset icon, speaker, sms, mms, email and so on..

tossero

Sep 13, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hey hey ! Finally some action ! :)

It looks great , thank you ArtieQ !
Thanks DarkNinja also! :D

P.S Is there a way around this? (bluetooth background )
2.02 base ROM , manila 1921.1619
Cheers~

Attachments

• 2010-04-15_10-46-42-AM.jpg
    2010-04-15_10-46-42-AM.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 387
Last edited:

emmeborn

Dec 4, 2005
Sweden
Hi, nice work.

After installing this everything is ok, except for the speaker (Volume) icon. That one is missing. See attached screen-shot.

HTC HD2 Stock 1.66 Swedish 6.5 ROM.

Attachments

• pc_capture9.jpg
    pc_capture9.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 324